[13.3] Xayah Guide by misterfirstblood
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
+10% Attack Speed
+9 Adaptive (5.4 AD or 9 AP)
Ability Order Standard
Threats & Synergies
Champion Build Guide
- Smooth attack animation
- Tons of Area of effect damage
- Able to dodge like every ability with her ult so you can often survive even if you do mistakes with your positioning
- Style points.
- hard laning vs champs like cait or draven
- No escape abilitiy/dash outside her ultimate which makes her vulnerable
- You're always pushing the lane even if you don't want to
- needs practise and a lot of attention
After using an ability, Xayah's next basic attacks will hit all targets along their path and leave a Feather.
Q: Double Daggers
Xayah throws two damaging daggers that also drop Feathers she can recall.
W: Deadly Plumage
Xayah creates a storm of blades that increase her Attack Speed and damage while also granting her Move Speed if she attacks a champion.
Xayah calls back all her dropped Feathers dealing damage and rooting enemies.
Xayah leaps into the air becoming untargetable and throwing out a fan of daggers, dropping Feathers she can recall.
Kraken Slayer is a good item if you face a lot of tanks but it makes you a little less mobile than a Galeforce Build why i highly recommend rushing it Galeforce over Kraken. After finshing your mythic item you have to decide between Essence Reaver, Infinity Edge and Phantom Dancer.
All of these offer Great Damage while IE may give more Damage and Essence Reaver offers more Utility. If you feel not comfortable with your attack speed and dont feel like a Burst Champ, but rather like a constantly attacking ADC, PD is your best choice here.
If youre versus a heavy tanky team you can go for Lord Dominik's Regards second aswell. Finish your build with the utility you need in this specific match but watch out to reach atleast 80% crit in the end.
Xayah's Q is her main setup tool to get more feathers and to prepare your E burst. It's range is much bigger than your auto attack range is what allows you to poke&trade often. Another good thing about this ability is that its damage didn't decreases when hitting multiple enemies. (not like cait Q)
Since you need some AD to get the maximum value out of this ability i recommend maxing it second.
Xayah's E is the reason why so many people are saying that xayah is too strong and also the reason why xayah is hard to master. With E you're able to grab back all the feathers you have placed with passive auto attacks, Q and R.
The more feathers hit your enemies the more damage you'll deal.(and get rooted)
The maximum of feathers is uncapped so you can stack as much feathers as you're able to place with attack speed and abilities and burst your enemies from 100 to zero of you pull them back.
Max this out very first.
This ability is just amazing.
The damage looks weak to be honest but if you've already placed some feathers and use R + E the enemies will literally explode.
What I like the most at this ability is the amount of positbilities you have. You can use it defensively and deny so many Combos or dodge ults like zed mark or fizz fish or karthus requiem but you can also use it offensively and engage with Q R and root all enemies while chasing/kiting back. Of course, xayah has no escape tool but this ult is more than enough to play around all of her weaknesses.
Press the Attack will apply a debuff to a enemy you attacked 3 times in a row, which increases every incoming damage for some seconds. Additionally it deals a little damage when you trigger it kinda like thunderlord
Lethal Tempo gives you tons of attack speed and allows you to break the 2.5 as cap after attacking a enemy.
Fleet Footwork is like the old warlords bloodlust and gives sustain and movement speed after generating 100 stacks. Sadly it got nerfed over and over again
So I would recommend you to play Lethal Tempo because it synergies pretty well with your W ability and you dont have to focus at a single target in a teamfight. Fleet Footwork isnt really relevant in this meta anyway since the durability patch nerfed shields and healings, your opponent might not have any reliable source of healing aswell.
My personal preference for the second tree to go in is Inspiration.
Biscuit Delivery and Magical Footwear are just amazing and save you so much gold, what makes you scale better into mid/late game.
Before you reach lvl 2 you can prepare your feathers with Q/W and position yourself for grabbing them back instantely. After hit lvl 2 use a key binding to immediately put a skill point in E and activate it to root and burst enemies. If they didn't spent attention they will die instantly in this scenario.
- You can reset tower aggro when using ultimate! important thing when fighting.
- Zone with your feathers. You can deny enemies adc's farm if you place feathers in front of him. So he can decide to lose farm or lose a trade. Do this constantly.
- Ward. I know, this has nothing to do with the champ you play but xayah is always pushing the lane because of her penetrative auto attacks so she's an easy target for Ganks or Roams. Take care.
- Use E as early as required but as late as possible. If you're using this ability to early you have cooldown on your execute tool but if you use it to late you'll give your enemies time to sidestep or move out of your feathers range. You will have to practise this thing a bit until you really know what you're doing and how to do the best.
- Always try to play with a rakan support. I know, that's not a gameplay tip but it still helps you a lot.
- You can Lasthit minions by attacking an enemy champ who stands behind it when your passive is up. Always try to combine your farming, trading and feathers placement with your penetrative shots.
- do not overcap your passive.
When using an ability you get 3 feathers you to a maximum of 5. So what you're gonna do is to activate Q then auto attack 1 time before activating W. So you're at 5 feathers which you should throw at your enemies before using ult/E.
- Camp her before she hit lvl 6. She has literally no escape and is an easy kill if she didn't pay attention.
- Increase your APM (Actions per minute)The more movement commands you give to your champ the harder is it for xayah to predict your path. Try to sidestep everything and give her a unsure feeling about landing her E.
- Avoid standing in a line so you won't get hit by so much AoE damage.
- she's Weak 1v1. Draven lucian Vayne should be always able to kill her.
- flash feathers when xayah is about to use e.
- Play Vayne/Twitch. When youre invisible Xayah cant hit her feathers reliable.
- Play caitlyn. Caitlyn out range xayah hard what makes most of trades lost. also she can zone back xayah with her w. Cait is one of the hardest matchups for xayah.
If you're against good enemies they know how to play around the feathers and you might be not that useful than versus weaker players but that's OK.
She's still strong even if the 525 range + no escape tool makes it hard not to die in lategame.
If you wanna see more of my league content or xayah clips check out my channel
or check out my latest video
leave a like or comment if you enjoyed it!