This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page
Jinx Kites to Victory!
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
Threats & Synergies
How bad Lucian counter Jinx is quite terrible. His abilites can go through minions while yours cant. and he double shots you on top of that every time he uses them, if you are in range.
I've seen a few people say that Kog'Maw Counters Jinx, however Jinx's passive counters Kog'Maw's pretty well. Jinx also has a snare and slow, and Kog'Maw doesnt have one ability to escape sure death aside from a well timed flash. Since most of his attacks are skill shots, a Kiting Jinx is hard to hit.
Caitlyn's Ult really hurts Jinx. with it being an auto-aim, its almost a guaranteed kill unless your support can take the hit for you. Cait's traps are annoying, and if you get caught in one at the wrong time it could cost you. She also has a good poke.
Ashe pokes REALLY hard. with Ashe's Q slow, the only way to get away safely is your flame chompers. using your Zap! may not save you, since it's delay is so long. Hopefully your support has a snare or stun ready for Ashe.
Draven is a pretty even match. Honestly i dont know too much about him, so I will have to play him to see.
Miss fortune can put a nice bruise into your ego. early game, she pulls ahead stacking her damage using her W's passive, only to activate it giving her attack speed on top of that. throw in an aoe slow, topping it off with her Ult. she can get you down real quick if you arent careful.
In this Guide, i will make sure you have all the needed info you need to make sure you dominate the first time playing her. hopefully. x)
Offensive Tree Notes:
- Run with Attack Speed instead of CoolDown Reduction. Jinx's 2 main strengths are Attack Speed, and Critical Chance.
- The 2nd column is geared towards Physical Damage, while the 3rd column is geared towards Magic Damage. stay away from the 3rd column with Jinx. 3/4 of her abilities scale with her attack damage. Ability power will not help you in any way.
- max out scaling attack damage, Brute Force, but skip the +4 attack damage. It is better to save that point to max out Devastating Strikes to give you an additional 2% armor/magic penetration. That 4 attack Damage does do better in the beginning, but once you get your BF sword, that skill becomes almost unnoticeable. the extra 2% will carry you much more overall.
- Frenzy synergizes great with Jinx. She needs attack speed, as much as she can get, and being big on critical chance, you'll almost always keep +15% (3 stacks) since the beginning of the game, coupled with 9 Tier 3 Marks and 3 Tier 3 Quintessences of Critical Chance, giving you a total of 13.5% crit chance at the start of game. And let me not forget to mention that Frenzy lets you attack faster with your Rockets. With it's added range and faster attack speed with this, it will help you Kite better and from further away.
- Executioner is also another great skill for Jinx. Her Ultimate, Super Mega Death Rocket scales mainly on your target's amount of missing health. Having an extra 5% damage on top of that comes in handy.
- Dangerous Game skill, comes in handy mainly for the 5% back on missing health. when it comes to jinx, she almost never runs out of mana except for the first 10 minutes of the game where poking and trapping exhaust her fairly quickly. With your extra health from Defensive tree and Frozen Mallet, that 5% comes in real handy when kiting the enemy team down 1 by 1 if it ever comes to you being last man alive from a team fight.
Defensive Tree Notes:
- 5% armor and magic resist doesnt do TOO much since Jinx really lacks in those, but it does help.
- The 5 points in Health stats. Regen is great to have while laning. flat health and a health increase of 3% goes real well with this build especially since you will be running Frozen Mallet which will give you an extra 21 hp. doesnt sound like alot, but no mastery is meant to be game changing. if you may, compare it to 2 points in flat health which give you 24 hp. this isnt even including the 3% health bonus you get from your basic health.
x9 Marks of Critical Chance. If you have been reading, Jinx's main strengths are attack speed, and critical chance. since you also have Frenzy mastery, this critical chance give you some attack speed as well. while it is unreliable as you never know when crit chance will or will not happen, it really is a wonderful thing to happen so early in the game. and if you get 2 crits in a row.. thats pretty deadly. But to just have one is still really great.
x3 Quintessences of Critical Change. Some more crit chance. giving you a total of 13.95% including your marks. with Infinity Edge and Phantom Dancer giving you 55% crit chance. you now have 68.95%, which means you could crit chance 3 times in a row quite often. with Infinity Edge's passive making your crits 250% of your AD, it only makes those crits hit harder and more often.
x9 Seals of Armor. Pretty Standard. Armor is a primary statistic for Seal. This gives you a little just a tad bit more laning survivability. this is essential to have since you will be going against another AD carry.
x9 Glyphs of Magic Resist. Pretty Standard as well. Magic Resist is a primary statistic for Glyphs. while this wont help much against your adc opponent, it will against the enemy's support or jungler when he tries to gank you.