This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page
Leona - The Iron Sunshine
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
Feel free to test it, rate it and comment.
Ps. This is somehow a "standard" tank rotation - what did you expected, silly?
At the moment build is in a "raw" form, way I'm using Leona in games. Optional setups etc. will came later.
- Leona is very good initiator - Zenith Blade combined with Shield of daybreak and "blwoing out" Eclipse can do some harm and bring some chaos into enemy lines
- Chasing queen - same thing we use for initiation can be used very well to chase someone
- Stuns, next hit stun, aoe stun, stuns all the time!
- Leona is tragic farmer. She is like a melee version of Zilean
- Low basic armor/magic resistance leaving her a little behind other tanks for most of the time (Eclipse however pumps us up!)
- No damage. At early game you can hope to get a kill or two with QWE+R combo (if target was beated already) on late game just count assists. But hey, you're a tank man!
- Require good skill and timing to get the best of her
Nothing more to say in here - the most standard "tanking" runes, nothing much more to add.
You can try and swap "flat" HP runes into per level one's, if you feel like you dont need that much extra hp at start.
Why? One point in improved Exhaust in offensive tree will help us to shut down those enemy carries or to catch those running bastards.
21 points in defensive tree are kinda obvious, same goes for 8 points in utility (we want better ghost, we want some very small extra mana)
Ghost to ensure that we will hit with Zenith Blade or just to get into teamfight faster.
Exhaust to shut down carries etc.
After we have boots, it is time to decide - if the enemy team is more AD oriented, first goes Sunfire Aegis. If it's AP oriented Force of Nature is what we want. If team is balanced, proceed with FoN then Sunfire route.
Our next item to build will be Frozen Hearth, so we get both the armor and CDR. Then Banshees and whatever is needed.
Our last items might be Thornmai or Guardians Angel for example. Just see what is needed and do it!