Build Guide by Diesel
This build has been archived and is for historical display only.
PLEASE NOTE: This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
Master Yi Build
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
[EDITED DESCRIPTION SINCE IT WAS UNDER 5K CHARACTERS.] - 12/29/10
- Edited Opening Statement.
- Specified certain items to give more information.
Master Yi has always been an upstanding character in the LoL universe, for one being one of the original characters in League of Legends, but for being one of the original hard Melee Carries of the League. Since time has changed, the main state of the game will change as well. With this guide, Master Yi can still continue his hard carry ways, but at a cost-effective, early to mid game standard that will allow you multiple kills and fast AD stacking to make you a force to be reckoned with. Remember that team composition is just as important as individual skill, so when playing Master Yi: make sure you have teammates who can benefit from your abilities, but will also have the capabilities to bail you out of certain situations. Your teammates need to synergize with you so you can carry them and return the favor. Now go out there and Wuju!
Tips for Yi:
- Early game, if you don't have too many Ranged Harassers in your lane, use your Wuju Stlye to really hurt people early game. You'll be MAXing Wuju first since having Level 5 gives a +35ATK and +70ATK when Activated.
- Since Double Strike is on every 7th hit and not a random strike: use it to your advantage, Alpha Strike to enemies and double up with the double hit and watch their HP dwindle.
- LAST HIT. Master Yi is very item-dependent and needs as many creep kills and jungle minions to build his items and become your team's hard carry.
- Try not to be the initiator in team fights, you will be pretty squishy in this build, so try to finish off champs and gather 1v1 fights so get yourself fed and farmed properly.
- Use your Highlander Ultimate to ruin turrets in mid-late game, with a couple minions tanking the turret, you can easily take at least 1/3 of a turret with Wuju activated and some Attack Items on you.
- /- Berzerker's Greaves definitely help out with early game Attack Speed before stacking more later in the game, with the HP potion for some extra survivability during the early game phases.
- - Wriggle's is a great item for the Life Steal, the Armor and Attack, but also the free ward you can place every three minutes. With all it gives you, it certainly is one of League of Legends' most cost-effective items. Great for covering gank points and warding Dragon/Baron in late game phases.
- /- Getting Bloodthrister and Fervor along with Wriggle's gives you a total of 60% Life Steal, along with the Bloodthrister giving you an extra +100ATK when fully stacked. These two items will most certainly make you a driving force on your team.
- - Infinity Edge is always needed on a Melee DPS Champ. If you're having a good game, I suggest getting this sooner since the earlier you invest in this item, the better your chances will be in taking out multiple enemies at once during team fights.
Runes & Spells:
- - ArPen runes are essential for Yi for you to do good damage throughout the game. Since you don't get a Last Whisper in this build, these Marks are absolutely needed.
- - ATKSPD Runes are strictly for the early game so you can get the extra hits in faster: a good early game is a good Yi game, he needs to be farmed and fed to be viable, so use your near 100ATK early game and these runes to get the early kills.
- - I like having the Flat MP for early game harass of Alpha Strike since it can be a mana hog in early levels. These could be easily switched out with Cooldown Runes and be just as good.
- - Master Yi is a squishy champ, you're gonna need all the HP you can get.
- - Exhuast is HUGE for Yi in 1v1 fights, this will guarantee you an advantage against Melee Champs and keep enemy champs from escaping.
- - Flash is great two ways for the same reason: It can get you to someone quickly, and it can get you away from someone quickly.