Vayne Build Guide by pandorelol
[PRE-SEASON] EUW Grandmaster rank 1 Vayne guideBy pandorelol | Updated on December 17, 2020
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
+10% Attack Speed
+9 Adaptive (5.4 AD or 9 AP)
Ability Order Leveling
Threats & Synergies
Mages are usually a pain botlane, but Swain is even worse as his base hp are quite insane, his 1 item spike is stunning and you won't be able to 1v1 him ever. If hits his claw you'll just get bursted with no counterplay since his dps range is higher than yours. Cleansing his cc won't cleanse his ability to pull you to him. Zhonya costs 2500 gold now, and it destroys your ult engages. Avoid at all costs.
Reveals your invisibility, Spikes faster than you on the same items, Better push, Better teamfight, Can do objectives faster, scales better. If you want to get out of this, focus on not dying and keeping up on farm, pray for good teamfights.
If you think ennemy has Heimer botlane, dodge. There's nothing else to it. Ask for laneswap, don't play against this guy with vayne.
If you see this with an ignite going botlane, nothing can help you. From experience, you can be 5/0 and she WILL 3-shot you. Roam.
Like Draven, his early is just not manageable, and his teamfighting is all around better. avoid fighting him unless you have flash or QSS, farm up.
As double your range and damage, do not fight him in any way, buying doran's shield+doran's blade+null-magic mantle is your best bet before building normally.
Unplayable nightmare. Try to farm, or at least get xp as much as possible and keep all your summoner up for level 6, where your first engage window opens. Do not fight before, you'll lose due to her glacial augment + approach velocity. Can be won if jungler decides to play for you. Do EVERYTHING you can to avoid dying in this match up.
Unplayable nightmare. All I can suggest is to try pushing faster than her and roam, but that won't happen, so try to just not die and wait your jungler
Forces you to start Doran Shield, does not let you approach creeps, can solo kill you in the first 15 minutes of the games, scales way too well in teamfights. Play side lanes and avoid said teamfights.
Surviving the early game is the hardest part. Being 20 cs behind at 10 minutes is normal. Just be extremly patient for your jungler gank, and do not let him cash his passive out. If you manage to get core item before him, you'll be able to enlarge the gap between you as he falls off really fast.
Pure skill matchup favoring Jhin. Difference is if he's behind he can comeback and be relevant, you can't.
Only reason it's not extreme is due to her bad state in the meta right now. Avoid picking Vayne into Xayah if possible.
Do not underestimate Twitch. He scales better than you. Start Doran shield, don't move on the map alone.
Depends entirely on the player level, can 1v9 a game with ults, and ruin your teamfight tempo.
More range than you, more damage, more movespeed, heavy cc. Time her cd and go ham when she's out of them. Avoid getting poked, play outside her range and focus cs.
Painful laning phase. Skill match up, start Doran's shield and whoever farms/gets kills first will get ahead for almost the entire game. Focus on your csing !
Lane bully. bad scaling
Really annoying support, can zone you off waves, has more range than you, poke you, cancel back, makes your life a misery, but really weak to hard cc. Do not focus/chase her.
Can get troublesome if ahead, but as long as you play behind your cs in laning phase, shouldn't be too much of a hassle. He has the same auto attack range but needs to hit skillshots, not you.
Just be careful with lvl 1 to 4, from then on you already outscale her. Really weak to hard engage, try to bait her Net and go all in on her when you think it's on cd.
Your Tumble cd = 2 seconds Blitz hook = 20 seconds Play behind your wave, if he runs at you, jungler might just be there. Dying to blitz is usually simple positionning mistakes.
Until Aphelios gets buffed, you can just run him down
Easy to lane against. Be warry of ennemy jungle position and you shouldn't have much problem. Picking doran shield if not confident is a good option, as she has lot of poke.
Extremly bad laner, and that's all we're asking as vayne
Skill match up, be aware of his positionning in lane so you don't get poked down by his Q. The first to get Kraken usually will win the game, as it will deepen the scaling difference between the 2. Do not fight him alone.
Basically food. his Q and Ult are really easy to dodge, his wall does nothing to your kit, low range, buffy melee. All we wanT !
Attack speed based builds synergise heavily with pixie. Lulu can possibly give even more attack speed.
Better peel than lulu with less damage and better lane pressure
Gives all the necessary frontlining/cc and engage you need
cc, strong in the meta, abuses new items really well, heal and excellent peel, what else.
This demands your thresh to be quite skilled, but can be devastating. Lantern is one of the most broken repositionning tool in the game.
All around complete kit with high mobility high damage, just like vayne, can obliterate ennemies past 6
Just like Nautilus, slightly less powerful as you have to commit yourself more, with less cc
Awesome frontlane+engage, gives you time to reposition yourself to condemn and chain cc, but really bad in the metae
Overall bad support, potentially high kill pressure
She can carry your early game, but can't peel you at all.
Rakan is overall a good pick with decent laning phase, but if he dashes on you invisible he can give you away, and he usually will engage and leave you alone in the backline, careful.
Good in the meta, excellent engage, can drag ennemy attention while you dps
High potential, skill reliant
You don't want a weak laner with vayne, even if your late with this guy is monstruous, just not in this meta
Champion Build Guide
||Hello and welcome to my Vayne Build Guide, I'm Pandore, peak 650 LP Grandmaster season 2020 on EU West server, adc main for now 4 seasons, playing the game since season 1 and as you guessed it, a huge vayne addict. I started streaming a year ago and a lot of people have been asking for coaching, so I decided that I'll instead write a guide so everyone can profit from the knowledge I acquired during all this years and particularly in the pre-season ! I stream in french but will answer any question you have in english so feel free to ask !|
+ Great solo carry potential|
+ Extremly good scaling
+ Tank melter
+ High skill, high reward
- Hard to play, hard to master|
- Relies on reflex and positionning more than other adcs
- Mistakes are severly punished, squishy
- Easily abused early game
- Weak to high ranged mages and heavy crowd control
- Extremly bad blindpick
Triumph can be a second choice. I personnaly don't like it, but it does serve its purpose of surviving ignites !
Presence of Mind is just straight up bad
There's something that everyone needs to understand is that you won't be able to get the champion full potential out in a few tryouts. It might get frustrating, hard to perform, bad scores/games one after the other, but take each game as a step to improvement, do not focus on your immediate result, as you're definitely improving just by playing ! Vayne need quite a lot of games to really get around the champion and realise it's potential.
First things first, we need to clear the basics.
- Night Hunter is not to be underestimated in laning phase and extended trades, because even if Vayne doesn't have many match ups, if by chance you manage to get the upper hand in a trade, this ability alone can force the ennemy to flash as they can't escape just by running due to the movement speed difference.
- Night Hunter works in quite a big angle in front of you. Even if you're not running straight to an ennemy, you can still proc the bonus movement speed, good to note when both botlanes need to move river to help a fight, it can give you an edge
TARGET RANGE: 300
CAST TIME: NONE
COST: 30 mana
COOLDOWN: 4 / 3.5 / 3 / 2.5 / 2
This is what our entire champion revolves around. This ability alone defines our gampeplay. Here is what you need to know about this ability
- It is an auto attack reset, that means that you can attack faster when you use this skill at the right moment/frame/just after an auto attack. This helps tremoundously to proc Press the Attack and surprise the ennemy with burst damage.
- It is an excellent engage/dodge tool, you can really abuse its low cd and scratch ennemy hp here and there
- The animation of the skill is lowered if you do it against a wall, and even faster if you do it backwards or sideways against a wall ! Try it in practice tool to get used to it and the feel of the autos, understand what is going on and how the animation cancel works.
- The hitbox of your champion gets bigger during your vault until the animation is over, don't be surprised if sometimes some skills look like they're not in but you still get it !
- As a general visual aid, Silver Bolts last slightly less than Press the Attack marks. 3.5 seconds is way longer than it looks like, gives you lot of spacing. Abuse this by faking out disengages when ennemy has at least one stack, to try and turn for auto + auto reset with Q for maximum damage.
- Silver Bolts doesn't spread on all targets with hurricane, but does not reset either, it will only apply to the target you are attacking.
- Every third guinsoo attack gives you 2 Silver Bolts stacks instead of 1, you can use this to surprise the ennemy by autoing minions, wards or even plants to stack it preemptively.
- Lastly, Silver Bolts procs omnivamp, which makes Ravenous Hunter and Ravenous Hydra EXTREMLY good sustain choices.
- It is important to know that your Condemn adds a stack, so you can do fast combos where you auto two time a minion. hold onto the Guinsoo's Rageblade+ Kraken Slayer proc, auto an ennemy once and condemn him for instant heavy burst damage.
- Your Condemn can also be cast just before a Flash to change the direction towards which the target will be pushed. It is a bit hard to get used to it but will serve its purpose. Can be used to guarantee a stun against a wall
Final Hour (R)
CAST TIME: None
COST: 80 Mana[/size]
COOLDOWN: 100 / 85 / 70[/size]
Last but not least, your playmaking tool above all else ! This is what you'll use to deceive ennemies more than anything. Here's a few tips.
- The movespeed bonus value of your Final Hour is just has important has the bonus damage, keep it in mind early game when you're chasing someone off that was greeding your tower plates and hasn't back yet. An ennemy without flash cannot escape Vayne's grasp under Final Hour.
- It's duration is longer than it seems, you can easily get 3 to 4 invisibility in 1 Final Hour with your Tumble. Now what's left is to use those invisiblities to your advantage.
- DO NOT AUTO RIGHT AFTER Tumble UNDER ULTIMATE UNLESS YOU'RE CERTAIN THERE'S NO DEATH THREAT, and I can't stress this enough. Stay as LONG as possible invisible, either to gain distance on ennemy, to reposition yourself, to be able to condemn and stun the ennemy, to dodge a skillshot, to avoid point and click damages and much more. Your imagination is the limit.
Thank you for reading and good luck in the rift !