This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page
[S4] Glass Cannon Jinx
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
I've been playing Jinx like this for as long as I can remember since buying her. It revolves around an item that if playing Jinx you should get mid to late game known as Runaan's Hurricane.
Although not many Jinx players currently buy Hurricane, it should be noted that as Jinx, the rocket's splash damage does go on the Hurricane bolts, and that means that if there are three targets stacked, they all take maximum splash damage. Seeing as Jinx's rockets can crit, that's even more splash damage done to all three targets (and any target caught in the crossfire). This is good for standing at maximum range and still getting in plenty of damage so you don't get caught by the enemy assassins or bruisers. Without further ado, Here's the build!
- This build is really good for doing consistent damage all game. The early game damage is enough to make you a formidable lane opponent, as well as the critical strike to help you once you have at least your IE and can do everything you want.
- This build works extremely well with supports that have abilities that change or increase auto attack damage. Nami's Tidecaller's Blessing is one example of this, but Leona's sunlight proc also works. Fishbone's attack's splash detonates sunlight procs in an AOE radius, so it's good for taking out minion waves when farming with a Leona.
- Due to it's agressive nature, you may be constantly pushed up without an equalizer champion on the enemy team (Caitlyn is really good at keeping the bot lane consistently in the middle of lane). This leaves you open to ganks from the enemy jungler or a roaming mid lane.
- Some of your kills will rely on Super Mega Death Rocket to get, and if you can't aim that skillshot, you may have a lacking gold income. See if you can get some friends to help you practice the ultimate if you're gonna try doing it.
- This also makes you a high priority target because an unsuspecting Jinx will go down quickly. Don't use your flame chompers for pure harass purpose. Only do it when you need to assure a kill or are trying to escape!
This build will ruin an unsuspecting team's day, and it's really nice for picking up kills (I once even got three pentakills in one game as her!).
Many Jinx's right now don't know of the awesome power of Runaan's Rockets. Try this out in a bot game or blind pick to try out Runaan's and to get the hang of it.
Be safe and remember to be courteous to the enemy team. Don't kick them while they're down and we'll all make the league community a place where everyone doesn't hate everyone else.
Stay true to the Summoner's Code, and I'll see you next time.