This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page
Sejuani - Jungling Freezing Tank
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
Sejuani is a tank support, who can also work as a jungler and pull off very agressive ganks. Sejuani's most important trait is her CC, with her ult , her passive and her E , she can stop any gank or chase and slow any opponent that tries to run away.
When Sejuani was born, the mystics of her tribe foretold that she would be the one to unite and lead the divided territories of Freljord. Her people had suffered for centuries, as a losing war on the frozen tundra pushed them farther and farther from Freljord's limited food supplies. Sejuani grew up surrounded by this misery, and it fueled her desire to fulfill her destiny. She pushed herself to extremes, walking out into blizzards without food or furs and training while frigid winds raked her flesh. She sparred with the strongest warriors of her tribe, one after another, until her legs would give out beneath her. She sustained injuries that would have killed any other member of the tribe, but she would only rise again, driven by sheer force of will and what her tribe took to calling her "heart of the blizzard."
On her twentieth birthday, Sejuani declared that she would lead her people out of their remote isolation to conquer the lands of their enemies. She had completed her training and she was ready to face the leaders of the opposing tribes. Her feats had already become legend and soldiers in her company were inspired to new heights of strength and resolve. However, before she struck out on her campaign, Ashe began campaigning for peace in Freljord, joining the League of Legends to demonstrate how the people could be spared violence. To Sejuani, this was a violation of tradition – a coward’s ruse to hoard Freljord's precious few resources. She saw the confidence of her people wane as it seemed they would never be delivered from their plight. She decided that to truly prove herself as the rightful ruler of Freljord, she must defeat Ashe completely and unquestionably on the world’s stage in the League of Legends.
"Freljord provides for the few. For the others, 'peace' means only death."
-Q Arctic Assault . A medium range dash that allows you to go through most walls and applies frost to any enemy hit, it stops at colliding with an enemy champion or at the end of its range. As said before, Sejuani has a great chasing and ganking capability, with this ability you can come out of nowhere unexpected or catch up to enemies. Also, its great to run away due to a fairly low cooldown with frozen heart
-W Northern winds . Creates a small AoE around Sejuani damaging all enemies around her for a small amount per second. This damage increases by 50% if the enemy has frost. It increases with AP and Health, thats why having some health can be very handy. A low damage output unless the enemy has frost, but good at clearing waves and/or camps.
-E Permafrost . You can only use this ability when a enemy has frost. This will be your main damage output. And also increases the slow to up to 70%. As I said before, great CC champ. Combine this with arctic assault and northern winds to deal a good amount of damage.
-R Glacial Prison Sends a medium range skillshot that explodes when colliding with an enemy champion or at the end of its range. Stunning the hit champion for 2 seconds and all the other enemies in the range of explosion by 1 sec. This skill is great in team fights, since you will be at the center of battle, a team stun is almost garanteed. Also use it when a enemy champion is about to run away or to even save someone from dying. You may also use it to initiate a battle.
- Shurelya's Reverie. Good mana and health regen. Plus the movement speed boost can be very handy at escaping. Take it will help you when you don't have ghost.
- Frozen heart Great armor and it gives you mana. You need the cooldown reduction and the attack speed reduction aura comes in handy during teamfights.
-Boots Pick the one that you need the most. If the enemy team is mainly AP take mercury treads. Take Ninja tabis if they have more AD. Or if you are being shutdown by a enemy champion counter him with the respective boots.
-Aegis of the Legion Great armor magic resist bonus and health. The aura will help your squishy teammates. Fairly low cost so great early game item.
- Abyssal Scepter . Take this for the AP and magic resist. And the magic penetration is great for your AP carry and for you too.
- Rylai's Crystal Scepter The additional slow will work great with your W northern winds. And it gives you Health and AP, which both helps your W Norhtern Winds.
- Zhonya's hourglass Gives you a lot of AP and decent armor. Take this if youre having problems with physical damage. And the passive helps you a lot when initiating a team fight with arctic assault.
-Banshee's Veil The passive comes very handy. And all the stats are good for you take this instead of abbyssal sceptre if youre having problems with CC.
- Rod of Ages All the stats are good for you. But I you will have to wait tem minutes to max it.
- Flash It will help you to escape when your q is in cooldown or you are out of mana. Can be combined with your q to make you unreachable
- Ghost As we all know tanks arent the fastest and you have a lot of CC, so getting to an enemy faster and apllying your CC can mean a free kill
- Heal As said before Sejuani has no sustain whatsoever. So having heal can be a great surprise tactic or you can help your teammates survive a deadly blow. And overall a fight changer during team fights.
- Teleport telleport Pretty useful. You might need to get to a place faster. But I prefer ghost due to the fact that it has to channel and doesn't have much use once you are in the battlefield. Only take this if you are a solo lane for some strange reason.
- Ignite Can help you to wear down opponents faster or finish off the ones that are escaping.
- Exhaust You got more than enough CC to need this.
Frost (Innate): Sejuani's basic attacks apply Frost, reducing enemy Movement Speed by 10% for 3 seconds.
Arctic Assault: Sejuani charges forward to deal magic damage and apply Frost to enemies. Sejuani stops upon colliding with an enemy champion.
Northern Winds: Sejuani summons an arctic storm around her which deals magic damage to nearby enemies every second. Damage is increased against enemies affected by Frost or Permafrost.
Permafrost: Sejuani converts Frost on nearby enemies to Permafrost, dealing magic damage and increasing the Movement Speed reduction dramatically.
Glacial Prison (Ultimate): Sejuani throws her weapon, stunning the first enemy champion hit. Nearby enemies are stunned for a shorter duration. All targets take magic damage and are affected by Frost.