Jhin Build Guide by Mephiix Unleashed
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
+9 Adaptive (5.4 AD or 9 AP)
+9 Adaptive (5.4 AD or 9 AP)
Threats & Synergies
Skill based matchup, Lane should go smoothly unless you walk into her attack range, try to poke her down with your 4th Auto attack or with Q, as long as you are ahead in gold she is gonna have a hard time against you, avoid getting hit by W since she might use her ultimate to get close and burst you down, also consider takin exhaust against her.
Famous Jhin vs Ashe matchup, Ashe will hate laning against you, everytime she hides behind minions you can Q on the wave to poke her down, try to catch her with your snare (W) and she might find herself in rly bad spot, also taking cleanse is pretty effective against her as she will never be able to kill you, in lane avoid getting run down with her slow when her Lethal tempo kicks in, best way to play this matchup is to punish her everytime you have your fourth shot up.
Rly good ezreal players can punish you a lot by playing safe, farming up and scaling for their 3 item powerspike, they will always build gauntlent which you will hate, but the lane is in your favor, you can play agressive, avoid getting hit by Q's, punish with your fourth shot, also if you get ahead you should be able to get a lot of plates and play with your team all over the map while he is still farming.
Skill based matchup, avoid fighting him when his White/red weapon combination is up, you can outtrade him as soon as his range weapon is out (green one). Aphelios has a decent lane, is strong in mid game and super strong in late game, he has 1 weakness tho and that is lack of mobility. If you can catch him with your snare, follow up with your ultimate and he should be in a rly bad spot
This matchup can be pretty hard, although rly good Jhin players like this matchup, reason is because you can outtrade her at certain points in lane, avoid running into her when she has her headshot(passive) up, be careful when she reaches 3 items, then she becomes deadly, your team + snare(W) is your best friend, once you CC her, open your ult and take her down! And yes, Doran's shield is rly effective against her
Twitch struggles in lane so it's fairly easy to face him, you outrange him, can win almost every trade, specially when your fourth shot is up, make sure you are not standing in his poison cloud(W) while laning. Twitch only becomes a problem when he gets fed, be careful when he gets Infinity edge that's his biggest powerspike, also try to close the game before he hits 4,5 items, otherwise it becomes rly hard to fight him
Easy matchup, make sure you play agressive, you are way stronger in lane, punish her when she is trying to farm,in fights try to tag her with your Rapid Firecannon, also if she is running towards you with half hp make sure you have your fourth shot ready to delete her, only way Vayne becomes deadly is if she gets her Blade of the ruined King early, otherwise she shouldn't be a threat until she reaches atleast 2 items
Zyra is not the best support in current meta, but with Jhin, o its beautiful, everytime her plant does an Auto attack on a champion, your snare (W) can be procced, in lane, if she lands an root on enemy support or adc, follow up with a snare and its mostly guaranted kill. on lvl 6 you should look for engage and play agressive, when you have your ultimates up, nothing survives burst combo of Jhin Zyra.
Pantheon is high opressive support who likes to jump and kill enemies on lvl early levels, he is a lane bully, rly good with jhin. Best way to play with pantheon is to snare(W) your enemy whenever he stuns him with his stun, resulting in a chain cc, you should look for kill opportunities everytime pantheon has ignite up and decides to jump on enemy adc/supp.
Decent support for a Jhin, she will look to poke with her W, if she lands a big tornado (Q) on an enemy, look to snare(W) the target and walk up for potential trade or a possible kill, her shield will keep trades in your favor and on lvl 6 you should feel pretty safe playing in a more agressive style.
Not the best support for Jhin as he will likely look to roam a lot, leaving you alone in the lane. In early levels look to chain your snare(W) if he stuns a target with his Q, walk up for potential trades, also in mid/late game keep an eye for his ultimate as he will try to catch some1 offguard, you can open up with your ultimate second after his ultimate lands, resulting in rly tough spot for the enemy,
Karma is rly good support for Jhin, she is a lane bully which is exactly what Jhin needs, look to trade whenever your Karma goes for Q.When she goes to link(W) her opponent, walk up and be patient, when her CC lands, follow up with your snare(W) and burst down the enemy, later on her shields(E) will come in very handy
His tankiness and Crowd control ability is what makes him shine, be careful lvl 1 as he is a bit useless, but when he has his Q+W combo up be ready to go in, everytime he Combo'es someone, make sure you follow up with your snare(W) as he will stun him after the snare is over, resulting in a kill.Also if you get poked in lane his passive will help you stay a bit longer before you recall. Later on in teamfights he will tank enemy frontline or flank enemy backline
Leona likes to play agressive, that's Jhin's style. When she looks to engage on an enemy, use your snare(W) when she stuns enemy, Her dmg combined with yours will result in a very big chunk maybe even a kill, you both spike hard on lvl 3, use it! On lvl 6 you can look to all in again. If you get an advantage, make sure you have entrance and river warded, then look to snowball your lead with more agressive playstyle on enemy botlane. Leona is also rly good at diving, so if enemy botlane is low, call your Jungler and dive them under tower, this will totally ruin their plans
Champion Build Guide
I decided to get back to League community, help new players understand AD role and provide advanced players with some new information, tips and tricks certain ADC champions bring.
You all know those shiny guides with a lot of text, lots of useful and maybe not so useful information, tons of colors and pretty images, well this ain't guide like that.
My guide is where I put my mind/game knowledge on the paper, will try to show you how I approach the game, how I think and what is my perspective towards the game, I believe this will improve your gameplay more and get your LP faster.
This is where you will find my twitch channel,I usually stream everday, mostly in the late/evening hours GMT time, come say hi!
|Another very good summoner spell for Jhin, since you wanna keep your distance, most of the time you don't wanna take Exhaust as some other ADCarries do.Use this when you or your ally is in danger, comes in very handy in fighting 2v2 botlane.|
Another option but as Jhin you want to keep your range so Exhaust doesn't bring the most value, although you should deffinetly consider taking it against champions like Kai'Sa or Tristana because they will always look to jump on you and burst you down.
It's also rly good against multiple assassins like Talon or Zed so you should definitely take it if you think enemy team will oneshot you as soon as you leave your turret in mid/late game.
|Consider taking this in hard cc lanes when enemy has champions like Ashe, Leona.|
- In early game you will mostly be farming in lane, here is what you should do:
Your lvl 1 is quite strong, if paired up with champions like Pyke, Bard look for trades and potential all in if enemy makes a wrong move.
- lvl 3 is a big spike for you since you get 2 points in your Dancing Grenade, look to play aggressive if possible
- farm effectively!! Use your Auto attacks to farm CS then ready up your fourth shot and leave it hanging until enemy walks up for CS to punish them, use your Q on minions if needed!
- Don't miss unnecessary farm, jhin requires items to dominate the game!
- Your biggest trade combo is using your Dancing Grenade following up with a nice fourth shot in the enemy face, that will chunk their HP bar pretty hard
- Always remember you run Fleet Footwork in runes which means when you make an auto attack while cooldown is up, you get a tiny movement speed buff which you can use to close gap and make a fast trade with AA + Q before enemy realizes what happened
- Remember to use your Deadly Flourish when your support goes for a trade, specially when he crowd controls enemy adc/supp, it might result in a super good trade or even a kill!
- If you are about to hit lvl 6, or if your ultimate's cooldown is coming up, look for trade to get enemy at or below half HP bar, then walk backwards, pop your Curtain Call and make them dance!
- Good usage of your Captive Audience is by placing them close to the walls since you don't want enemy minions to walk over them, they also provide slight vision over the area!
- Tip: If your upper bush ward or tribush ward expires, you can place your trap there, it provides slight vision over the area and if enemy jungle steps over it, you will know, it's not effective as a ward,but hey! It's something, it could save your life
- Tip2 Counting to 4 is all you need with Jhin, you see those 2 or 3 minions standing in front of enemy ADcarry? Throw a grenade on them and it will bounce on him resulting in favorable trade for you while staying safe, IF those minions are low on HP and they die during Dancing Grenade bounce, thats a huge bonus because the more stuff dies along the cast, the more dmg your Q does,everything matters,chunk can go from little to third of their HP
- Keep on farming towards your Rapid Firecannon and Infinity Edge, Jhin gets rly strong at 2, specially at 3 items.
- Never facecheck bushes by yourself, use a ward or Farsight Alteration
- Look to hit enemy while your Rapid Firecannon is up and INSTANTLY follow with your Deadly Flourish as the first hit will slow enemies for a huge amount due to your Stormrazor, this mechanic requires a bit of practice because you need fast reaction time, but once you master it, it can be very rewarding
- Play with your team, you don't wanna go wandering around alone, walk with your support to clear out vision or just to roam and catch someone offguard, it is very important that you push the wave first so you don't lose farm
- Push the wave and rotate to a jungle camp, if your jungler is on the other side of the map, feel free to take them, even better option is to take enemy raptors if possible, this can be very risky, you need to be aware if you are stepping over a ward or if that plan is just not a good one because you don't see enemy team on the minimap
- Play around objectives with your team, you see that drake coming up in a minute? Hit recall button, get items you need and run to the drake with your team, don't go alone! and yes.. bring a control ward if you can!
- Use your Captive Audience for extra vision
- Tip: Keep your eyes on the minimap, if you know where all 5 enemy champions are, it's much easier to play the game, you cannot get ambushed or surprised and can plan your next move accordingly, (taking enemy camps,crab,setting up a trap, etc..)
- This is where you shine, having 4,5 items on Jhin can be pretty deadly, make sure you have Lord Dominik's Regards / Mortal Reminder if the enemy builds armor/has tanks
- Since you have Rapid Firecannon you can always look to poke enemy with your first auto attack, just be careful who are you messing with, don't overstep your welcome
- Stay grouped if you are moving in enemy territory, you are still an squishy ADcarry, always keep an eye on your positioning
- Teamfight is about to start, what do i do? First of all, make sure you are in the backline, let the tanks and main engage go first, your job is to stay behind and hit the first target in your range, don't pop your ultimate yet, everytime you can do damage with auto-attacks, you should do it!
- Again, as an ADcarry.. positioning is everything,if you die at the start of the fight, chances are that the fight might be lost before it even started, be patient and do damage to who you can
- When do I use Curtain Call? You use it when fight starts to fall apart, enemy realizes they cannot win the fight and starts running, that's when you pop your ultimate and snipe them down, another good usage can be to trying to catch someone offguard before fight even starts, but you have to make sure you are just "helping", you cannot really engage on your own, alone.. for example.. your ultimate can help a lot when your teammate is trying to catch enemy Janna warding in the river alone