Build Guide by Crazy Smurf
This build has been archived and is for historical display only.
PLEASE NOTE: This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.
We recommend you take a look at this author's other builds.
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
Twisted Fate Build
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Table of Contents
Twisted Fate Hybrid Guide
II. About Twisted Fate (Pros and Cons involved)
IV. Masteries, Spells and Runes
VI. Early, Mid, Late Game
VII. Useful Tips
IX. Credits, More to Come.
Twisted Fate was the second character I bought. I just started my gameplay with Master Yi and then I thought: "Hey, this guy looks awesome! And oh damn, his main weapons are cards, so cool!". And that's how I've started creating my Fate.
At the very begginning I sticked to AP Fate, then I went for DPS, both of them were okay in a certain way, however I severely stopped using this Champion as I got Ryze, Xin and Warwick. I finally realized that I'm just not a type of a melee fighter and ryze somehow is no fun to use for me, so I got back into Twisted Fate... and here, the cycle of life and death continues.
Pros / Cons
Twisted Fate is an unique champion. The real only one of it's kind. He can be a hated DPS destroying the turrets in the matter of seconds and then running away. Thou he can become a skilled Card Thrower able to deal instant 400 damage to that "safe" tower hugger.
But have you even wondered what could happen, if you combine both DPS and AP, along with astounding Attack Speed, Cooldown Reduction and full Map Awareness? Now for the out look:
Assassin, Support, Stun, Pusher, Carry, Slow, Ranged, Flee, Teleport - This means Twisted Fate has the biggest ammount of classes amongst all champions (excluding the recommended one's).
Health 1860 at 18 - (466 + 82/level)
Mana 886 at 18 - (240 + 38/level)
Armor 70.28 at 18 - (14.18 + 3.3/level)
Magic Resist 30
Critical Chance 12.01% at 18 - (3% + 0.53%/level)
Health Per 5 Sec 15.2 at 18 - (5 + 0.6/level)
Mana Per 5 Sec 30.7 at 18 - (5.2 + 1.5/level)
- Very good in 1on1 fights
- Nice last hitter (remember that PaC and Wild Cards can not be dodged!)
- Flexible in almost ANY team
- Works just too good, if paired up with a Melee DPS/Stun Champion like Jax
- Can go both Lane or Mid
- Life Saver
- Changes the outcome, a lot of times
- Total Map Control
- Very squishy
- They usually will target for you
- Lacks some damage until byuing Guinsoo Rageblade
- A bit Item Dependant
Your Passive Ability. It's not so grandy helpful because 5 kills=10 additional gold, considering that you will gain about 90-110 minions and 10 kills you will gain a total ammount of maximum 250 gold (Wards, Potions only...).
Blue Card deals 30 / 45 / 60 / 75 / 90 (+40% of ability power) bonus damage and restores the bonus damage in mana to Twisted Fate.
Red Card deals 30 / 45 / 60 / 75 / 90 (+40% of ability power) bonus damage plus his attack damage to units around the target and slows their movement speed by 30 / 35 / 40 / 45 / 50%.
Gold Card deals half the bonus damage of Red and Blue Cards (+40% of ability power) and stuns for 1 / 1.25 / 1.5 / 1.75 / 2 seconds.
Red Cards: Remember that this skill is a small AoE! You can not only farm minions with it, but always be sure to surprise your enemy by getting a bit closer and throwing Red Card near the minions he is standing next to, he will be like "What the hell? I'll show you next time!", thus they always fell for that^^
Gold Card: I could easily tell this is your Trump Card. This 1/2 seconds can result in an easy kill or several damage (sometimes finished with Wild Cards). In the team fights, if any enemy gets too cocky and recklessly attack, ping him, stun him, watch him dying and suffering in the massive 5vs1 attack.
In addition, his attack speed is increased by 3 / 6 / 9 / 12 / 15% and his cooldowns are decreased by 3 / 6 / 9 / 12 / 15%.
While Destiny is active, Twisted Fate can teleport anywhere on the map.[/center
Masteries, Spells and Runes
For Masteries I go 9/21/0. Let's stop there, what the hell, 9/21/0 on Fate? But where is his Cooldown Reduction, his awesomeness with Mana Regen?!
Quoting Kisuke Urahara: "The Answer is here" - and this answer is Nashor's Tooth, your first core item!
But coming back to Masteries: I take standard Caster Masteries in Offense giving me 15 % Spell Penetration and 3 % of CD Reduction (Not usable later, but it's necessary for that precious penetration).
Now about the Defensive Masteries. I find them way more flexible in Fate rather than Utility one's. Thanks to them I'm not a squisher early game and can go more offensive in 1on1 Assasinations, also I take Ardor, which grants me an additonal 4% AS and 4% of Ability Power, which later stacks greatly with Guinsoo and Sheen. So forth 0,3 % of my Max Mana will be converted into my HP Regen allowing me to stay in the lane longer. I can easily farm creeps because of my 3,5 damage reduction + 6 points to Armor and MR, as well 4% less damage taken.
For Runes I go:
- Flat HP Quints, combined with my extra 60 HP from Masteries and Hp per level Seals grants me great results in the early and mid game as pre-squisher.
- ArP Marks. Your spells will already have some penetration, nevertheless they will be boosted along with Sheen and Guinsoo, that will be way enough, and later you can gain almost 40 ArP (Quite deadly, isn't it?)
- Hp per level Seals. Idk why, but I love these seals most. Almost 190 HP at level 18 is just so great, I started using them with Vladimir, but hell then I realized it matches each single champion
- Mana Regen per 5/per level. Very good item, at level 4-5 you get better results than with Flat Mana Regen, very usable mid-late game, because you will able to focuse on abusin Gold Cards and not care that much about mana.
For Spells there are few ways to go, however having Teleport is a must for Fate.
Reveals an area of the map for 6 seconds (castable anywhere) - This spell is my personal favourite. Give you great advantage in FB, Ganks, last hitting with Wild Cards, finishing the champions near the turrets, and it is a great help to just have one Clarivoyance in your team.
Another great spells. They work a bit different, but perform almost the same role. Personally I prefer Ghost, combined with BoM may give you a quick boost to enter the battlefield (You do not want to waste your Teleports, right?!).
Cleanse > Destiny > Cya next time Sir Enemy:)
Not a bad choice, but it's a real bet, if you don't like playing against CC's, swap Clairvoyance for Cleanse.
Call me a noob for posting this, It is expected, but...
There was a game when I found it really usable. It was 5vs5 team fight, and there survived only 2 guys from the enemy team. They only had one Nexus Turret (about 300 HP) and a Nexus and they were pushing our lanes. So i went Revive-Destiny-Destroy the Turret-Destroy the Nexus. I was called a cheat, lucker etc. etc., thanks to it I've changed the outcome of the game. This spell is a real riddle, do as you please.
Again, call me a noob, but first try Destiny->Fortify->Gate->Bye Bye Enemies (GTFO of my turrets or die).
Now, we are talking, aren't we?
1.If you are an expierenced Fate Player, just take a Dagger and 1 HP Potion. if not, just stick with Doran's Blade/Ring, as you wish.
2. Keep farming until you get about 1720-2100 gold. If you have your teleports ready (Both Teleport and Destiny) buy Nashor's Tooth, if not, buy a Stinger and BoM to get there faster.
3. You should have BoM and Nashor's Tooth now and you probably got a Pickaxe for your Guinsoo, if so then keep up the good job, try to get Guinsoo until level 13-14 comes, you will need it.
4. I bet you have Guinsoo, 1 point in Wild Cards and a bit of cash in your pocket. If so, keep it up until you can the Full Sheen AT ONCE! If you will have some extra gold (475 exactly), get a Vampiric Scepter.
5. If you already got VS in point 4 you should be now able to get Bilgewater Cutlass and let's say Hextech Revoler. If you ever can get Hextech Gunblade, then let them the real fear of a hybrid.
6. At this point the game will probably end (either your team is really weak and can't beat your enemy or you're just pushing them too hard and they are going to surrender soon). ATM you should have BoM, Nashor's Tooth, Guinsoo Rageblade, Sheen and Hextech Gunblade, now go for the Phage, just to increase your DMG and Survability.
7. If the game continues get a Tri-Force, after doing so you should rape their little tiny ****** (I meant towers, you pervs >.>). Anyway, after getting Tri-Force the game should end. Your survability will now be pretty high, your DPS along with PaC will deal really serious damage to turrets and you have 40% CD Reduction, so spam your Destiny each time you have some creeps on their territory, you can destroy a tower in the matter of 10-15 seconds now or even faster.
8. If this hell continues (it shouldn't -.-) you will have few options:
a) Yomuu Ghostblade: Additional AS and Move. Speed will get your Tower Power Destroyer even higher.
b) Infity Edge: Crazy damage, if you Crit, let me count it for you:
(About 200 damage each 1,5 second + about 250 stun each 3,5 sec for 2 seconds + 400 damage from Wild Cards + Sheen boosts + Stacked Deck each 2-4 sec + about 50 % chance to Crit Strike for a 250 % (evenn 1-1,3k when everything combines in 1 attack) makes You a Number 1 Assassin.
c) Deathcap: Wanna see them falling in a straight lane with your chain attacks and Wild Cards? If so, feel free to but this one.
d) Phantom Dancer: Just get rid of them faster. More extra attacks, more crits with them.
Early, Mid, Late Game
Early Game: There is a time, when you must play a bit more defensively and simply harras your enemy with Blue Cards, it's a must for Fate to abuse Blue Cards Early game.
Whether you go Mid or Lane up with someone (See chapter below) you must be aware. Check your enemy items, spells, know their skills, observe their gameplay, if they are whether aggresive or defensive. You must be the eyes and ears of your team the whole game, remember that! As Phreak said, right at level 6 teleport back to base, hit Destiny, lock Gold Card and kill your target:)
Mid Game: With PaC on level 5 and Stacked Deck on 4 you should start dealing some serious damage, if played with head and a little distance from your enemy. NEVER GO ALONE or IN PAIR. Tf is an easy target, so unless you have an ace as Shen/Pantheon/Pantheon don't go alone or in pair. Just play almost like in early game until you get Guinsoo Rageblade, because from this point on, you will start to shine.
Late Game: With at least Nashor, BoM, Guinsoo and Sheen you should start a nice backdooring, good ganking, great Destiny Ganking and simply carrying. After getting Hextech the Turrets will fall to your might. Play smart, always use the element of surprise and to be honest, believe in your sheer luck^^
- Use Clairvoyance in order to get advantage in First Blood
- If your lane partner is someone with CC (Pantheon/Evylynn/Anivia/Sion) co-op with their slows and stuns using your Gold Card to stun runnin opponents.
- Using Destiny to reveal possible ganks is a nice way to get a kill or two
- When both of your Teleports are viable to use, use Teleport, destroy a turret and use Destiny to go near your allies
- Buy a lot of wards, you get extra cash per kill, spend it for wards and place them among the river
- Never attack first, you're a type of guys who are ought to fnish them
- Be careful, if you face such characters as Vladimir, Ryze or Yi. They can take you down quite quickly.
I hope you enjoyed this little guide. I can't say, if most of you guys will like hybrid Fate or not, it's just something that goes under your gameplay style. In hybrid you can eve go 70:30, but going 60:40 is the best choice to get on every tank and have lots of damage. Constructive comments will be appreciated, don't just thro1 +1 or -1, explain your rate, give some criticizm, maybe some good advices.
- All Fate players, for giving me good examples of gameplay and really weak build, which made up my mind to post it
- Riot, for creating such a champion
- Fate, for giving me some luck:)
If you want to share something with me about this guide, add something etc. - Feel free to post it.
More to come:
- Lane Gameplay
- Good partners
- Most difficult enemies
- Wild Card Screens