Blitzcrank Build Guide by ZedsArcade
ZedsArcade's Blitzcrank- You Hook'em your ADC sinks themBy ZedsArcade | Updated on April 4, 2019
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
+1-10% CDR (lvls 1-18)
+9 Adaptive (5.4 AD or 9 AP)
+15-90 HP (lvls 1-18)
Threats & Synergies
Sivir's E just counters Blitz's hook which makes it extremely difficult to get value out of Blitz.
Morgana can shield herself and allies with her Black Shield
Problem with Thresh is that its a popular champion and due to the tanky build commonly taken with him it does cause problems since during your Hook he can hook you in also.
With Blitzcrank you basically do her work for free with the Hook and plus she could engage to your ADC after your hook which is very dangerous.
Her ability to jump in and out of battle makes it difficult to Hook plus she can burst damage and escape fairly easily
Champion Build Guide
Thanks! and Enjoy!!
My name's ZedsArcade and I thought it would be nice to do my best to help others who are starting out on Blitzcrank to have a brief and concise starter guide on how I use him. I am by no means a Pro but I do want to help if I can :)
Hope you all enjoy it and find it useful!
Achieve good Hooks to make life for the enemy ADC as difficult as possible. This will make your ADC be in range to damage the enemy ADC whilst the enemy retreats to their safety zone. At this early stage we level up Q first followed by E and then W with ability order thereafter been Q-W-E. The E is extremely useful to keep the enemy in place for more time after a successful hook, thus allowing your ADC to deal more DPS early on and (but not crucial) possibly a take down.
Tips for early hooks (so far in my short experience at least)
- Patience, throughout Early phase Q will have extensive cooldowns as well as mana been an issue for you so just bide your time (get those Support Item procs on the minions to farm some gold for both you and your ADC whilst you're waiting for your chance to Hook).
- Keep an eye on whether the bush is warded, if it isn't it is the perfect hunting ground for you as they will have less time to see your Hooks coming.
- If the enemy support is a tanky/engage type DO NOT HOOK. This will only make life worse for your ADC. Even if it means delaying a hook, it is always worth the wait. For example.... it is much better to let a Leona use her engage than it would be for you to hook in Leona and she would still have her engage available to use again in close range to your ADC. Be Patient, im also learning this the hard way sometimes.
Towards the end of this phase, if you're winning your lane it is helpful to walk to your lane through Mid Lane to possibly provide some support there but obviously this advice is extremely situational.
- Your role will begin to prioritize roaming across Bot and Mid but been mindful of early team fights as your Q will be a valuable engage tool. The biggest price you can pay using your Q is hooking any Tank from their team and potentially lose a teamfight from that point on. I have to emphasize greatly that it is more valuable to NOT Q anyone and wait than it is to Hook in a Tank on their team.
- Your Q is also useful not just as an engage tool but also as a dis-engage tool from your ADC if the ADC is currently under attack by any close range champion so again, if you cannot Hook in their DPS provider (ADCs usually) then keep the Q available to help your ADC or any teammate during a teamfight.
- Another useful tip to know in teamfights is the fact that Blitzcrank's Q can also interrupt Channeling abilities so bear this in mind.
- Blitzcrank's R also does an area of effect Silence which if timed right could give that window of opportunity for your team to effectively win a team fight.
This champion does allow one to get really creative (as you can see from my montage video linked above).
Hope to have more updates soon and more videos uploaded on my Youtube channel.
Have a great day!