Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

I've made... A Signature

Creator: MrCuddowls September 23, 2012 7:44am
Arcana3
<Altruistic Artist>
Arcana3's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2012 12:10am | Report
I never though I would say this but you're somehow getting worst... wtf >.>

That sig is... uh... special, yeah lets say special...
Make the render uh, the normal color? like THE COLOR OF THEIR SKIN (see what I did there :3)
and maybe make the color follow around the focal point which is you're korean person or w/e he is... Idk just make it less red >.> and you're other sig you made? Yeah it got worst too... Get a new render of w/e you're doing, and make it idk.... less blurry for one... yeah there's my rant, hope you enjoy
Thanks to everyone that has made me a sig!

Lacorpse JhoiJhoi Missmaw Xiron Xiao Kat CM Nameless Tinystar Me

Feel Free to +rep if I helped you out
MrCuddowls
<Member>
MrCuddowls's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2012 1:07am | Report
Arcana3 wrote:

I never though I would say this but you're somehow getting worst... wtf >.>

That sig is... uh... special, yeah lets say special...
Make the render uh, the normal color? like THE COLOR OF THEIR SKIN (see what I did there :3)
and maybe make the color follow around the focal point which is you're korean person or w/e he is... Idk just make it less red >.> and you're other sig you made? Yeah it got worst too... Get a new render of w/e you're doing, and make it idk.... less blurry for one... yeah there's my rant, hope you enjoy

Its getting hard to duplicate the results of the first
The renders being throw at me arnt very easy to work with
the first one i actually knew what would fit
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2012 9:55am | Report
Must resist urge to comment.
MrCuddowls
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2012 12:11pm | Report

Must resist urge to comment.

please do
any criticism would help since i do want to get better at this
Minho
<Editor>
Minho's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2012 1:17pm | Report
The one you made for me is super red.. too red. You might want to try smudging upwards-right so it follows the flow of where he is looking. Also, the color of the signature affects the overall feel of it, so gradients, photo filters, etc. really make a difference (imo).
Sigs by: Xiao, Bree, Nameless, Jeffy, Jai, Hogo, Dreams, Tiny, 'Maw, & Wombo!
♫ 한국어 팝 ♫
♡ 타일러 ♡
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2012 1:37pm | Report
Nothing I can tell you that would help you. I mean my style is different, I could tell you "go more complex" but then everyone and their mother will yell at me saying that "simple can be good too" (which I agree with, but some people just go "full ******" because of their own insecurities).

But Ill give you basic general stuff:

1. Learn to render, knowing how to render an image from a BG increases the number of things you can work with. Using a site like planetrenders.net to find pre-rendered images can work but limits the amount of things you can work with.

2. Utilize the rule of 3rds. I tend to ignore it/forget to use it, but it can really help your piece look well organized/fluid. If you don't know what that is google it.

3. Experiment A LOT.
MrCuddowls
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2012 1:53pm | Report

Nothing I can tell you that would help you. I mean my style is different, I could tell you "go more complex" but then everyone and their mother will yell at me saying that "simple can be good too" (which I agree with, but some people just go "full ******" because of their own insecurities).

But Ill give you basic general stuff:

1. Learn to render, knowing how to render an image from a BG increases the number of things you can work with. Using a site like planetrenders.net to find pre-rendered images can work but limits the amount of things you can work with.

2. Utilize the rule of 3rds. I tend to ignore it/forget to use it, but it can really help your piece look well organized/fluid. If you don't know what that is google it.

3. Experiment A LOT.

The Haruhi sig i made was 20 layers so dont be afraid to say anything about complex
Anyway, ya i like to smudge to make a sig though im trying to learn other ways
Minho
<Editor>
Minho's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2012 1:58pm | Report
20 layers is nothing >_> sometimes the stuff Xiao makes is like 40 layers o_o
Sigs by: Xiao, Bree, Nameless, Jeffy, Jai, Hogo, Dreams, Tiny, 'Maw, & Wombo!
♫ 한국어 팝 ♫
♡ 타일러 ♡
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2012 2:07pm | Report
Complex meaning

^made by Magnum PI (I think) on fringefx^

Not

"Complex" because you used 20 layers.

There is a difference, people seem to have an affinity for misunderstanding me. Or are too inexperienced to understand what I mean, while 20 layers feels/looks like a lot, some pieces may take over 200 (probably more). (I've never gone above ~60) but I'm still learning.

And NO I'm not saying more layers makes it better or worse.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2012 2:25pm | Report
I remember when Jeffy lost all the "Do you think you can win" competitions I held because he was the least experienced :) Good memories. (What am I saying here? Jeffy, you're sounding like that **** Ramen, who thought he was better than everyone else. Everyone is new at something once, and there's no point shutting them down)

Cuddowls: When applying any sort of colour change over something, try lowering the opacity. There's no need to have a 100% red filter/red fractal/red layer over the top of your entire work. Try setting the opacity to something like 15-20% and see what that does for you.

Alternatively, erase parts of the layer with a low opacity brush that go over the focal point (in your previous example, the person). That way you get your deep and dark red background and your focal isn't stained red too.

Amanda has plenty of GIMP tutorials up, and I'm sure they'll help you out.

If you want to download Photoshop for the free trial, a lot of us other sig makers here have great tutorials you could try out :)

Good luck!
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by me ♡

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide