Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

MOBAVERSE Gallery

Creator: JEFFY40HANDS January 7, 2012 11:50am
4126 posts - page 371 of 413
Kadius
<Member>
Kadius's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 12, 2014 9:23pm | Report
Darealone wrote:
I need help...

My smudging/blending doesn't feel right.

Spoiler: Click to view

You're doing better then me, I don't even know how to blend/smudge hahaha
Like my post? Be sure to toss me a +Rep!

Credits to the lovely and talented Amanda for the sig, be sure to check out her workshop!
FluffyPuffy
<Member>
FluffyPuffy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 13, 2014 1:50am | Report
Here we go: (Feedback please)
Emi
<Fabulous>
Emi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 13, 2014 6:21am | Report
It looks really nice! :) The only thing I have to say is that Ahri's orb looks a little 2D compared to the rest of the picture, which looks a little more 3D. Maybe add a white-ish center like you did for the glowy spots?
Made this sig myself :)
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 13, 2014 11:25am | Report
Here we go: (Feedback please)

The Good:

- Good positioning of subject, though, it's sort of standard positioning based from the reference image.
- interesting concept.
- good, somewhat clean cut out of subject.

The Bad:

- The Typography: Specifically the smaller font is very difficult to read. I would suggest a different font altogether. If you insist on using this font, then MUCH more contrast is needed between the font coloring and the background. At the moment, it blends in way too much. (It reads as "The Nina Tailor Fox" to me)
- The green lighting is good, but honestly, the right side completely ignores the coloring of the light source. It's way too blue. I saw on the left side, you were very mindful of this, but it seems as if you had forgotten to spread the love. This can be achieved by going over the stock photo with an overlay layer or, if you're feeling brave, even a dodge layer with a green of the same tint.
- The ball light source is completely dull. There isn't enough shine in it. It just looks very uninteresting to me. Looking at the original and this, it looks as if you simply just went over it with a soft brush. What you should try doing is doing an overlay layer or colorizing the original. If you're artistic, I would recommend drawing in the design back into the ball.
- The green color choice is a tad bit too saturated imo, and it makes the energy of the picture a bit too dull. I feel it doesn't do the pose of the subject much justice. This suggestion is purely personal taste, however, but I thought of putting that out there regardless.

Overall:

It wasn't a bad attempt at all, and in fact, you accomplished quite a lot with this. I suggest just being a bit more mindful of the light source and typography choice (which was probably the biggest problems with this), but otherwise, it was relatively successful.
MrCuddowls wrote:

Hahahaha telling me my items are bad HHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAhA
Listen buddy don't judge someone's items if your only level 13
This build is Platinum approved, Thats all you need to know

FluffyPuffy
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 13, 2014 4:02pm | Report
Thanks for the feedback so far. I didn't even realize that it's way too blue on the right top, I definitely have to change it. The ball aswell, but there I realized that it's **** but I didnt want to change it yet. (But it's not only a brush xD) And fonts...I always fail them, I don't know...^^
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 13, 2014 7:19pm | Report
Thanks for the feedback so far. I didn't even realize that it's way too blue on the right top, I definitely have to change it. The ball aswell, but there I realized that it's **** but I didnt want to change it yet. (But it's not only a brush xD) And fonts...I always fail them, I don't know...^^

I'd definitely look through sites like http://www.dafont.com/ for some more font choices. Just keep in mind that San Serif typefaces are generally the best for larger titles and serif typefaces are often best used for sub headings (Like for "The Nine-tailed Fox"). Your best bet, for the most part, is to work with all San Serif, but combining the two types appropriately can get you some pretty cool results.

Additionally, not a lot of the sig makers here are too aware of (not that it's a big thing) kerning. At least from what I've seen anyways, I don't look through these sig forums too much unless someone is openly looking for critique.
FluffyPuffy
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 14, 2014 5:30am | Report
The problem is: I have too many fonts and I can't find a tutorial how to delete them all except for the basic windows fonts. And I'm to lazy to delete them all on my own. => I have a lot of fonts, but 1. my PC laggs when he has to load them (9k+ fonts :s) and 2. I don't know my fonts, so I basically just randomly search them in PS and yeah...not the best result.
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 14, 2014 5:35am | Report
Control panel -> Fonts. Click on whatever you want to delete, and press delete (right click -> delete)?

thank you jhoijhoi for the signature <3
FluffyPuffy
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 14, 2014 5:56am | Report
I know, but I'm too lazy to do this 9000 times^^

I edited the wallpaper, I found a similar font which is more legible.

(But I'm still not really happy with this orb)
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 14, 2014 8:53am | Report
I would make the subtitle "the nine-tailed fox" in a different (more neutral) font and, perhaps, in a slightly lighter color as well.

I have a **** ton of fonts myself, and I enjoy that fact. xD

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide