Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

MOBAVERSE Gallery

Creator: JEFFY40HANDS January 7, 2012 11:50am
4126 posts - page 372 of 413
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 15, 2014 9:09am | Report
The orb is better and the green lighting is decently spread. I still feel like you could possibly go over her with a soft brush on an overlay layer. Maybe bring it down to 20-30%.

The font still doesn't read right to me, however.
Electro522
<Guide Critic>
Electro522's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 16, 2014 12:44am | Report

I'll admit it.

Toshabi is a genius.
Another sig I have to thank Emikadon for. :)
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 16, 2014 5:50pm | Report
Hmm it looks a little... low quality-ish? I'm not sure that this is the problem, but you should save and upload your images in .png format rather than .jpg

Other than that, I'd probably change the text (font placement colour)... a little. Personally I'd try to make the text blue and add a blue border to match the blade, change the golden details on the render to blue then too, or something. But if you don't wanna go that far, I would still not have all of the text be in that font, but rather just "Dawn" or something like that, and place it differently. Toshabi can help in more detail, but I think he'll say something like this, too =P

I like it a lot though, the render and BG look so perfect together, good job!
Electro522
<Guide Critic>
Electro522's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 16, 2014 9:20pm | Report
When I worked on it, my editing software wanted to save it as a .png. However, I got to imgur, and it looked like it wouldn't let me load it in .png, so, I saved it in .jpeg which "flattened" the picture. Diana and the text is one layer, where the background is obviously the second layer.

The low quality comes from the resizing, I think. I had to squeeze the entire picture from 320 pixels tall, to only 200 (I started off at around 700 or so, and had to edit it down). The software, thankfully, automatically squeezed it length wise to compensate. I tried using the HD enhance feature the imgur has, but, it doesn't look like it did much (either that, or I forgot to hit apply when I put it on, which is the more likely factor)

Putting the text in blue. Hmmmm.

I did kind of want to add a blue "mist" coming off the blade, since the original had it. However, if I were to render it successfully, I had to get rid of it. I'm still figuring out what this software is capable of, and I didn't take the time to figure out it's painting features. If I were to add that "mist", I would have more then likely made the text blue, and had it come off the blade. Unfortunately, I am still new at this, new enough to the point that I had to take the eraser function of the software to Diana to make sure there weren't any left over pixels from the rendering (I had to erase the left over render pieces pixel by excruciating pixel).

But thank you for the compliment! All I had to do was look up "Blood Moon" on Google images, and that background was one of the first pictures to pop up! Once I saw it, I absolutely HAD to add it in.
Thank you jhoijhoi for the sig!
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 16, 2014 9:58pm | Report
Use the sharpen filter to resharpen Diana.

at least that's what the filter is called on GIMP.
Kadius
<Member>
Kadius's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 17, 2014 5:15am | Report
Kadius wrote:
Guess who's been doing some typography? me.

Now if you're looking at these saying "HEY, HE USED MY GUIDE FOR THAT!!", then indeed I did. I used a bunh of different guides from the tutorial corner to help create these, and thank you to all who made them. I'm starting to grow already even though I've been doing this for like 2 days. Starting to really enjoy this as a hobby and I hope to keep on going :)

Also on a side not I wanted anther sig to randomise so I made a Zed one. I'm a little iffy on the text but I think it mostly looks decent. Hope you likey :)

EDIT: WHY IS IT SO BIG OMG PLZ TELL EM HOW TO FIX IT
Double edit: haha nevermind I fixed it on Imgur... lowered the res.
Like my post? Be sure to toss me a +Rep!

Credits to Amanda for making this... yeah, you're not having happy dreams tonight.
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 17, 2014 5:31am | Report
save in .png that way it won't get ****ed up by stuff

Thanks to OwenTheAwesomer for the signature =)
Kadius
<Member>
Kadius's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 17, 2014 6:19am | Report
Janitsu wrote:
save in .png that way it won't get ****ed up by stuff

Yeah it was a Jpeg :P
Others are PNGs though.
I think it was because my friend who has been doing this all his life gave me a couple of pointers and one involved pixels being set to 200% or some ****. Anyways, probably won't do THAT again...
Like my post? Be sure to toss me a +Rep!

Credits to the lovely and talented Amanda for the sig, be sure to check out her workshop!
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 17, 2014 7:45am | Report
Alternatively, you can quit being a jpeg and png ***** and go tiff.
FluffyPuffy
<Member>
FluffyPuffy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 17, 2014 8:05am | Report
I'm not sure if this thread is only for LoL GFX, but I made my second (or third, don't know) car, so I wanted to share it.
(If it is not allowed please tell me and ignore it then, I won't post sth liek that again then.)

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide