Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Sk1llbug's signature store (everything is free...

Creator: Sk1llbug November 8, 2011 3:41am
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 21, 2011 12:33pm | Report
MF, Sona, Nidalee, Katarina.

Text should read...

"Duff Loves his *****es."

LOL Hrmmm.

Corki?

^_^
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 21, 2011 12:50pm | Report
DuffTime wrote:

MF, Sona, Nidalee, Katarina.

Text should read...

"Duff Loves his *****es."

LOL Hrmmm.

Corki?

^_^

Olaf.

Sk1llbug
<Member>
Sk1llbug's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 21, 2011 1:36pm | Report
I'll get started tomorrow. Getting tired >_>

Thanks to ALOT OF PEOPLE for all the awesome signatures!
If I helped, don't hesitate to +Rep :D
Infraynor
<Member>
Infraynor's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 21, 2011 2:32pm | Report
Hey, your stuff could be so much better if you looked at tuts, just google Signature tutorial. :)
Also here's some basic stuff that could help-
- Flow

Flow is an important part of any signature. For those new to signature making who don't really understand what flow is, it is basically the subtle direction the signature BG, render and effects move towards.

Look at the signature render and effects and see where the general flow of the signature is heading. If there are any bits that are directly contradicting this flow then point them out. Try to look at the render, the use of c4d's and brushes as well as smudging and distortion effects when judging the flow of a signature.

- Effects

Look for the use of c4d's, pen-tool effects, brushes, smudging and distorting in the signature. Take a deeper look at these and see whether they look convincing or if they look like they may just have been pasted on top as a shoddy addition. Try to take in the opacity of the effects, the flow, the lighting and the placement when looking and judging the effects in a signature.

- Blending

Blending is an important part of any signature. Look at the render and see whether it looks like its part of the scene or if it has just been pasted on top. Have a look at the smudging effects around the render and c4d's to see if they contribute to how the signature blends. Check the use of c4d's because many people use these to add the the blending of their renders and see whether overall, the signature has decent blending or if it just looks like the artist has pasted a bunch of renders together with some brushes and a BG.

- Depth

Depth has a large part to play in blending also. Each signature has 3 dimensions, height, width and depth. Depth is the dimension that gives you signature more of a 3D-like effect. try to have a good look at the render, effects and background to see if the artist has used the blur and sharpen tool, as well as the burn and dodge tool to create depth in their signature. When judging the depth, try to take in the whole signature and see if the blurring effects and consistent, convincing and appropriate.

- Lighting

Try to have a look at the lighting on the render and on the BG, see if the lighting is coming from the same place on both of them. Have a close look to see whether the artist has used basic lighting with a general light source, also check if they have used more advanced lighting on the BG and render like colored or directional lighting, as well as the light reflected onto the render or BG from various effects the artist has used.

- Text

Text should be nice looking and stand out from the signature but also it should blend enough that it doesn't look like a scar on the signature. Font and color choice are an important part of text for a signature. Take a look at their text placement, font, color and effects. Do these contribute to the look of the signature or hinder it?

- Border

A good border should be the finishing touch to a great signature. It should make the signature blend into the background of the forum nicely and not make it stand out like an eyesore. On the other hand it should also not blend in so much that it disrupts the look of the signature. The border should not be super complicated and should keep a fairly constant color and consistency. Improvised borders can be a great addition to a signature but it can also make the signature look shabby as a whole. Take a look at the border and try to follow the points above while rating it.

- Composition

Composition in laymans terms is essentialy how the elements of your signature or any other artwork come together to create your image. Gostalt's theory states that humans think something "looks good" when it is something they can easily recognise or something organised. A jumbled mess of elements in your design will distract the audiences eye and cause discontent when looking at your work. Many professional graphic artists make use of composition techniques to create amazing displays of "controlled chaos".

- Harmony

As stated before Gostalt's theory states that humans look at something and it "looks good" to them if they see organization or things they can easily recognise, for example geometric shapes are often used to great effect in design because they can add organization to an artwork and are visually satisfying.

- Color

This is a very important one. Color is a huge part of making a visually appealing signature. Many people will grab colors randomly and try to incorporate them into their signatures but take it from a graphic design student who does a lot of graphic design work, having a pre-defined color scheme is almost priceless while making a signature. Color is not given the attention it should and using a color scheme WILL improve your work. One of the best sites for creating amazing color schemes in seconds is Kuler which is run by adobe and i vouch for it 100%. Not only can you make your own but you can also browse and download color schemes made my thousands of professional designers.

http://kuler.adobe.com

Another tool that works great after you have chosen your color scheme from Kuler is a tool called Snook's Colour Contrast Check. This tool allows the user to pick the background and foreground colours and put their RGB values into the tool to recieve a compatability test. This is specially useful for web design.

http://snook.ca/technical/colour_contrast/colour.html

- Dominance

Dominance is essentially adding emphasis and drawing the eye to a particular part of your artwork. This helps create unity in your artwork and can be used in conjunction with pictorial elements to move the audiences eyes around your work in a way that increases visual satisfaction.

- Balance

Balance is the distribution of elements throughout your artwork. If you have all your elements in your design unevenly distributed it will lead to uncontrolled chaos and will look bad to the audience. If used properly, balance can be the icing on a truly excellent piece of artwork. When looking at your artwork for balance try walking away and make a cup of tea, then come back and survey the signature as a whole and see if it feels balanced.

(Wrote by Tasemu from gfxforums.net)
Sigs made by me.

Please +Rep me.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 21, 2011 4:19pm | Report
Don't worry man hahaha. Do it at your liesure, I don't care if it takes you a month to get around to it, and if you never do it at all I won't be bothered. Hahah.

Just work on it when you're in the mood ^_^
Sk1llbug
<Member>
Sk1llbug's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 22, 2011 12:15am | Report
Ok, cool. We'll see how it works out lol :D

Sk1llbug
<Member>
Sk1llbug's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 22, 2011 1:55am | Report

Here you go, rhysyo :)
Anything you want to change?

I'll get started on the banner as soon as I'm done with the other requests i've got here :)

jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 22, 2011 3:05am | Report
I like both of those, but the Cho one the most. Awesome work :D
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by me ♡
Sk1llbug
<Member>
Sk1llbug's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 22, 2011 3:33am | Report
Here's yours, Duff :D
Just had to put the Corki in there aswell ;)

And thanx jhoi, got especially pleased with the cho one :)

Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 22, 2011 5:15am | Report
Thank you I liked the next, added to my guide.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide