Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

About AP champs

Creator: Max Carter October 22, 2011 6:38pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2011 3:51am | Report
The most CC an AP carry can get is usually two, and that usually involves one insanely soft one and one hard one.

Brand has low CD stuns that require a spell hitting enemies before.
Malzahar has his nasty little combo that will rape anyone 1v1 (without QSS)
Xerath is weak.. I don't like him. His E range is way too small.
Cass's W and R are pretty damn strong.
Ori has a great ult along with nice speed buff / debuff.
Karthus has a nasty slow if landed correctly. Really squishy though.
LeBlanc is kinda meh. Don't really like her. Her snare is nasty if landed though.
Kass is a strong anti-caster. Silence + slow and a low cd blink.
Zilean (SO UNDERRATED) has a really awesome speed buff/debuff with literally no CD because of his W. SO UNDERRATED AP CASTER.
Anivia has massive amount of CC with her Ult and Q stun / slow. Her wall is also nasty for de-positioning enemies. You might want to try her out.
Kennen has a nasty stun every couple of hits.
Lux has a good snare and slow, but is pretty weak.
Swain has a nice slow and snare if landed, but has pretty short ranges and is easily countered by ignite.
Morgana has a nasty snare and an ult that's game changing.

And of course, AP Ashe has op burst with her ultimate and has an awesome stun duration.
Max Carter
<Member>
Max Carter's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2011 6:43am | Report
@RosePhoenix

Brand Never played, seems like he haves a huge combo, but only have one stun :/
Malzahar Already played, when it was free, like his combo, he can destroy 1 enemy and hurt hard more 2 or 3...
Xerath Well, laned against him, and that range and easy application stun is annoying as hell
Cassiopeia Nice slow on W, stun or slow on R and that ****ing twin fangs... a lot of damage every 0.5 second? o.o wtf?
Orianna Doesn't orianna fits more in ap-supporter role?
Karthus Already played, don't like
LeBlanc She was really strong always when played against, but i don't like
Kassadin I don't know, he only haves Q always, i don't know if he's good
Zilean yeah, he's underrated, but I see how strong he is, really hate laning against him... but don't like playing, he's more ap-supporter
Anivia Never used - talk about?
Kennen Never used - talk about?
Lux Don't like
Swain Yep, short ranges... I played him and that was my problem on every single fight
Morgana Isn't morg more ap-supporter? If you miss Q W combo she doesnt have damage, or am i wrong?

Which and Why?
Brand because everyone says he's very strong
Cassiopeia because of his E every 0.5 seconds on poisoned enemies
Malzahar because I like him, silence and suppress
Morgana because every game I see she rapes everyone ;o
Anivia what are the special things on her? the wall and the egg?
Kennen can apply stun very often, but I NEVER used him ;o
Kassadin already used, but he needs to get closer for W and E if he wants, isn't that risky for a non-tanky champ?
Thx for Nyoike for this sig! Tanks FTW s2
Beeswarm17
<Member>
Beeswarm17's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2011 10:25am | Report
Brand: Stupid high burst potential of the AOE variety.
Cassiopeia: MS buff from Q, slow from W, constant damage from E, and AOE burst stun/slow
Malzahar: Great farmer, with the most powerful CC out there (suppress), even if it's a high cost (you just stand there). Needs to quickly rip out his combo, but it will decimate a target.
Morgana: Longest snare in the game, MR reducing AOE damage, CC/magic damage shield, and an AOE slow/stun that rivals Amumu's
Anivia: Possibly the highest single target burst in the game, and slows everywhere. Also has a stun. Then the wall that can block off an entire lane, and you have to kill her twice.
Kennen: AOE stun bot. He just stuns all the damn day long. Everything he does sets him up for a stun.
Kassadin: Less mage and more assassin. Silence, then use riftwalk to get up close. Murder with force pulse. Go back to farming. It is risky to not be tanky, but it's what assassins are.

Best choices here? Really depends. If you like Malzahar, then I'd say go for Morgana, Brand, or Anivia. Morgana is generally fantastic, with three different CCs and a way to block CC. Brand just hurts. He needs good targeting to work, and if you can deal with Malz, you can probably deal with him, too. Anivia because she can slow with multiple sources, as well as stun. If you can aim Malz's Q, you should be able to pick up Anivia's wall fairly easily.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2011 10:36am | Report
*cough cough*

Blitzcrank has a "stun"/displace with Rocket Grab a knock up with Power Fist and a silence with Static Field the CC machine......2 Hard CCs and 1 Soft CC......
Beeswarm17
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2011 10:47am | Report
^ I wouldn't call Blitz an AP carry, though.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2011 10:53am | Report
I build him AP+CDR....It wrecks face.
Calibern
<Member>
Calibern's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2011 10:54am | Report
Anivia all the way. She is so pwnage. It's so easy to kite your opponent with your ultimate which is on virtually no cooldown. Anivia can get her burst off much more frequently and consistently than most other champs, because she has really low cooldowns. Her q+e both have like a 1:1 AP ratio if you can land them correctly. If enemies stand in your ult for 4 seconds then its basically a 1:1 ratio, but most times they are dead before they can get out of it, or you turn it off to save mana.
Xin Guide
Clicking the Rep button will end the world, do not click it! (Reverse psychology FTW)
Thank to AlexanPT, JakofAllSpaydes,JEFFY40HANDS, KingCasanova and reppinFTC for the amazing signatures.

JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2011 11:40am | Report
@Rose: I disagree with you about Xerath being weak. He's an extremely strong laner because of his short cool downs and superior range. The range on his E is short for a reason...I'd like it to be slightly longer, but the point is if his E wasn't as short as it is he'd be borderline OP. Just requires a patient person who knows how to utilize his range to make him potent.
Max Carter
<Member>
Max Carter's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2011 12:48pm | Report
Beeswarm17 wrote:

Brand: Stupid high burst potential of the AOE variety.
Cassiopeia: MS buff from Q, slow from W, constant damage from E, and AOE burst stun/slow
Malzahar: Great farmer, with the most powerful CC out there (suppress), even if it's a high cost (you just stand there). Needs to quickly rip out his combo, but it will decimate a target.
Morgana: Longest snare in the game, MR reducing AOE damage, CC/magic damage shield, and an AOE slow/stun that rivals Amumu's
Anivia: Possibly the highest single target burst in the game, and slows everywhere. Also has a stun. Then the wall that can block off an entire lane, and you have to kill her twice.
Kennen: AOE stun bot. He just stuns all the damn day long. Everything he does sets him up for a stun.
Kassadin: Less mage and more assassin. Silence, then use riftwalk to get up close. Murder with force pulse. Go back to farming. It is risky to not be tanky, but it's what assassins are.

Best choices here? Really depends. If you like Malzahar, then I'd say go for Morgana, Brand, or Anivia. Morgana is generally fantastic, with three different CCs and a way to block CC. Brand just hurts. He needs good targeting to work, and if you can deal with Malz, you can probably deal with him, too. Anivia because she can slow with multiple sources, as well as stun. If you can aim Malz's Q, you should be able to pick up Anivia's wall fairly easily.

I don't like Brand, IDK why, just don't like... but if he's that powerful would be good to the team
Yeah, Anivia haves a natural guardian angel...

Morgana is disruptive, Malzahar is single target nuke, Cassiopeia and Anivia are AOE damage dealers? Kennen is an assassin who needs to get in?

except for kennen, the builds would be something like rabadon, sorc shoes, void staff, archangells, roa/rilay and hourglass?
Thx for Nyoike for this sig! Tanks FTW s2
Beeswarm17
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2011 1:08pm | Report
If you don't like Brand, don't feel like you have to use him. I don't like Brand either, really. I play most of the others that you've mentioned, though.

It's not exactly correct to call Cass and Anivia AOE damage dealers. As I said, Anivia has probably the best single target burst out of any AP. Frostbite is not to be messed with. Cass's main damage source is from her E. You need your target poisoned to get the most effectiveness, but it's single target damage from her. They both have AOE spells, but they aren't what I consider AOE champs.

Actually, that build you gave is really good on Kennen, minus the Archangels. I don't really build staff on any of them except Cass, since she's so spammy.

And are we talking Kennen or Kassadin? Kennen needs to get in the middle of fights and pop his ult. Kassadin needs to run around and pick off targets.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide