Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

About AP champs

Creator: Max Carter October 22, 2011 6:38pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Calibern
<Member>
Calibern's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 24, 2011 4:17am | Report
Morgana's spells are fairly high with 15sec on her q, 12 sec on her w, and 15 sec on e. Her skills don't scale down in cdr as you level it too. Compare that with lets say Annie 4 sec on q, 8 sec on w, and 30 sec on e. Sure Annie has a long cooldown on e but its a shield that lasts 15 seconds, which is ridiculously long time compared to 4 seconds on Morgana's shield. Anivia at level 18 has 8 second on q, 20 seconds on w, and 5 seconds on e, and 6 seconds on r. So yea Morgana has a fairly long cdr compared to other mages. Anivia is good most games, and is great against AD heavy teams with her attack speed debuff from ultimate. You can't go wrong with Cass either, she has really consistent damage. I wouldn't pick Malzahar in terms of damage. Morgana can carry teams really well, and her ult can change the course of a team fight. You can't go wrong with any of them.
Xin Guide
Clicking the Rep button will end the world, do not click it! (Reverse psychology FTW)
Thank to AlexanPT, JakofAllSpaydes,JEFFY40HANDS, KingCasanova and reppinFTC for the amazing signatures.

Max Carter
<Member>
Max Carter's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 24, 2011 8:11am | Report
Ok, malza lacks damage, so, malza is out...

I'll try anivia, cassio and morgana... W reduces magic resist so I wont need sorc shoes, as someone said there ^^

Anivia and Cassio I think I'll need tears... the ultimate on anivia and the spam on cass needs a lot of mana... am I right? Or anivia doesn't need it?

MR Pen marks...
What about quints?
CDR flat Glyphs? or MR per level?
Mana regen per level seals? Or flat armor?
Thx for Nyoike for this sig! Tanks FTW s2
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 24, 2011 8:21am | Report
Haven't bought Tear of the Goddess on Anivia yet but then again I almost always get blue because I often play with friends.

As for runes, I have magic pen marks, mana regen seals, ap/lvl glyphs and ap quintessences. Not sure why you would get MR/level glyphs and armor seals tbh, you're supposed to deal damage mainly :P

Thanks to Hoppermh for the signature!
Max Carter
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 24, 2011 8:50am | Report
It's because I only have those runes, as you can see they're all turned to physical tanky... :P I'm starting from 0 on AP champs, the closer to AP that I have is Soraka (I play when I support) and Kayle (a crazy moment when i decided to build an AS hybrid kayle... didn't worked, probally IDK how to use '-' Or she doesn't deal enough damage)

No, I don't want a low price champ to start, I want start with one that I like and will play ^^ I don't care about the price...
Beeswarm17
<Member>
Beeswarm17's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 24, 2011 9:07am | Report
Anivia can manage just fine from Rod of Ages, assuming you don't leave it all the time. You can manage short bursts of ult and get the job done. The main reason I suggest Tear on Cass is because of how quickly you can charge it to max. I can max out Tear on Cass in about 10-15 minutes or so.

Flat cooldown is a solid choice for most of these champs and will serve you better than MR/level. Also take the mana regen per level seals. Mana regen will always serve you well as a caster, especially early game when you will need it. For quints, I'd suggest AP. You can probably get three AP quints really cheap off the limited edition quints they have going on. They're tier 2, technically, but they have almost the same effectiveness as tier 3. Half the price, too.
Max Carter
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 24, 2011 9:14am | Report
wow, where do I see those "special editions"? they don't warn about that --'
Beeswarm17
<Member>
Beeswarm17's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 24, 2011 9:25am | Report
You'll find them in the LoL client store. They're holiday runes. Look at the tier 2 quintessences. There should be 6 of them available to you. You can filter them in the shop by selecting tier2, quintessence, and limited edition. You'll find the halloween quints there.

They'll have additional sets once Christmas rolls around, too.
Max Carter
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 24, 2011 9:45am | Report
Oh, I'm not from USA so I forget about holidays, halloween is coming in 1 week '-' lol... In Brazil we don't celebrate like in the USA...

On the home page from the store they announce special runes? never saw... I'm looking the champs always, I have 350 RP from a gift a few months ago because of server instability... I'm waiting a good champ to get for 275RP (in promotion)... It's the valuable choice I think

And I said above I'm not from USA, I'm from Brazil, is my english good or you can notice my official language isn't english? :D
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 24, 2011 9:47am | Report
Brazil?? Mordekaiser es #1 HUEHUEHUE

Thanks to Hoppermh for the signature!
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 24, 2011 9:54am | Report
Wayne3100 wrote:

Haven't bought Tear of the Goddess on Anivia yet but then again I almost always get blue because I often play with friends.

As for runes, I have magic pen marks, mana regen seals, ap/lvl glyphs and ap quintessences. Not sure why you would get MR/level glyphs and armor seals tbh, you're supposed to deal damage mainly :P

Not always, a certain Fiddlesticks jungler steals it from you xD. Tear of the Goddess is really nice on her since her Flash Frost and Glacial Storm both proc the effect twice.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide