Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

About AP champs

Creator: Max Carter October 22, 2011 6:38pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 24, 2011 2:32pm | Report
It's not about Brand's Ratios.

You just have to play him to understand.

If you land your R and it bounces between 3-4 players, and your W immediately after, and THEN your E?

****'s over. Even if you die your team has no excuse to lose that fight if you farmed well.
Beeswarm17
<Member>
Beeswarm17's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 24, 2011 2:52pm | Report
^ I'm agreeing with Duff on this one. Looking at the numbers alone will not tell you how powerful a champ is. For example, just landing Morgana's soil under someone's feet will not do much damage. Snaring them so that they HAVE to stand there will be far more effective.

Also, never forget the passives on champions. Brand deals extra damage relative to the target's HP every time he lands a spell. It also adds a bonus effect to his other spells. His burst is incredible, not because the damage is good, but because he can do this to the entire team.

Anivia can slow the entire team. Also, her ult will stay active even if she gets forced into her egg as long as it was active before she got there. And that wall can land almost as many kills as another spell. It also allows you to see inside brush.

Think about what a champion can do in relation to combos and key rolls. There's a lot to various champs that can't be understood until you actually use them in a game. This is one of the reason why "try before you buy" is the general response to anyone who wants to look up champs.

...Still can't believe I ran across some people who thought Cass was a bottom tier caster champ. They queue dodged, so I didn't have time to prove them wrong. Oh well. =_=
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 24, 2011 2:56pm | Report
Anivia's ult is interrupted if she is disabled (which you usually get before dying).
"every now and again you come across a game that has so little emotional connection to who you are that you end up standing there, gazing at the screen and saying "I'm just pressing buttons and my life has no meaning,"" - Colin Campbell
Beeswarm17
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 24, 2011 3:21pm | Report
^ Is it? It always seemed to only keep me from turning it off if I got hit with a stun or something.
Max Carter
<Member>
Max Carter's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 24, 2011 3:36pm | Report
Ok, so I'll test them when they get free...

I don't wanna read so many guides, so the basic:

Brand: Farm with W or E? Harass with E Q W combo? Level up R > W > E > Q?
Cassiopeia: Farm with Q? Harass with Q and E? Level up R > Q > E > W?
Gragas: Farm with Q? Harass with Q? Level up R > Q > W/E (alternated)?
Anivia: Farm with E? Harass with Q and E combo? Level up R > E > Q > W?
Kennen: Farm with Q? Harass with Q W E combo? Level up R > Q > W > E?

Kennen and Gragas should be built like a normal AP? And played like a normal AP (behind) or more like an melee AP (getting in, hitting, running)?
Thx for Nyoike for this sig! Tanks FTW s2
Beeswarm17
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 24, 2011 3:43pm | Report
That is correct, as far as I know. Kennen REALLY likes Rylai's, though, and I tend to start with Doran's Shield with him. But maybe I'm weird.

Also, farm with Q on Anivia if you can't get by with autoattacks. It has a small AOE burst, so it helps. Once you get up there, you can push with R if you want.

The rest is perfectly fine, as far as I can tell.
Calibern
<Member>
Calibern's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 24, 2011 4:33pm | Report
Anivia has to farm with auto attacks her mana pool is really small in comparison to her spell costs. You can only use your skills to farm if you have blue or have 2k+ mana which isn't until late game. At level 6 without blue buff using my ult and q combo to farm 2 times within 20 seconds depletes my mana to about half. Ken best farm is his e and w farm. Lightning rush and electric surge combo can wipe out entire minion waves, but early game your auto attacks and q should be enough. Rest is fine.
Xin Guide
Clicking the Rep button will end the world, do not click it! (Reverse psychology FTW)
Thank to AlexanPT, JakofAllSpaydes,JEFFY40HANDS, KingCasanova and reppinFTC for the amazing signatures.

Max Carter
<Member>
Max Carter's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 24, 2011 4:37pm | Report
Anivia can't farm? only with auto attacks? I'm not a pro farming with an enemy being AD (stronger auto attacks), imagine with anivia, LOL... I think I'll not play her :/ when i was using malza i could constantly use my E + auto attacks + my pet
Thx for Nyoike for this sig! Tanks FTW s2
Calibern
<Member>
Calibern's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 24, 2011 4:55pm | Report
Anivia can farm its just that most of your farm won't come early game. Mid-late game is where you get all your farm. Anivia can clear minion waves in 1 sec with r+q combo. Early game your gold will come from the one or two champion kill you got. If you have blue you shouldn't have a problem. Either way you should really work on learning to last hit if you can, not being able to last hit well won't end well later on. At higher elo most of you gold will be from farm and not champion kills.
Xin Guide
Clicking the Rep button will end the world, do not click it! (Reverse psychology FTW)
Thank to AlexanPT, JakofAllSpaydes,JEFFY40HANDS, KingCasanova and reppinFTC for the amazing signatures.

DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 24, 2011 5:19pm | Report
Really pro players can play anivia because they are sooo good at last hitting.

For the average player, last hitting with Anivia would be nearly impossible :P
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide