Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Atma's Impaler on Nocturne

Creator: Arayvenn May 13, 2012 1:19pm
Arayvenn
<Member>
Arayvenn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 13, 2012 1:19pm | Report
I have a question about Atma's Impaler on Nocturne. I'm referring to this guide specifically. It doesn't seem very practical, but I'm not exactly a seasoned League player so I figured I'd ask. I've been building a BT in its place and I've found it to be more effective. What do you guys think? Should I build Atma's? Should I build BT? Should I build something entirely different? Thanks in advance.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 13, 2012 2:01pm | Report
It works fine. BT will work fine as well.

I'd replace BV with GA then. (I'd never be building the BV anyway.)
Zell
<Member>
Zell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 13, 2012 2:11pm | Report
Its an okay item but generally your team will be wanting you to be more tanky as such you'll find yourself building Randuin's Omen more as to make yourself more durable particularly if your needed to initiate. Bloodthirster just doesn't work with Nocturne as it leaves you to squishy and attack damage isn't anywhere near as valuable towards Nocturne as lets say it is towards Lee Sin or Riven as he doesn't scale that effectively with it. You already have your Wriggle's Lantern for some life-steal, if the game drags on for an obscure length of time and you complete your full set of items (extremely unlikely) then later you can sell your Wriggle's Lantern for a Bloodthirster.

If your wishing to opt for some more damage then Last Whisper at that stage of the game would be a more potent option, Atma's Impaler allows you to simultaneously gain both defensive stats and some damage but its rare for a game to go on for that long for you to have finishing building the following: Wriggle's Lantern, Frozen Mallet, Randuin's Omen. At least if your warding as much as you should be.
Credit to Jeff and jhois for creating my signature and avatar design.
If I helped +Rep, if I didn't then +Rep the person who did.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 13, 2012 8:13pm | Report
^ I don't fully agree. I think BT is fine on Noc.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 13, 2012 8:29pm | Report
BT is fine, but you'll lose the armor from atma's. Ironically I've been having a long discussion about Nocturne builds with someone over the last week and I'll be including an "atma's-less" build along with some other situational examples (heavy AD, heavy AP etc.) in my next major update.

It's probably going to look like this. Feel free to use it if you don't like atma's:

Thanks to Jovy for the sig!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide