Mobafire League of Legends Build Guides Mobafire League of Legends Build Guides
's Forum Avatar

Feedback on Explanation of what roles Fiora is...

Creator: RCIX March 25, 2012 11:14am
1 2
RCIX
<Member>
RCIX's Forum Avatar
Posts:
274
Joined:
Jan 18th, 2012
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend March 25, 2012 11:14am | Report
Ok, so trying not to be confusing here like with my last topic. In my guide, I wrote a section that explains why I don't think Fiora should be built tanky DPS or as a jungler. I'm looking for feedback on both the aesthetics of the section and my reasoning/explanation clarity.

No, not advertising. The link I provided goes to the specific, relevant section of my guide that I wish to discuss.

Edit: title should be "Feedback on *my* explanation [...]".
Nasus says hi
Lugignaf
<Moderator>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
10967
Joined:
Feb 8th, 2011
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend March 25, 2012 11:23am | Report
Man I love how you format things along with the images. They always look pretty.

Anyway, your Renekton skill cross is mucked up. Same with the Skarner one. Might want to fix that.
True love is found only in yourself.
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
3721
Joined:
Jul 20th, 2011
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend March 25, 2012 11:31am | Report
What I think:

Jungling Section
- Compares Fiora to a God Tier jungler. God Tier junglers are called 'God Tier' for a reason. Try comparing her to a slightly weaker jungler that's considered Tiers 1 or 2.

-Consider adding in good points for Fiora's side. (ex. Two gap closers to use for a gank, high damage output, etc)

-Her dueling capabilities are strong, and her sustain will leave her at high resources at all times. On even levels, she will have the upper hand in almost all situations.

Tanky DPS
-Tanky DPSs don't need any kind of CC. They are exactly what they are: 'Tanky DPS'

-Her base stats are fairly high for someone to be called squishy. She's one of the few champions who end up at the highest amount of Mres at 18 (52.5)

General
-Don't compare specific champions, compare general attributes of the roles. For example, it isn't fair to say Fiora is better than Master Yi because she has higher steroids, two dashes, and longer invulnerability, but instead say ' Fiora does more damage than other DPSers because she has higher steroids than most champions.'

-I like the layout. Very well made and pleasing to the eye.

And that's about it. Hope I helped~
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe


Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
PsiGuard
<Community Manager>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
7976
Joined:
Jun 26th, 2011
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend March 25, 2012 11:50am | Report
Not that I disagree with your conclusion, but I think your comparisons for jungle and tanky DPS aren't really fair to Fiora. Try comparing her to a more high-damage jungler and a different offtank who lacks CC.

For the jungler, you could go with Nocturne or Master Yi. Both are superior junglers and are just as adept at sniping carries. Master Yi is probably a closer comparison, but Nocturne would be an easier choice if you're exemplifying Fiora's weaknesses.

For the offtank, just pick someone like Shyvana. She has almost no CC (situational knockback on her ult, that's it) and also deals a lot of damage if she sticks to her target. She is able to build much tankier since she doesn't rely on heavy AD scaling and just needs a bit of AS to deal significant damage. Fiora has to itemize her damage too much to be able to offtank effectively.
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
RCIX
<Member>
RCIX's Forum Avatar
Posts:
274
Joined:
Jan 18th, 2012
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend March 25, 2012 1:12pm | Report
Lugignaf wrote:

Man I love how you format things along with the images. They always look pretty.

Anyway, your Renekton skill cross is mucked up. Same with the Skarner one. Might want to fix that.

Looks fine here. Can I see a screenshot or something?

tehAsian wrote:

- Compares Fiora to a God Tier jungler. God Tier junglers are called 'God Tier' for a reason. Try comparing her to a slightly weaker jungler that's considered Tiers 1 or 2.


I just keep coming back to Skarner when I want to compare for the jungle since he's solid in every single aspect you'd want. That really helps to show how viable a jungler is and what subrole you'd end up slotting them into IMO.

I'd be fine swapping it out for like Shyvana though; in fact, comparing to Shyvana in both cases sounds like a good idea.


tehAsian wrote:

-Her dueling capabilities are strong, and her sustain will leave her at high resources at all times. On even levels, she will have the upper hand in almost all situations.

The thing though, she's got no AoE. So at least on early levels, she's scratching her way through the jungle at or below half health, so any surprise counter-jungling will end up with a dead Fiora if she doesn't book it fast. It definitely gets better once she gets a Vamp scepter or wriggles plus some levels, but... I'll try to make this more clear.

tehAsian wrote:

-Tanky DPSs don't need any kind of CC. They are exactly what they are: 'Tanky DPS'

*cough*riven*cough*nasus*cough*irelia*cough* I could go on :P Tanky DPS need that disruption to smash their way through the front lines. It's not an absolute requirement, but you end up seeing it on pretty much every character.

PsiGuard wrote:

stuff

Yeah, I'll change the comparisons.



Thanks for the feedback and compliments so far!
My guides:
Lugignaf
<Moderator>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
10967
Joined:
Feb 8th, 2011
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend March 25, 2012 1:16pm | Report

That's what I'm seeing.


Thank you to jhoijhoi for the sig, and all the dividers in the guide.

RCIX
<Member>
RCIX's Forum Avatar
Posts:
274
Joined:
Jan 18th, 2012
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend March 25, 2012 1:27pm | Report
Hmmmmm...

Let's put it this way: I know why it's happening and how to fix it, but I don't know who else has this problem. So if I fix it for you it may break for a bunch of other people :P
My guides:
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
10851
Joined:
Jan 17th, 2011
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend March 25, 2012 1:29pm | Report
why iz it happening then ;o

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
3721
Joined:
Jul 20th, 2011
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend March 25, 2012 1:32pm | Report
I think it's something wrong with how the columns coding functions.

I'm having the same problem in one of my unpublished guides :/
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe


Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
RCIX
<Member>
RCIX's Forum Avatar
Posts:
274
Joined:
Jan 18th, 2012
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend March 25, 2012 1:55pm | Report
You gotta muck around with the spacing columns till there's enough room for the format you want I think. It's tricky.
My guides:
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.