Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Getting traffic to your build/guide

Creator: qsik May 23, 2011 3:46pm
1 2 3
qsik
<Member>
qsik's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 23, 2011 3:46pm | Report
So how do people get traffic to their build otherwise? I am confused since my Jarvan build has been up for a long time and has over 4000 views but only has 7 votes. I know it is not finished but still
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 23, 2011 3:55pm | Report
Advertising in your signature helps. Be active and helpful. Apart from that, there's not much else.
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 23, 2011 4:06pm | Report
Make sure it is good and long :)

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 23, 2011 6:49pm | Report
Ask your friends to upvote it.
I asked a friend of mine and my brother to upvote mine so it would be more visible.
I also advertise it on my sig and nag people on the mobafire chat to upvote it.

It's effective = D

Apart from that I believe its being lucky. Not many people bother clicking on a sig unless it's a champ they play, so I don't think it would help much.
If it's good a veteran might recommend it and it'll appear on the front page. With a lot of luck a vet will recommend it even though it's not that good loool =D
I would vote on it but I've never played jarvan, so I'll refrain from voting.

I can, however, criticize the guide, not the build. It actually looks good at the beggining but I find the item section really lacking.
Having clear concise explanations helps a lot, since people will easily understand your ideas. You have a huge wall of text about the build when you should try to explain each item separately.
You also have 4 builds but only explain one of them. Instead of having several builds I suggest you put the main build and in the item section you list alternative and situational items, explain when and why you should use them.

The same goes for the Skill sequence. List each skill and explanation separately. Use images. Show a clear skill sequence like > > > (a Janna skill sequence example).
Adonikam
<Veteran>
Adonikam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 23, 2011 7:46pm | Report
I'd say get a signature then link your guide in it. Start posting on the forums, meet people, talk on Vent and ask them to crit. your guide =)
Australians, the best gamers in the world combined with the worst ping.
DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 24, 2011 5:39am | Report

Make sure it is good and long :)

Edit Make sure it is good and interesting.

Update it frequently, and just wait... If it will be worth it, it will get the scores. Be helpfull in comments and active.

Patience...
Did i help you? Click that +Rep

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the sig!
orochinagi
<Member>
orochinagi's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 24, 2011 5:41am | Report
DEWO wrote:

Edit Make sure it is good and interesting.

Update it frequently, and just wait... If it will be worth it, it will get the scores. Be helpfull in comments and active.

Patience...

Was about to say the same... it's pointless to do a long guide if it's filled with trash. Make sure most information there is useful to clear out possible doubts and/or answer to possible questions.

Quality>Quantity

Side-note: adding it to your signature is a good idea... just don't do the same as I did (broken link -_-)
50. Most importantly, yes, they Have Baron warded. No, I don't want to go for him at the moment.
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 24, 2011 5:55pm | Report
long w/a lot of GOOD info*

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Trophycase
<Editor>
Trophycase's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 24, 2011 6:36pm | Report
I am also having a similar issue. It is very difficult to get views. Especially when another build of the same champion comes out 2 days after yours and gets the recommendation XD
Check out my Swain, Taric, and Ashe guides!
No guides currently in progress!
If I helped you at all, give me a +Rep please, thanks!
Also check out my stream!
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 24, 2011 6:53pm | Report
top their's and show people :)

1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide