Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

How do I get people to vote on my guide?

Creator: spedgamer October 17, 2011 11:24pm
1 2
spedgamer
<Member>
spedgamer's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 17, 2011 11:24pm | Report
It has been up for a week and i have over 4000 views, but only 8 votes. Is that normal?

Edit, I'm not trying to advertise or anything, just wondering if there is some kind of magical juice i need to pump into it to get people to pull the trigger finger. I need an expert@! :D
M3ATL0V3R
<Member>
M3ATL0V3R's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 17, 2011 11:56pm | Report
Comment and vote on other guides, dont just spam either actually take the time to read and reflect and give your opinion on the guide and how it can be improved/what you like. What goes around comes around? Also another way to get more attention is to put more work into your guide to make it better so more people enjoy it and vote on it. I personally dont care too much about my views and rating I like to improve ther peoples gameplay through my guide and in turn I improve as well. 8 votes is alot,my guide has been up for a week and has 4000+ views and i only have 3 ratings... but i guess people are more interested in new characters and again I dont really care lol.
NinjaGinge
<Editor>
NinjaGinge's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 18, 2011 12:00am | Report
short version:

yeah that's normal.
Thanks goes to JEFFY40HANDS for a gorgeous Karma sig
Hey, you should help me on acquiring Medieval Twitch!! :D
http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=507f1031d2ab3250817727
spedgamer
<Member>
spedgamer's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 18, 2011 12:01am | Report
M3ATL0V3R wrote:

Comment and vote on other guides, dont just spam either actually take the time to read and reflect and give your opinion on the guide and how it can be improved/what you like. What goes around comes around? Also another way to get more attention is to put more work into your guide to make it better so more people enjoy it and vote on it. I personally dont care too much about my views and rating I like to improve ther peoples gameplay through my guide and in turn I improve as well. 8 votes is alot,my guide has been up for a week and has 4000+ views and i only have 3 ratings... but i guess people are more interested in new characters and again I dont really care lol.

well, i guess 8 is more than 3...I really don't care about the score as much as the input and insight that other players can bring me in playing a champion. I've learned so much just in writing the guide in the first place. I think your first suggestion is the best though, i need to vote more myself.
IceCreamy
<Veteran>
IceCreamy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 18, 2011 1:09am | Report
1. Comment and vote on other guides.
2. If you played a game with a champion, and it went well, put the link to your guide in the chat.
3. Put links to your guide(s) in your signature and be active on forums - one time people will click it randomly :P

THat's what I do, other tips are welcome ofc ^^

DuffTime wrote:
ok ok plz carry me omg
i was only waiting for you to ask

Temzilla wrote:
Too hot to be icecream.

Luther3000 wrote:
He looks like a hair gel advert on legs

Toshabi wrote:
Icecreamy, with hair as slick and smooth as the ocean waves of Cocobana
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 18, 2011 1:15am | Report
Another thing to add. If you're not intent on having it out for a long time, release it when the champ comes on free week.

If you would have released it like, now instead of a while ago, it would have a lot more traffic.

Thank you to jhoijhoi for the sig, and all the dividers in the guide.

JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 18, 2011 1:53am | Report
1. Patience
2. Keep playing the champion in queue
3. Patience
4. Update your guide with findings from said games you played
5. Patience
6. Spellcheck your guide
7. And, what else am I forgetting... Oh yeah: Patience.

edit:

@Lugignaf:

Free week doesn't encourage traffic on new champion guides, it encourages traffic on top-ranking champion guides.
Better to release it whenever, so it can build for ratings and actually be in a position to receive that free-week traffic.

In short, patience.
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
Icuonuez
<Member>
Icuonuez's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 18, 2011 1:53am | Report
Lugignaf wrote:

Another thing to add. If you're not intent on having it out for a long time, release it when the champ comes on free week.

If you would have released it like, now instead of a while ago, it would have a lot more traffic.

This can happen, but don't think of it as a surefire way to get your guide voted on. I put my Leona guide up the day after she hit freeweek, and I only have 5 votes. She is an underplayed champion though..

Special thanks to Keondre for the sig!

Due to inactivity, I am no longer reviewing guides. Sorry guys :(
spedgamer
<Member>
spedgamer's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 18, 2011 2:00am | Report
All good ideas, I think the best is to just be active in the community.
divic
<Member>
divic's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 18, 2011 2:32am | Report
-Interesting name is getting people to look the guide and if its getting popular -> snowballing happens.
-People probably hate that comment for vote -system, at least I hate it :P and at least that system will reduce votes. There is no doubt.

edit: and you btw fixed that quint-error, somehow if build is fail you'll vote no or if you are polite you won't vote at all.
In ranked games i try to use modern strategies, I have played for example Annie-support a year before it came famous.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide