Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Lvl 12 woes- how to build WITHOUT RUNES

Creator: Knigrowedamus October 25, 2011 12:25pm
1 2 3
Knigrowedamus
<Member>
Knigrowedamus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 25, 2011 12:25pm | Report
Hello all.
A friend of mine intoduced me to l.o.l
I LOVE IT.
im a former diablo 2 player. This games is a mixture of d2 and wow i guess.
Im having a small problem however.
I play anne, morgana, and akali. There are so many guides here on all champs, but it seems that they all cater to lvl 30 summoners :(
Im lvl, im saving my IP For lvl 20, where ruins, gliphs etc are more worth while.
Lets take akali for example. There is a guide about here called the epitome of the assassin.
She is built to have 50 ap from lvl with runes. I dont have any.
The problem is that id have to start with an amplifying tome out the gate leaving me slow.
Then i buy boots, health potions, then hex revolver.
At that point im lvl 6 and could start asistin or ganking, but i have no Ap. Dominion goes too fast and i often fall behind due to lack of cash. S.r is a little better, BUT i wil get outlaned due to lack of ap.
So here is what i do.
In s.r. I build amp tome-boots of speed, 3 more amp tomes-hex revolver- raliys rod-
At the point, im behind, no matter how i well i last hit farm, and pick up a couple kills.
If not, inbuild litch blade- deathcap- fimish the hex gunblade, and if the game is still going, abyss rod.
On a good game, i go 10/4/6
Bad game2/10/5
I just dont do enough damage i duuno.
I play her i. 3v3 treeline, 5v5 summoners rift, and dominion.
Thank you guys!
Knigrowedamus
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 25, 2011 12:45pm | Report
Also, here is my general gameplan
Lvl1-8 farm a lane, solo top or mid
8-12 jungle for buff
12-18 push and gank
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 25, 2011 1:16pm | Report
The thing about Akali is, she is built for level 30. Pre-runes, she's a bit worthless.

At level 12-25, just focus on somewhat simpler champions. Take the item builds and not the rune or mastery builds.

Thank you to jhoijhoi for the sig, and all the dividers in the guide.

Max Carter
<Member>
Max Carter's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 25, 2011 1:16pm | Report
abot sumonners rift:

Hã, why would you jungle? Just get mid with morg and annie... akali IDK
Farm a lot early game, when the turrets start being pushed start to fight, but if you can, keep farming... for your level, probably 100 farm is awesome '-' if you reach 200 is a huge farm (at least compared to my games)

Masteries, I think you should get 9 on offense for magic penetration, them get utility three [:
Thx for Nyoike for this sig! Tanks FTW s2
GrimmFate
<Member>
GrimmFate's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 25, 2011 1:23pm | Report

Also, here is my general gameplan
Lvl1-8 farm a lane, solo top or mid
8-12 jungle for buff
12-18 push and gank

level 1-8 is farming and pushing a lane, if you have a good partner you can get a tower down within this time.

level 8-12 you should be ganking, roaming if you have to, helping push lanes (Unless the laning phase isn't over) And you really only need red buff for your ganks, Blue helps out but not near as much.

level 12-18 You should be doing the same thing as 8-12, although by now teamfights will have started (Or should have) So, don't go rambo. And don't go off by yourself even to gank another player that LOOKS like he's alone unless he is extremely over extended.

And what Max said is true, you shouldn't be jungling on Akali other than grabbing your read/stealing their buffs/dragon

What other champs do you play?
Bryun
<Magic Man>
Bryun's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 25, 2011 1:57pm | Report

Hello all.
A friend of mine intoduced me to l.o.l
I LOVE IT.
im a former diablo 2 player. This games is a mixture of d2 and wow i guess.
Im having a small problem however.
I play anne, morgana, and akali. There are so many guides here on all champs, but it seems that they all cater to lvl 30 summoners :(
Im lvl, im saving my IP For lvl 20, where ruins, gliphs etc are more worth while.
Lets take akali for example. There is a guide about here called the epitome of the assassin.
She is built to have 50 ap from lvl with runes. I dont have any.
The problem is that id have to start with an amplifying tome out the gate leaving me slow.
Then i buy boots, health potions, then hex revolver.
At that point im lvl 6 and could start asistin or ganking, but i have no Ap. Dominion goes too fast and i often fall behind due to lack of cash. S.r is a little better, BUT i wil get outlaned due to lack of ap.
So here is what i do.
In s.r. I build amp tome-boots of speed, 3 more amp tomes-hex revolver- raliys rod-
At the point, im behind, no matter how i well i last hit farm, and pick up a couple kills.
If not, inbuild litch blade- deathcap- fimish the hex gunblade, and if the game is still going, abyss rod.
On a good game, i go 10/4/6
Bad game2/10/5
I just dont do enough damage i duuno.
I play her i. 3v3 treeline, 5v5 summoners rift, and dominion.
Thank you guys!

Hi I'm the creator of that guide.
I don't know if you noticed, but I do have different starting items for activating at least one passive up front. Doran's Blade, Long Sword 1 Health Potion, for the spell vamp. passive, and Amplifying Tome 1 Health Potion for the magic passive.

EDIT: I see you go Amplifying Tome, if this gives you trouble just try the others.

Starting out early you should go into Doran's Blade, unless you have trouble with getting out-harassed Long Sword 1 Health Potion.

Take level one Mark of the Assassin and start farming up minions with it, or by simply auto-attacking it. Here's level two, Twilight Shroud now you have stealth. If you can zone correctly by using Twilight Shroud and harass with Mark of the Assassin they should be wary of you every single time you place a Twilight Shroud down. Since you're level 12, you should be placed with other champions around your level, they have the same problem as you; no runes/masteries, so even if it's not as much you'll still be dealing decent damage to them. Do this process until level 6. Here's where I disagree with lugignaf, she's still viable in low level play, if you can play her right. People think "ok I have her skill combo down, she's ezpz". NAAAAAAH, when to go in and fight, Twilight Shroud timing, Shadow Dance counts, positioning, energy level consumption, pre-determined escape routes, all contribute to a good Akali it's not only shroud and I'm home free. Here's your problem, since you leave to go assisting and ganking you are wasting time losing precious experience and gold. If you know you can ensure that kill when leaving, or you already took your lanes tower, totally go for it. But otherwise no, farm it up. People who say Akali shouldn't farm because she's an assassin should un-install. Top-Lane/Mid you're alone, take advantage of it, deny the enemy, farm, and conquer. Levels 13-18 basically you should still farm, but participate in team fights, pick off straggles, ward excessively, and push lanes.

All I can say is, you're level 12 and you still may need practice on her. I play Akali on my smurf (level 5-7?) and I still carry games with her. Early levels: runes/masteries don't really matter cause no one else has it either.

If you need anymore help, just message me.

EDIT #2: WTF?? 8-12 jungling for buff? I suggest you read my guide over again. The only good thing about jungling is for the red, and if you happen to pass by a neutral creep switching lanes, take it. But not for 4 levels, no wonder you're behind in AP x.x..

Joobieo#41288
<Member>
Joobieo#41288's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 25, 2011 2:52pm | Report
Just try every champion out you can until your level 30 , don't rush trying to master one guy because later on this will only hurt you not help you.
Current Solo Q Elo = 1405+
Active United States Marine
Malzahar - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
Kassadin - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
Knigrowedamus
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 25, 2011 2:59pm | Report
thankyou all for your prompt replies!!!!! :D
i may just give her up till im lvl 20
the thing is , people my lvl are f@#%king stupid im sorry.
out of 10 games, i playh 2 with good teams where we discuus champs and tactics, not just people picking thier favorite" imma try and stack kills with master yi and tyranamere" gameplay.
i do play morgana but its ketting boring.
when i play annie, everyone LOOKS for me and tried to kill me because of my high burst/ap build.
im not an expert, but i do know how to fill my role on an orgainzed tream.

also, i cant spell :P
GrimmFate
<Member>
GrimmFate's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 25, 2011 3:06pm | Report

the thing is , people my lvl are f@#%king stupid im sorry.

Oh dear..... Ohh dear....

You think.... it gets better?

Oh my..No... It only get worse..

Like I said in the QQ thread awhile there are 3 or 4 people I play with all the time, and that's because out of the 100's of people in my friends list They to me, are not idiots, I can have fun playing with them AND still win games.

And the randoms only get worse... You best be finding yourself one or two people at the very mimimum to start playing with
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 25, 2011 3:11pm | Report
Here's how you win games with Akali.

You farm all game. If you farm well enough, and 2 people gank you, you kill them or escape with shroud. After that, you get a pentakill when you please and win the game.

Even if it's 1 v 5 you should be able to do better and carry the game.

1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide