Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Newbie Downvoters

Creator: Moric Koschuken August 9, 2011 6:40pm
1 2 3
Moric Koschuken
<Member>
Moric Koschuken's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2011 6:40pm | Report
I know I'm not exactly a veteran here, but I think that new members should possibly need to wait before being able to vote down guides. I've only just written my first one, and I've seen that the two people that voted it down have only 5 posts [one of them posted his downvote as his first vote] and the upvote was from someone with over 400 posts. This is especially important for an unconventional build like my DPS Morgana. Something should be done to keep newbies from stomping all over creative concepts like that.
For Pony.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2011 6:45pm | Report
Well, here's the thing. An opinion is just that, an opinion. By forcing people to wait a while before they vote/comment it's, in effect, not giving free speech.
Also, it's been suggested before. People will still make alts. They'll just let them sit a while.
True love is found only in yourself.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2011 6:50pm | Report
There was the discussion of making people wait until they posted guides as well. Would you have been appreciative if you couldn't post a guide until you had 400 posts? ;)
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by me ♡
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2011 6:54pm | Report
There's also the argument that we get a ton of new users who just make an account to vote on a guide/ ask a question on the forums.
I think you shouldn't be able to comment on a guide until you have 15 posts. Also, you can't comment on a build until you have 1 post. You can't post on the forums unless you have one post as well. That should solve things!
Sig courtesy of GrandmasterD. Go get your own sig from them. :D
deathalo44
<Member>
deathalo44's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2011 8:24pm | Report
Lugignaf wrote:

There's also the argument that we get a ton of new users who just make an account to vote on a guide/ ask a question on the forums.
I think you shouldn't be able to comment on a guide until you have 15 posts. Also, you can't comment on a build until you have 1 post. You can't post on the forums unless you have one post as well. That should solve things!

Well then, where do you get your 1st vote? 0.o

Anyway back to the question

Most people, seeing something totally off their point, will think its ****. They just didn't test it. From basic viewing of your guide, I think building a standard DPS for Morg isn't that good, which is probably what everyone else there thinks. Well, you have to show your skills more, play with level 30s more and make more people know of your DPS Morgana, and so they WILL support and not say **** where it sucks etc.

PS : With no AD ratios, I don't think its that awesome. No skills boost her autoattacking abilities. Her base stats also is not that good, leaning towards the AP side.
Amumu Guide :D

Eve guide :D

Hope whatever I say helps! :D

PS : Not all my criticism is good. Most of the time, I just talk like that anyway. So forgive me if you get offended, unless you just can't look from my angle, or at least close enough.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2011 1:41am | Report
DPS Morg is ****, just trust me on this..
""Toshabi took thy **** and strucketh Hotshot in his face 'thou art no god'" Toshabi 3:16" - Toshabi

"And then, TheJohn said something so Brazilian that it made all the Brazilians in Brazil turn to look at him" - Toshabi

"abloobloo ur triggering me" - Toshabi
ShadowNet
<Editor>
ShadowNet's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2011 4:19am | Report
AD Annie would be better, I think I'll actually try the build tho, hope its not something like AP Urgot.
Siveo
<Member>
Siveo's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2011 1:36pm | Report
Searz wrote:

DPS Morg is ****, just trust me on this..

And from what people told me: Searz is the one to trust ;)
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2011 1:57pm | Report
Good to hear :)
"I walked up to her big butt and asked her *** butt what." - Lil Wayne, lyrical genius

"I can't decide where I stand on abortion, on one hand it is killing children, on the other it gives women a choice." - ???
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2011 4:32pm | Report
Except for sometimes :P

@OP: There's not much you can do about that, ESPECIALLY with unorthodox builds. Though remember that more votes=less impactful downvotes. Make yourself known on the forums and in game and you'll earn some more upvotes to compensate.
Thanks to Jovy for the sig!
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide