Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Not Requiring Comment Issue

Creator: Dremu April 14, 2011 5:46am
1 2 3 4
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2011 4:08am | Report
Is it even possible to get 100% o-o

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2011 4:17am | Report
I believe there is. Dont know the exact number of votes required to get this. But there has to be a fixed amount that will give you 100%, the issue is that you cant get ANY downvote untill you reach that number (it could be set to 100-200-over9000)
Did i help you? Click that +Rep

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the sig!
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2011 4:27am | Report
SpicyRice wrote:

people care about their score because they've put in a lot of effort and for someone to dismiss it without saying why... it's irritating

i agree that more accounts would be made if you tried to solve it by banning voting on a downvoter's builds. fair enough.

i would like to think that it is enough of an inconvenience to make a new account to revenge vote, but they could of course have a "smurf revenge account" for...

i don't agree that it comes down to censoring opinions; if anything it's the opposite - if someone doesn't have enough of an opinion to write it when a textbox comes up, then they don't have enough of a reason to downvote...

thoughts?

I just created a guide

DOWNVOTE EVERY BUILD ON THE SITE

TOTAL IMMUNITY

Flawed plan.
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
ShadowReign757
<Member>
ShadowReign757's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2011 4:38am | Report
I'm just gonna copy and paste what I wrote on a different thread, I'm pretty sure it applies here as well.

Hell my WW guide went from 90% to 83%, and I don't really care. Nothing is more important than giving something to the community, regardless of scores.

One of the biggest things c2v did was give guides a very false rating. People are so paranoid about revenge voting that they would simply refuse to downvote. Sure people still did, but there were many, many people who no doubt veered away from downvoting a bad guide simply because they were afraid to. Therefore, all it accomplished was silencing the community. It doesn't matter if it is a troll vote with no comment or not, when the community wants to downvote, it should be downvoted. The minute that 1 person wants to downvote, but is scared to, the guide achieves a false score. 85% was supposed to be an accomplishment, not an everyday thing.

This system is by far the best there has been. Guides are given the necessary protection early on, but then once they have a solid amount of votes, the community can take over as a whole and put the guide at the rating that THEY see fit, not what the author wants it to be. Troll votes are a very necessary part of this community, and this system reflects that by letting them have an opinion too. Just not so early that it destroys the rating.

Bravery is being the only one who knows you're afraid.

Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2011 5:50am | Report
ShadowReign, if you see a thread complaining about me quoting every single one of your word when I reply to reports, take it as a compliment. Lol.
ShadowReign757
<Member>
ShadowReign757's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2011 5:57am | Report
Lol, sure thing Scrax.

Teamwork is essential. It gives the enemy someone else to shoot at.

1 2 3 4

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide