Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

RE: Not Requiring Comment Issue - "I AIN'T EVEN...

Creator: JunSupport April 14, 2011 6:07pm
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2011 5:11pm | Report
Troll votes help give the guides achieve a score they truly deserve, but only if they're spread out. If not new guides won't have enough votes to counter those few troll votes given by the competition , and it will pose a problem.

Apart from that, I don't see a problem. The better guides will always come out on top. The way I see it, everyone will suffer from the down votes, so all it will do is make them closer to the average, not change their relative position.
SpicyRice
<Member>
SpicyRice's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2011 6:48pm | Report
Canoas wrote:

The way I see it, everyone will suffer from the down votes, so all it will do is make them closer to the average, not change their relative position.

mmmmm i show in my above post that relative position does change depending on the age of the guides...
JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2011 7:04pm | Report
@SpicyRice:

When normal deserved downvotes are accounted for, good guides rise, bad guides fall, all guides sink closer to their true rating.
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
Sacull_Kinslayer
<Member>
Sacull_Kinslayer's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2011 9:30pm | Report
JunSupport wrote:

Negativity Bias negates this statement.

People are actively more attentive to negative or threatening information. From an evolutionary standpoint this is logical, because ignoring a threat can mean death.
Trying to preach "I'm still happy" way of thinking won't help.

Better to make people understand that those downvotes are not a threat, rather then saying you'll tank the threat.

They are not a threat. By the sheer lack of reasoning they are not. But the ultimate goal behind the guides is to help others. When offered a negative reason we respond with a logical and sound counter reason for our decision. From that discussion information can be obtained from both sides of the argument and a solid and informed decision can be made. I have altered many of the things I do thanks to negative reinforcement. I am not perfect. I know that. And I am trying to improve and hopefully along the way I can help someone else as well.
Did I manage to assist you in any way? Hook me up by hitting that nifty +Rep button.

All guides have been archived due to my not being able to play LoL currently. The information is still there and is good but until I return they will be archived. I am able to keep them updated and current though.

Vladimir's Blood Resource. Designed for beginner's and beyond.
Vladimir's Blood Resource: Post Nerf Edition.
The Exemplar of Tanking: Jarvan IV .

Making a Guide by jhoijhoi This is everything you need to know about making a guide. Amazing.

...and Buffy staked Edward. The End.
JunSupport
<Veteran>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2011 9:43pm | Report

They are not a threat. By the sheer lack of reasoning they are not.

People's subconscious say otherwise. :P

If you feel negative emotions such as sadness, frustration, anger, spite, etc., towards any thing/object/person, you're marking them as a threat/negative influence.

People have different ways of dealing with it, but that's always after-the-fact
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
Sacull_Kinslayer
<Member>
Sacull_Kinslayer's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2011 9:17am | Report
Your equation follows the assumption that all people are the same. Not everyone sees things as you do. And some people can change over time.
Did I manage to assist you in any way? Hook me up by hitting that nifty +Rep button.

All guides have been archived due to my not being able to play LoL currently. The information is still there and is good but until I return they will be archived. I am able to keep them updated and current though.

Vladimir's Blood Resource. Designed for beginner's and beyond.
Vladimir's Blood Resource: Post Nerf Edition.
The Exemplar of Tanking: Jarvan IV .

Making a Guide by jhoijhoi This is everything you need to know about making a guide. Amazing.

...and Buffy staked Edward. The End.
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2011 10:14am | Report
The problem is that most people don't change and that there are too many complaints about the system. Sure, you may have that mindset, but most guidemakers on this site do not.
JunSupport
<Veteran>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2011 10:55am | Report

Your equation follows the assumption that all people are the same. Not everyone sees things as you do. And some people can change over time.

As I said, people have "different ways of dealing with it" - That's what makes people different.

But that's always "after-the-fact" that they recognized something as a threat.
Whether it be rationalize, re-conceptualize, retaliate, etc., a person must initially perceive it at something they don't want to accept.

People (mostly; excluding autistics, etc..) are all the same in recognizing negativity.
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>

Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2011 12:20pm | Report
I got a new idea. What if people who have a guide with the same champion can't vote on that champion's guides? That way new guides aren't that affected by the competition.
Everyone already knows what they think about that build, they have a guide themselves. A vote on their behalf wouldn't do much good.
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2011 12:24pm | Report
That's been suggested a couple of thousand times already :) It all boils down to; "will it censor the community?".

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide