Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Soooo....

Creator: RCIX March 26, 2012 1:13pm
19 posts - page 2 of 2
1 2
RCIX
<Member>
RCIX's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 28, 2012 2:51pm | Report
And I don't get why. I look at Duff's builds and I see a ton of babbling on (no offense) about how you discovered the technique and how awesome it is, then some minisections on matchups and items and junk (with very little formatting to boot). If you look at my guides, I spend a ton of time covering EVERY aspect of the champion, and thoroughly explain every single choice I make. I also go to the trouble of formatting it well. Why is my guide unimpressive but yours is omg must upvote nao?

If one of the most popular members with a ton of influence is going to give a downvote because I make non-conventional choices in my item paths, even when I explain out why I chose them, then this site really does deserve the reputation it has.
Nasus says hi
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 29, 2012 8:34am | Report
And yet alone the fact that you talk like this makes you look pretty ill minded (same level as Duff but in another way) without the right to ***** at all...

But hey, keep going on whinning about how much time you spent, how brilliant you are, how great your guide is and that you don't get the credit you deserve.

Yadayada, blabla tl;dr: You've earned it.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 29, 2012 11:29am | Report
No offense taken. We're speaking on equal terms here, guide maker to guide maker.

I mean the fact is, the BUILDS are where I think the problem lies. It doesn't matter how in depth the guides are or why you think that the builds are good, because the public eye doesn't agree. I also don't agree with your builds.

I've always said it's possible to make a good guide about a bad build, and I think you've done that. Again, I'm not trying to offend you either, this is just my personal perception. When I look at those guides, I see the build and don't even bother to read. I would never use that Talon build, for example.

If you're gonna go 3 BT Talon, pick up a GA. There's also interesting options like Maw now and whatnot that could add some survivability to what is an unrealistically glass cannon build even for an assassin.
Spartan9797
<Member>
Spartan9797's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 29, 2012 2:06pm | Report
Darcurse wrote:

And yet alone the fact that you talk like this makes you look pretty ill minded (same level as Duff but in another way) without the right to ***** at all...

But hey, keep going on whinning about how much time you spent, how brilliant you are, how great your guide is and that you don't get the credit you deserve.

Yadayada, blabla tl;dr: You've earned it.

Duff is ill minded? Never heard that before lol.

_██_
(ಠ_ృ)
RCIX
<Member>
RCIX's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 29, 2012 2:44pm | Report
DuffTime wrote:

No offense taken. We're speaking on equal terms here, guide maker to guide maker.

I mean the fact is, the BUILDS are where I think the problem lies. It doesn't matter how in depth the guides are or why you think that the builds are good, because the public eye doesn't agree. I also don't agree with your builds.

I've always said it's possible to make a good guide about a bad build, and I think you've done that. Again, I'm not trying to offend you either, this is just my personal perception. When I look at those guides, I see the build and don't even bother to read. I would never use that Talon build, for example.

If you're gonna go 3 BT Talon, pick up a GA. There's also interesting options like Maw now and whatnot that could add some survivability to what is an unrealistically glass cannon build even for an assassin.

See now, this I can use >.> Not just a comment to the effect of "that doesnt look that good" when I don't even know what you're referring to completely.

Working on an update that mixes up the build (tosses in maw as standard, really like that item now). The sad fact is that other than raw damage, you have 2 options for building Talon: AD carry, which isn't reliable enough for burst, and defenses, which flat out is bad on an assassin. In fact, I just tried to explain to one guy the other day that talon's sole job is to make someone explode with huge burst and run, but somehow he didn't get it -.-

As far as GA, I can try it in some games, but it's hard to fit it in there with everything else unless I sacrifice more damage. I'd have to drop the Shurelya's (sacrificing very useful sustain stats, AoE speedboost active, and CDR for the revive passive) or a BT (dropping ~650 damage worth of burst).

*ignores DerpCurse*
My guides:
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 29, 2012 3:00pm | Report
I think your guides are trying to say too much. Try and look for sections that can be deleted. Also, try and watch some high elo streams or read some high elo guides about Fiora and see if your reasonings agree with the pros.

Sometimes the pros may say something silly like, "I don't grab Summoner's Wrath when I get Ignite because it's worthless" - but when you look at it, if you use Ignite even once in the game you get free AP, the same about of AP that you get with 4 points in another talent.

But most of the time they're right, and they should be able to point you in the correct direction for your builds.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by me ♡
Beeswarm17
<Member>
Beeswarm17's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 29, 2012 3:36pm | Report
Ever tried to kill a Katarina with warmog's? I have. Survivable assassins are a pain in the ***. Get a little bit tanky, and you'll deal more damage overall because you'll be dying less.

It's not a bad idea.
RCIX
<Member>
RCIX's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 29, 2012 4:00pm | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

I think your guides are trying to say too much. Try and look for sections that can be deleted. Also, try and watch some high elo streams or read some high elo guides about Fiora and see if your reasonings agree with the pros.

Sometimes the pros may say something silly like, "I don't grab Summoner's Wrath when I get Ignite because it's worthless" - but when you look at it, if you use Ignite even once in the game you get free AP, the same about of AP that you get with 4 points in another talent.

But most of the time they're right, and they should be able to point you in the correct direction for your builds.

I'm looking at my Talon guide and I don't see any sections at all I can cut -- you'll need to be more specific. I mean, maybe I could drop the sample builds section, but that's it.

And with my Fiora guide, something similar there - I need almost everything, save maybe the champion profile section and the sample builds.
Nasus says hi
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 30, 2012 10:25am | Report
RCIX wrote:

See now, this I can use >.> Not just a comment to the effect of "that doesnt look that good" when I don't even know what you're referring to completely.

Working on an update that mixes up the build (tosses in maw as standard, really like that item now). The sad fact is that other than raw damage, you have 2 options for building Talon: AD carry, which isn't reliable enough for burst, and defenses, which flat out is bad on an assassin. In fact, I just tried to explain to one guy the other day that talon's sole job is to make someone explode with huge burst and run, but somehow he didn't get it -.-

As far as GA, I can try it in some games, but it's hard to fit it in there with everything else unless I sacrifice more damage. I'd have to drop the Shurelya's (sacrificing very useful sustain stats, AoE speedboost active, and CDR for the revive passive) or a BT (dropping ~650 damage worth of burst).

Yap.

I think CDR boots BT Maw GA BT BT Talon sounds perty kewlio.
Beeswarm17 wrote:

Ever tried to kill a Katarina with warmog's? I have.

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLAWL.

<3
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide