Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

The coding lab: how to make your ideas come to...

Creator: Chromuro August 12, 2018 9:05am
Chromuro
<Brawler>
Chromuro's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 12, 2018 9:05am | Report
Ever wondered how some guide maker built some beautiful section? Did it happen that you had a great, revolutionary idea that could make your guide 100 times better, but you don't know how to do it? Well, my friend, you have come to the wrong thread!

Wait what? That's the purpose of the thread? Nobody warned me about it, I thought I could shamelessy plug my guides in here and then run away. Ok, ok, stop it, I'll do it.

UHHH
I was joking, this is the right thread! That's funny!

Let's get down to business. In here I will take every request involving coding in BBCode, it could be just fixing some mistakes or helping you to craft the perfect section. A quick rundown of what services I offer:

What I can do:
  • Fix guides: if your guide has a strange behavior, I can help fix it (if I can, if it's a bug obviously I can't solve it and you should open a thread on the site support)
  • Help coding: as I stated before if you have an idea (maybe you saw some cool things on another guide and now you want it in your guide too) I can help you with the code
  • Coding lessons: some of the tags are unclear on how they work (most commonly columns and tables)? I will gladly explain to you how everything works.
What I could do:
  • Complete editing of your guide: I never edited someone else's guide until now, but maybe under certain conditions I could do it, I don't know.
  • Help you improve your guide: if you ask me simply an opinion about what's better (about content or aesthetics), I can give you my two cents on it, but you have to expect answers like "I don't know" or "What you prefer the most".
What I won't do:
  • Review your guide: this connects to the last point of the previous column. I have neither the skills nor the knowledge to judge a guide in its entirety. I don't know what is best on every champion or what could make your guide better. There are other threads made for this purpose.
  • Graphics: trust me, you don't want banners or custom ToC made by me. I made them on one of my guides and I think they are terrible. Do yourself a favor and go to the artist's corner section.

I'm open to every kind of request if what you want isn't on the previous list, then try to ask it and I'll tell you if I'll do it or not.
Don't worry if you are new to guide making or if you are already well established in the community, this service is open to anyone, but I expect only one thing: you must have read the BBCode guide, at least its basic tags. I won't sit here and explain how to make a word bold, underlined or italic.
I will reply to your request via PM or with a comment on your guide, obviously it depends on the request.

DISCLAIMER!
I'm a human and I can make mistakes too, so don't get frustrated if something goes wrong (even because BBCode is a subgroup of HTML code and it could not have all the properties or have some strange ones). I know a good amount of things, but I don't know ALL of them, so if I don't know something you'll have to wait that I do my research or answers like "I don't know right now".

The request (for organization's sake) should follow this module:
  • Request: what would you like me to do
  • Link to your guide: (optional) if I have to look at your guide for whatever reason
  • Link to the reference: (optional) if I have to look at some kind of reference (the most common possibility is an another guide)

If you want, you can have some starting references with my guides

Perfect, now my guides have free advertising and I can go home. What do you mean that now I have to help them too? Ugh, I hate you

list of satisfied clients

The requests are now
OPEN!

Credits to Jovy!
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 13, 2018 4:51pm | Report
I like this.
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 13, 2018 11:50pm | Report
Very cool! Keep up the great work :) Hope you get some customers soon!
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by me ♡

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide