Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Veigar help please?

Creator: Aeacus11 April 3, 2011 1:40pm
Aeacus11
<Member>
Aeacus11's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 3, 2011 1:40pm | Report
Hey guys, still pretty new to LoL, finally moved off of Master Yi to try a new champ: Veigar. I have played 4 games with him now, and finally went 9/2/7 last game with him, starting to get the hang of it. I have read a BUNCH of the guides on Veigar, but there seems to be some pretty serious disagreement about what to get for him. Can anyone give me a GOOD, solid, list of items that I should get as Veigar? Right now, I do something like this:

Meki's Pendant
Tear of the Goddess
Sorceror's Boots
Rylai's Scepter
Rabadon's Deathcap

One thing I notice is that alot of the guides call for many more items than I can typically afford before the end of the game. I assume that at higher levels games last longer? Anyway, I'm just looking for a basic item build for Veigar. Any help can would be appreciated. I know there are a ton of guides, but I read alot of these threads, and find them very useful. Thanks!
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 3, 2011 2:12pm | Report
Yes, higher level games do last longer. That's pretty good what you have going on there. Maybe switch your Deathcap to an Archangel's Staff. You're not getting much AP off the Deathcap right now.
P.S. What's your average game time?
True love is found only in yourself.
Dremu
<Member>
Dremu's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 3, 2011 2:23pm | Report
I wouldn't want to give out my build for Veigar but if you don't believe it works, Check my Match History (I main him)

Start off with Doran's Ring.
Head back for Boots and 2x health pots. turn this into Sorcerer's Shoes after Deathfire.
Start building Deathfire Grasp (always remember you have the ability on it)
Afterwards build Rabadon's Deathcap or Abyssal Mask Either one first but always get them both
Then Void Staff Now sell Doran's ring for a second Rabadon's Deathcap or get an archangel's personally though I like Rabadons but you can also build a Mejai's if the game is going very well, if doing this I suggest after boots of speed for early building.

Flash and Clarity are my summoner spells.
Aeacus11
<Member>
Aeacus11's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 3, 2011 2:36pm | Report
Hey thanks for the responses!! Typically about 30-40 minute games.
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 3, 2011 3:11pm | Report
Guides and builds generally provide 6 items, considering the game drags out that long (some but not most do).

That doesn't mean if you don't get all 6 items it is bad, it is just in case you have a long enough game.

Dremu's build sounds pretty nice, one thing though: why clarity, your passive lets you regen mana so quickly, take a more useful spell for him, such as ghost, since ghost + flash is great on a champ with no natural escape mechanisms, such as Ashe and Veigar.

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Dremu
<Member>
Dremu's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 3, 2011 3:13pm | Report
Because, I'm aggressive and lose my mana quickly for the fact as I am mid always and farm with Q nonstop, Then I use E and lose all my mana so I need it right away for the kill and pop that then ulti Q, I W after my E of course (forgot the mention that) they usually die. Clarity is very vital for me to stay in lane as long as possible when farming AP as well as getting my quadras.
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 3, 2011 3:26pm | Report
Ah, I suppose.

Although, waiting like one minute and just standard attacking when you are oom will regen a good portion of your mana back.

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
CaptCrit
<Member>
CaptCrit's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 4, 2011 9:44am | Report
Your build looks good right now. Like Lugignaf said though, you might want to get Archangel's Staff before Rabadon's because you will benefit more early game. After that though, getting Rabadon's is a huge boost.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide