Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's final Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Welcome to the new Builds and Guides forum topic!

Creator: Matt December 21, 2010 3:18am
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 8, 2011 9:09pm | Report
Gerulfman wrote:

I made a build for Renekton on January 20th and it is published, yet when i look at the builds for him, I do not see mine on the list. I was wondering why that is, like if I need to do something else to it that makes it show up or something. here is the link in case you need to look at it, http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/renekton-and-his-bloody-glaive-51977

I entered the document in Word and it seems like you're just barely under the 5,000 character limit. For a build to be called a guide and to appear on the guide list, it needs to be over 5,000 characters long.
Gerulfman
<Member>
Gerulfman's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 8, 2011 9:38pm | Report
oh ok thanks for the info Jebus.
Mordekaiser/Rammus/Vladimir/Karthus/Galio are my mains, but I also play Garen/Swain/Sion/Dr.Mundo from time to time.

P.S. feel free to check my guides out, they are quite lacking in votes...

Renekton:
http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/renekton-and-his-bloody-glaive-51977

Mordekaiser:
http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/gerulfman-the-master-of-mordekaiser-56919
Miraisen
<Member>
Miraisen's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 9, 2011 11:27am | Report
Hello everyone. I'm completely new to mobafire, and I'm creating a guide at the moment. I'd just like to know, how long is too long for a guide here? I'm already at 10000 characters and I don't want it to get downvoted because people decide not to read the whole thing. Are there general guidelines about guides here?

Thanks for the help, and great site btw!

Miraisen
Miraisen - US
In ninjas we trust...
Chaotic Bliss
<Member>
Chaotic Bliss's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 9, 2011 11:56am | Report
Well basicly make it to the point, but if your guide isnt self explanitory(SP) you might have to go into a lil detail. Most people dont like to raed a wall of text, but if you add the important things and make it look good, you will get more votes.

As a vet, I look for clear and simple explaination of the guide and what it is suppose to do. I look for a clean guide too. Everything is in order and flows with little or no confusion. But basically keep it simple, clean, and only add things that viewers need to know.

NOTE: If you are making something that is untraditional, be sure to explain if it works solo que or in premade games. A simple fact, like that, can change the way people vote. Hope it helps

Links below lead to victory. Choose your path

Pillars of Justice

Seeds of Chaos

Open your minds

Skype me at: chaotic_bliss1
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 9, 2011 12:33pm | Report
Miraisen wrote:

Hello everyone. I'm completely new to mobafire, and I'm creating a guide at the moment. I'd just like to know, how long is too long for a guide here? I'm already at 10000 characters and I don't want it to get downvoted because people decide not to read the whole thing. Are there general guidelines about guides here?

Thanks for the help, and great site btw!

Miraisen

I think making the major sections (items, skills, masteries, runes explanations) should be short and sweet enough that the person can just skip to these sections lest the item build doesn't explain itself. For instance, if I see a build and I see an item that isn't completely self-explanitory, I'll skip to the item section and check to see what this person's view is on the item. Often times this will completely clarify my question and it'll be more than enough to up-vote. Don't get me wrong, you should never skimp on the rest of the guide, but if you're worried about keeping it short, just keep those sections clear, concise, and to the point and I doubt you'll have any problems. Another thing to do is make your item build in such a way to answer most questions about it at the top of your guide; for instance, if you buy a chainmail before abyssal scepter, don't just put a zhonya's hourglass after the abyssal scepter in the guide, actually create your item build to show exactly what items you buy first, condensing some things (like don't put amp tome> amp tome> vampiric scepter> pickaxe>hextech gunblade is you want to put that item in your build). Explaining everything is much better than explaining nothing, and will get you far more votes.
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
Miraisen
<Member>
Miraisen's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 10, 2011 9:13am | Report
Alright, thank you all for your insight. I'm gonna try and make it a little more concise and simple.
Miraisen - US
In ninjas we trust...
th3BlackAngel
<Member>
th3BlackAngel's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 6, 2011 1:48pm | Report
Hello, I'm kind of new to the build making ordeal, and wanted some feedback in order to make mine better. I'd appreciate it if the vets, or anyone with experience, would pinpoint what is wrong or what could be better in their opininon.

Thanks, heres the guide. -- http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/hybrid-panth-53291
Nidalee - Olympic Gold Medalist Guide <-- Recently Updated
Thanks to JEFFY40HANDS for this amazing sig

What People Look For In a Guide
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 6, 2011 1:58pm | Report
Black Angel, make your own topic. BUT!!! When you do this ask for SPECIFIC help. Read the rules of the forum. Asking things like "wanted some feedback" is too general and is considered build advertisement. Ask things like "is getting this item before this a good idea?" "how do you like the format of this section?" etc. If you can't ask those questions, don't make the thread though.
th3BlackAngel
<Member>
th3BlackAngel's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 6, 2011 2:01pm | Report
OK, thanks for the info... I'm really new to MOBA, and didn't really think that asking for help would be considered build advertisement. I just wanted to know if the build was too vague and needed more detail or if it was good as is.

Thanks though.
Nidalee - Olympic Gold Medalist Guide <-- Recently Updated
Thanks to AlexanPT for this amazing sig

What People Look For In a Guide
Wirrimee
<Member>
Wirrimee's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 10, 2011 9:57am | Report
Hi, I have a problem getting my icons to work properly. I`ve tried copy/paste on DEWOS template but a lot, most actually doesn`t do any effect when I hit save and view.. Is it because I haven`t published it yet or what??

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide