Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Point List

Creator: Mowen October 10, 2012 11:23am
101 posts - page 7 of 11
Aharan
<Video Contributor>
Aharan's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 1, 2013 8:55pm | Report
Fair enough.
Still, don't expect me to act in a completely civil manner when it seems like every time that Suffix hosts and plays, the team with Suffix will win devastatingly. To be honest, I'm probably done with inhouses if this is how things are going down. There is nothing to help people build on and help get better when they are better absolutely crushed by a single person. How can I learn to be a better player when the game is a pubstomp. That is what these inhouses devolve into. This is a personal problem and is entirely on how I see this subject, and I wish no harm or hate on those who play the inhouses. Just don't expect me to show up anymore.
Shuru
<Member>
Shuru's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2013 8:05am | Report
these inhouses only devolve into that because you don't let suffix fight who he wants to fight. Suffix and every other plat/diamond player we know and like has the right to play in inhouses. Usually Suffix goes into these things with an intention of going to lane vs a skilled player he knows, and from my experience, someone always takes that lane from the player suffix wants to fight.
Ban out GoodPlays GG
Fruyti
<Member>
Fruyti's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2013 8:33am | Report
You got the extra point for raging at your team.

Three points for rage quitting

3+1 = 4.

PS: Of course I would love to play against the higher skilled, but there weren't enough sign ups. Plus you knew I was going to mid, so you could've asked for a different role.
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2013 9:04am | Report
What do you mean you don't learn anything from playing against a higher skilled opponent?

I once played a game against bjergsens smurf, and even though he was 6/0/1 by 13 minutes, it was one of the most educational games i've had in some time.
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
Shuru
<Member>
Shuru's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2013 9:15am | Report
I've gotten stomped thousands of time in inhouses, but they help me improve quite a bit IMHO.
Ban out GoodPlays GG
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2013 9:22am | Report
Aharan wrote:

Fair enough.
Still, don't expect me to act in a completely civil manner when it seems like every time that Suffix hosts and plays, the team with Suffix will win devastatingly. To be honest, I'm probably done with inhouses if this is how things are going down. There is nothing to help people build on and help get better when they are better absolutely crushed by a single person. How can I learn to be a better player when the game is a pubstomp. That is what these inhouses devolve into. This is a personal problem and is entirely on how I see this subject, and I wish no harm or hate on those who play the inhouses. Just don't expect me to show up anymore.

It's not exactly an excuse to ragequit, I wasn't there so I'll stay away from this because I don't know what really happened, but I'd agree with you that inhouses have devolved tremendously. I think it's time to start splitting them up based on skill/wins again. It's not fair to the players who are vastly under the skill of the top players, and I don't think they are really enjoying themselves or learning anything.

Shuru wrote:

these inhouses only devolve into that because you don't let suffix fight who he wants to fight

This shouldn't be the case, you lock an entire position that a high elo player wants to play and you pretty much force lower skilled players into other positions despite what they want to play. I think it was last week when I played with 'Y U SO BAD' and he wanted top lane, we gave it to him, but he was up against Suffix. A bronze IV player with 200 wins against a diamond III player with over 2000 is a colossal difference in skill. I'm not faulting either player for what happened or playing, but this mentality basically would have said "okay suffix picked top, so you can't go there anymore Y U SO BAD."

I think suffix is a pretty exceptional host, better than the ones we've had in the past, but the score differentials indicate that there is a major skill gap between multiple players
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
Aharan
<Video Contributor>
Aharan's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2013 9:44am | Report
Mooninites wrote:

It's not exactly an excuse to ragequit, I wasn't there so I'll stay away from this because I don't know what really happened, but I'd agree with you that inhouses have devolved tremendously. I think it's time to start splitting them up based on skill/wins again. It's not fair to the players who are vastly under the skill of the top players, and I don't think they are really enjoying themselves or learning anything.

Shuru wrote:

these inhouses only devolve into that because you don't let suffix fight who he wants to fight

Mooninites wrote:

This shouldn't be the case, you lock an entire position that a high elo player wants to play and you pretty much force lower skilled players into other positions despite what they want to play. I think it was last week when I played with 'Y U SO BAD' and he wanted top lane, we gave it to him, but he was up against Suffix. A bronze IV player with 200 wins against a diamond III player with over 2000 is a colossal difference in skill. I'm not faulting either player for what happened or playing, but this mentality basically would have said "okay suffix picked top, so you can't go there anymore Y U SO BAD."

I think suffix is a pretty exceptional host, better than the ones we've had in the past, but the score differentials indicate that there is a major skill gap between multiple players

Summed up well.
It wasn't fair to my team that I raged. I could blame my rather **** day on it, but that's not an excuse. I'm sorry that I actually quit out.
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2013 9:49am | Report
We split them up when we have enough people to play 2 games, lowest 10 with lowest 10 and highest 10 with highest 10, but if we don't have enough people for 2 games then we simply don't have a way. Yesterday there was less people since it was a off-day.

We tried doing different skill brackets on different days, and while that might have been fun for the higher skill bracket the lower skill bracket got consistently screwed by never having enough people for a 10 man game.

We also need more hosts to consistently do 2 different games where we plan ahead to split them up, if we DID decide to do that. So you lazies need to stop being like "oh I'll host!" and just sign up to be a Ref! We could really use the help, Fruyti is the only consistent Ref for NA. Which by the way, instead of getting raffle tickets for the host raffle those that help host will get extra tickets for the player raffle from now on. You can only get in the host raffle if you are a referee.
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
Shuru
<Member>
Shuru's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2013 10:04am | Report
Moon is right though, it would be wrong to tell someone they can't go somewhere because suffix was going there. HOWEVER, suffix has on a few occasions made arrangements ahead of time for specific matchups with specific people where instead of that happening someone locks in his lane saying they want it. So in THOSE situations, it's that suffix wanted a matchup and a person, and it was agreed to, but someone just took it anyways.

However you are right in most situations, I mean, we can't just say "don't play here" just because a good player is there, skill gap or not.

Suffix is a GREAT host, he's very committed to it as well, but him being so strong does make for some difficulties sometimes. Where could I sign up to be a Ref Mowen? I'm not exactly that good at the game, but I wouldn't mind helping if i knew where to sign up.
Ban out GoodPlays GG
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2013 10:23am | Report
suffix, be badder at the game yo!
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide