Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Point List

Creator: Mowen October 10, 2012 11:23am
101 posts - page 9 of 11
Fruyti
<Member>
Fruyti's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 4, 2013 8:25pm | Report
Thanks for the suggestion, jhoi.

I'll try to give people advice the way you did - in a much more careful use of words, since whenever I try to help people sometimes, it comes off of arrogant or sarcastic most may say.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 5, 2013 1:44pm | Report
If you tell everyone at the beginning that you will be analysing their gameplay to help them improve, perhaps it won't be seen as arrogant. I know I have pissed people off by saying things like, "Rylai's doesn't stack, why have you got two!?!?" Instead of being confrontational like that, perhaps try and whisper them and say something like, "I just noticed your build. Unique Passives don't stack."

I don't know, I'm sure you'll figure it out ^^ I just know that I hate being stomped by the enemy team, but I'm happy to talk to them and figure out what went wrong and why. Often they'll say things I didn't know. Pre-30 I mained Ashe and had never really come across a Caitlyn before. We were bot lane and I was on about half-health. She harassed me a lot, getting me to about 100ish HP - I knew I'd survive another auto-attack because her damage was only around 70ish.

Except Headshot. So she killed me and I screamed in all chat, "WHAT A LUCKY CRIT WITH NO CRIT ITEMS" and the Cait said back, "Passive, Headshot." Now, I knew about her traps, her net, her Q and her ult, but had never thought about her passive before.

Whilst I was humiliated that I learnt something very important in all chat, from then on I noticed Caitlyn's animation change + sound when she had a charge going. Her answer didn't come off as arrogant or sarcastic in any way, just informative.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by owentheawesomer ♡
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 5, 2013 3:09pm | Report
i once got someone that was supposed to play support, i adc. he kept taking farm and pushing the lane, and i wrote in chat for him not to take farm, otherwise i'd be useless. i was a bit surprised that simply stating a fact can be considered raging by someone else on the team. he kept doing it, but i understand jhoi's argument. there seems to be either of these: an ignorant sense of righteousness or a inability to analyze an expression pointing to a problem that must be adressed.

the first one resumes to your patience towards stupid people, the other refers to something more serious that people in general have been losing with all chatting in the interwebs, missing commas and the like. (commas are hella important!)

Sig made by elenah
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 8, 2013 5:46pm | Report
2 points to oxide for trolling / flaming.
Shuru
<Member>
Shuru's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 9, 2013 12:57am | Report
but in an inhouse, if a player can't handle criticism like "supports don't take farm, could you please stop" then they'll get poins in this thread, I would assume anyways.
Ban out GoodPlays GG
[deleted]
<Editor>
oxide110's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 9, 2013 3:36am | Report
Mowen wrote:

2 points to oxide for trolling / flaming.

wtf

admittedly i did call someone mentally handicapped but I said sorry after as it was my fault.

London is one hour ahead of the rest of England -Luther3000
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 9, 2013 3:57am | Report
Wow, how did Max get permabanned? o.o Also, maybe the point system should be in the OP, so people can see what each point is "worth". Like "trolling/flaming" = 2 points etc.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by owentheawesomer ♡
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 9, 2013 4:03pm | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

Wow, how did Max get permabanned? o.o Also, maybe the point system should be in the OP, so people can see what each point is "worth". Like "trolling/flaming" = 2 points etc.

it is in the op

Xaioli
<Veteran>
Xaioli's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 9, 2013 4:30pm | Report
Uh I'm not sure where to post this but pls don't tack points on me for not showing up T_T. Servers are down for me and a few others so I don't know if I can make it on time. Also qq was in ranked game and dc gg

Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 9, 2013 7:30pm | Report
@ Nighthawk - I edited it after she suggested it.

@ Xai - There are no points associated with not showing up, don't worry. :)

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide