Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

An Expected Journey: S5 ranked with Nameless

Creator: The_Nameless_Bard January 21, 2015 9:00am
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 4, 2015 7:03pm | Report
y-yea...I carried bot lane instead or something.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 7, 2015 7:16am | Report
Hmm, should you really verify your elo as Gold II if you were just given a smurf account at that elo? I saw in the Mobaverse Gallery thread that you were Gold II and I came here to congratulate you, except you aren't actually Gold II :/
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by arrizen ♡
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 7, 2015 7:47am | Report
I'm playing consistently better now than I was before, not worse, which may or may not mean anything. If I can climb on this account, then I'm probably not so bad I can't manage to play at the level it's at? :P Whether it's because I don't care about this account so I relax or for some other reason, I'm not sure. You'd have to ask the NA people who've played with me what they think about that.

It wasn't verified entirely before (which is why it wasn't showing on the forums), but that makes no difference either way besides whether the ranking shows on the forums or not. I find that particular fact annoying, but that's how it works if you want an account linked to yours, unfortunately. It's also the only account I'm playing on. It's not exactly reasonable to expect me to verify an account I will not be playing on (I played like two games a couple days ago to remind myself of why I had made that particular decision), likely for the rest of this season. I suppose I could just not verify an account, but no one seems to give two ****s about this.

If a bunch of people really are secretly upset and insulted by this particular thing, I guess I'd consider changing it, but no one has bothered to say anything until now and I haven't exactly been shy about what's going on.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 7, 2015 8:10am | Report
I never realized you'd verified that account until now, and it seems pretty cheap that you did so.

If I can climb on this account, then I'm probably not so bad I can't manage to play at the level it's at? :P Whether it's because I don't care about this account so I relax or for some other reason, I'm not sure. You'd have to ask the NA people who've played with me what they think about that.

That's not even true, you were given the account at/finished its placements and landed in gold 1, and now you're gold 2. You're not climbing, as far as I can tell you're slowly dropping, and the "slow" part might just be because you're barely playing. The only champion you have a positive w/l on is Vel'Koz, everyone else is either even or negative, and I don't think the Vel'koz games are even yours, because you haven't even played Vel'koz in over a month despite it being the only champion the account is doing well on, and you've never played Vel'koz in ranked on your main account. And you really think this is playing well?

Let's face it, you only verified that account because you want people to think you're good, which as far as I can tell, you're not. I've seen you blame your performance and mechanical misplays in the past on "being nervous and underestimating yourself". Well the above is how you do when you "relax and don't care about this account", and it's not much better, if better at all.

Verifying yourself as gold 2 is an insult to everyone who's actually putting in work to get to where they are, wherever that may be. None of us were given a high rated account to call our own and claim that that's the level we play at. If you have any dignity at all you'd verify your main account again and actually get gold yourself. Your current rank may as well have been obtained through a free Elo boost for how legit it is.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 7, 2015 9:06am | Report
I don't care about people thinking I'm good, I'm already well reconciled with the fact that I'm trash (this experience hasn't done anything besides take me down a peg) and when people try to tell me I'm not I correct them (much to their annoyance, at times). I am playing slightly more consistently and I'm finding and working on problems I wasn't seeing before now. They didn't matter before so I didn't notice them or didn't bother to work on them. They matter now, so I'm forced to learn how to fix them or fail.

I already said this was about improving (by way of necessity), but that really doesn't seem to matter. No one has given any significant advice since I started this besides people I know personally, despite me asking for it. If pissing a bunch of people off by verifying this account when they don't think I should is what it takes to get people to notice what's going on and give me some honest criticism/advice, I'm willing to do that, because what I care about right now is actually improving, which I need help to do, and I'm not particularly liked by many people anyways.

I'll probably start recording/posting replays (and possibly, streaming ranked) too, but for now this is what I've got.

Things I'm struggling with:
  • a lack of aggression and not committing to fights: I go even up in lane a lot, even when I should be able to win. I don't press advantages enough and I don't always commit to fights, even when we can win them. I'm contributing to losing lanes at times due to this. I seem to be good at not losing lane by being passive as ****, but you don't win games by doing that. I'm really not sure what to do to fix this.
  • My roaming is somewhat mediocre. I'm not used to needing to do it and I don't have the balls to do it the way I need to. I'm finding I'm better at it with Nami than I am with other champions I'm less familiar with which is why I picked her up again.
  • I still internally blame people. I don't know how to fix this, it's a result of thinking people would have better decision making than they turned out to have.
  • I'm so utterly mediocre at any role that isn't support that I'm basically 100% forced to dodge if I ever get forced into anything else unless I want to be stuck hoping someone can carry me. I'm working on this outside of ranked games, but not enough.

This list isn't complete, not even close, I gotta get ready for work/get to the bus stop. When I get somewhere with internet I'll try to add more to this list.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 7, 2015 9:31am | Report
Yeah no, nice cover up but I'm pretty sure that's not why you did it.

I'm playing consistently better now than I was before, not worse, which may or may not mean anything. If I can climb on this account, then I'm probably not so bad I can't manage to play at the level it's at? :P

It's obvious from this post that you want people to believe you're genuinely good enough to hold your own at a gold 2 level, and it's the same impression that I've received from seeing you post about your "reverse smurfing" journeys. If you'd actually verified that account just to piss people off enough to start giving you advice to make you remove it, you'd have said something like "well I clearly suck and don't belong here, but seeing as none of you are giving me advice I'm just going to verify this as my rank until you do", rather than basically saying "well I'm holding my own and climbing, so I must be good enough to play at this level? =D".

And how exactly do you expect random people who look at your thread to give you criticism, by the way? All you post is screenshots, I have no idea about support builds, and if I were to research it to give you advice, I'd just go to probuilds, which is something you can easily do yourself. There's nothing we can tell from a post-game screenshot that will actually help you improve as a player, so please don't pretend that was your reasoning for verifying that account. I don't even recall you asking people to take a look at your replays either, so what were you expecting people to do, actively search for a time when you were playing to spectate you?
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 7, 2015 9:41am | Report
Well, I need to be knocked down a peg or two more right now, honestly. My pride is getting in the way right now, hardcore, and that's why I'm not playing much even when I have time. The only way that's gonna happen is if I start parading myself around like I'm someone good, not by threatening to leave an account verified until people help me.

I did say I'd start posting replays soon, but that might have been part of the edit I just made.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 7, 2015 10:47am | Report
Fixed the issue. If anyone wants to respond to anything in the list I posted above, that'd be great.

I'll try to get some replays up once I play more.

There are some games missing. I think this should account for them, but it won't be particularly helpful.

LevasK
<Member>
LevasK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 7, 2015 11:33am | Report
Hmm

I wish I could give you some better advise, but without actually seeing your gameplay I can't, however, if you do get around to recording some replays, I would gladly review them in depth.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 26, 2015 10:35pm | Report
Things I should do
  • Be a little bit more aggressive WITHOUT spamming the hell out of everything
  • Be a bit more proactive with my warding
  • Work on my roaming (still), it feels like it's getting better though
Things I should not do:
  • Get caught, I think three of my five deaths can be attributed to being in places where I immediately went "what the **** was I doing there?"
  • Not spam so much when playing Lulu. Dem mana costs be brutal.
Other ****
  • series, wooooo
  • The Irelia was like "dat Lulu" at one point after I saved her for the umpteenth time :D

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide