Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Fancy a Rank? S3 by Pheyniex.

Creator: Pheyniex November 14, 2012 9:27am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 20, 2013 4:18pm | Report
sorry Vapora.... =(

Laning was iffy. yet another Caitlyn that likes to poke and be in range of a Dazzle. Either way, laning was maneagable, even though Hecarim was very passive and Talon+ Shen presence kept us alive, but Lee Sin was wrecking his face. We managed some faceroll kills, a couple of drakes (one of them a peacemaker steal) and two of the mid turrets. then the problems started.
there was a window to dive Varus at the inhib turret but i neglected that, seeing bot inner turrret pushed i felt we could profit more easily, so i pinged and noone came. When Lee Sin, Taric and Kha'Zix showed their faces we decided to back off (correct decision) but I was mispositioned and without boots, so i decided to retreat through midlane (wrong decision). I got caught and died foolishly, even though we were 5v4 ( Lux fired Final Spark for me, out of my field of vision. I feel i kept throwing by assuming Hecarim and Caitlyn would be beside me, since Shen had map presence and I could always see Vapora ( Talon).

My mindset of map control is overthrown by "i wanna hit you some more" of majority of my elo's SoloQ and I should adapt. My main flaw is still assuming people know where they should be and pay attention to your pings, etc, and then trying to save their ***es.
I did not play well beyond laning and I almost accept this defeat willingly. However, I often ask myself if I should be picking another lane, even if I probably won't play an op pick.

also, I'm was itemizing instead of buyin wards. didn't make much difference, anyway.

Sig made by Tamy
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 20, 2013 4:56pm | Report
Why do you always force Tiamat?
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 20, 2013 4:58pm | Report
HE does because he gets additional burst, i presume. =3

my thread, and you came looking for someone else. It hurts not to be loved. ='(

Sig made by Tamy
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 20, 2013 5:02pm | Report
Nope, I came to read you, then saw the Vapora thing, and then the tiamat, and then had to ask :>
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 20, 2013 5:06pm | Report
you try to soothe me with those sweet lies... ='(

either way, was a bad game for me, not sure if i even have patience to try some grinding, like you do.

As requested to GMD himself.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 20, 2013 5:22pm | Report
Not lies, trufs. I was checking the feed and saw you and read your thread and stuff, stahp dat.

Well, it doesn't require THAT much grinding tbh, depends on a lot of stuff, but doing good yourself always helps. I won 7 out of 9 of my transition games to gold, and only one of them had had trolls on the enemy team (their Alistar dc'ed coz they did the worse invasion possible and lost 3 for none)
Thank you Tsuki for the sig!

Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 21, 2013 3:44am | Report
FalseoGod wrote:

(their Alistar dc'ed coz they did the worse invasion possible and lost 3 for none)

l0l, needs to learn to do my invade route.

I get Tiamat after Brutalizer because Tiamat's active is essentially an extra spell with base damage as your base AD, and a 1 AD ratio. It's like the old DFG for AD casters, but with no % damage. I checked the maths, and Ravenous Hydra on its own, when you take into account your base AD, already out-damages BT because of its active. But the upgrade from Tiamat to Hydra is 1200 gold for lifesteal and 25 AD, so rather than upgrade it, I prefer to be 1550 gold into my BT. I only upgrade Tiamat when I've completed every other item in my build. And even then I sometimes forget Tiamat has an upgrade l0l.

It's pretty broken on AD casters, but no one even considers it on them, so no one knows, so it won't get nerfed.
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 21, 2013 6:26am | Report

l0l, needs to learn to do my invade route.

I get Tiamat after Brutalizer because Tiamat's active is essentially an extra spell with base damage as your base AD, and a 1 AD ratio. It's like the old DFG for AD casters, but with no % damage. I checked the maths, and Ravenous Hydra on its own, when you take into account your base AD, already out-damages BT because of its active. But the upgrade from Tiamat to Hydra is 1200 gold for lifesteal and 25 AD, so rather than upgrade it, I prefer to be 1550 gold into my BT. I only upgrade Tiamat when I've completed every other item in my build. And even then I sometimes forget Tiamat has an upgrade l0l.

It's pretty broken on AD casters, but no one even considers it on them, so no one knows, so it won't get nerfed.

it even has been seeing some buffs. GG.

Sig made by Hogopogo
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 21, 2013 8:20am | Report
lame game. another bad adc. started Long Sword to get poked all day by Lulu and Vayne. Blitzcrank was open but i have no idea if it would have been better. Bad game overall. It's bad enough when your midlaner dies and gets all "omg" and jungler doesn't get what the consequences are of Xin Zhao taking her red.

Edit: seems like another noob that rushes Last Whisper... <.<

Better game. Caitlyn called adc so i presumed it was someone decent. He also asked for Taric and he really isn't my thing. Fortunately someone wanted it and I was faced with top, against either Fiora or Nasus. Expecting to be on the safe side, I picked Urgot. Picking Yorick can go both ways, depending a lot on lane duration and ganks. I was farming really badly. Seems like denying farm that early versus Nasus is hard, being Urgot but I knew I'd have absolute control. I pressured Nasus early but got without mana soon. I was pushed and died around 6, when he Withered me and I took some time to understand it means a gank. I got killed just under my turret. When I came back he wanted 1v1, so I killed him (lolz). the rest of the lanes were doing ok to fine and I started to get control of my lane. Enemy team surrendered.

Leona game got me demoted, so i'm currently standing at Silver V with 86LP.

Sig made by Tamy
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 20, 2013 12:20pm | Report
I had lost 10LP recently due to not playing (again) so i decided to try my luck.
Second pick, relegated to top or jungle and, since they first picked ADC, i decided to jungle (i was secon pick in my team, 3rd overall).

champion select seemed fine. Last pick was asking to mid and everyone agreed, because he could couterpick (like he even considered it). their pick order was Varus, Shyvana, Draven, so we thought ap Varus. Well, Draven went top... you can imagine a rather easy Nidalee lane thereafter.
My start was awefull. Thresh took 2 of my wolves (i started blue, don't ask why, but probably due to me seeing Shyvana and Volibear in the brush near drake. Draven derped when they were leaving to their red and we killed him for fb). then Annie took my blue, so I went for wraiths lvl1, 2:10 into the game. I started doing red and i noticed I was using all my pots and was about to get executed by the Elder Lizard . Here's why:

I got severely behind and only managed a gank bot after Shyvana failed her lane gank. Tristana got a double with my gank, on Varus and Volibear. Annie was getting facerolled somehow and, when i showed up for a gank, she just randomly walked towards Ahri at half HP, to get Charmed for free and killed.

my team was a cluster****, to be honest. I failed hard on my jungling since i was so behind and I delayed Madred's Razors since i was already behind. Tristana just wanted to push bot and got us into a ****load of trouble for it, since their red wasn't warded. they frequenty got surrounded and, on the last ocasion, i wanted to group at baron pit to engage on an easy Ahri but Thresh used death sentence on drake. this got us wiped.

It was really hard to rally them to do one objective but fortunately they listened and we managed it.

EDIt: I also started lvl1 with Sonic Wave for some ******ed reason.

Sig made by Tamy
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide