Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Latest going Legend (at least I'm doing something)

Creator: Latest Legend March 5, 2015 9:17am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 7, 2015 5:42am | Report
emoriam wrote:
I told you.
I'll mention your name in my AMA about legendary tier, thank you very much.

Click image for details

Forgetting the screenshot wasn't the only thing I did wrong this game.

We started off decently, I had more trouble against Pantheon than I expected because he went full sustain but I still managed to outlane him. I ****ed up when I thought I could 1v1 Wukong though, wasting both a flash and a life.

Our bot lane was doing well, luckily Ashe knew what she was doing, and the enemy didn't. For a moment I was afraid Wukong would snowball heavily off the kill I gave him, but he didn't manage to win the game completely. We did have to give up two dragons, though we got the mid inhibitor eventulaly.

With some luck skill we caught more of them than they caught of us and when Wukong suddenly died we went for baron. After that the great push happened.

Overall it felt like a really close game to me, mostly because I made some stupid mistakes. After I gave Wukong a free kill, I was trading with Pantheon under his turret, wanted to Hop away but jumped on him by mistake, diving his turret and giving away another free kill. You could say I was carried this game.

Anyway, stupid game but won in the end. Next up: promotions!
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
Latest Legend
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 8, 2015 8:37am | Report
Click image for details

Another close victory. Any sane player would've probably picked Janna into this but I haven't removed the dust yet.

Early game went decently, when I grabbed Tristana at level 2 she thought it a good idea to go all-in, and died. No matter how great the Leona counter is, you're not going to win if you're already half-dead after a grab and knock at level 2. After that we somewhat rolled on.

Their communication was a lot better and splitpushing gained them more than was necessary. People thought they were op and started fighting ridiculous fights. We lost two dragons and some turrets thanks to that. Another annoying thing was that, when we finally got baron, they decided it would be smart to push mid, where we already got their inhib down, and try to dive them while I was splitting top. Looking at their comp you can deduce how that turned out.

Anyway, we won in the end. It wasn't satisfying though. Looking at the score I guess I could say I managed to get Jinx ahead pretty well, on the other hand.

I tried to go for the early grab this game but got a Javelin Toss in my face instead. I missed some important grabs I shouldn't have. Also I need to get more charisma so that my team will follow my calls more often. I might've killed someone by taking too long to activate my items, I need to work on that.

Only one win left for my promos! :)
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 8, 2015 9:03am | Report
Wait, you picked Blitzcrank into a Leona? (I'm also not entirely sure how you - the support - were splitpushing top, but I suppose I'll let that one slide for now)

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the signature!
Latest Legend
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 8, 2015 9:23am | Report
If I could play her I would've picked Janna but I suck at her atm. I think that Leona is mostly a problem if Blitzcrank is stupid enough to think he can just all-in or grab her though. Luckily Leona wasn't smart and diligent enough to cover her carry all the time (or even try to get grabbed), I could get a decent amount of grabs on Tristana. What I'm trying to say is: you're right, it was stupid. ^^'

I could've gone for Braum, maybe that would be a better matchup. What do you think?

(We had baron and the rest of the team was pressuring mid, so all I had to do was tank some minions and raise super minions. It may have been better to go with them but I didn't think there was anything to get at mid lane but a failed dive.)

Thanks for the feedback!
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 8, 2015 9:33am | Report
Braum's very good against Leona, so that would've indeed been a better choice.

by jhoijhoi
Latest Legend
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 8, 2015 9:45am | Report
I see, thanks. Because he can block the e?
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 8, 2015 10:38am | Report
Yeah, and he's tanky so burst doesn't hurt him as much as it does, say, Blitzcrank or, well, any other support.

I'm guessing you prefer playing tanky stuff, then? Alistar works very well against her, but he's kind of bad at the moment, so you might as well play Braum. Thresh can do well because he blocks her E with his E, and because he's ranged and can poke her. But he's somewhat squishy and a good Leona can beat Thresh.

If you're ok with playing squishies, Janna and Lulu do well, and Nami can too. All poke-y with good disengage.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 8, 2015 10:48am | Report
He's also really good in all ins, he can angle his ult to knockup Leona and still hit the ADC behind her when she goes in so that her followup is slow, and she has a hard time if she decides to back off because of his passive and slow.
Latest Legend
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 8, 2015 11:10am | Report
Quoted:
Yeah, and he's tanky so burst doesn't hurt him as much as it does, say, Blitzcrank or, well, any other support.

I'm guessing you prefer playing tanky stuff, then? Alistar works very well against her, but he's kind of bad at the moment, so you might as well play Braum. Thresh can do well because he blocks her E with his E, and because he's ranged and can poke her. But he's somewhat squishy and a good Leona can beat Thresh.

If you're ok with playing squishies, Janna and Lulu do well, and Nami can too. All poke-y with good disengage.
Yeah I usually struggle with squishy supports. I haven't played Alistar in ages, I'll try that. Thresh and Nami aren't really my thing, I could check out Lulu though.

Thanks!

Luther3000 wrote:
He's also really good in all ins, he can angle his ult to knockup Leona and still hit the ADC behind her when she goes in so that her followup is slow, and she has a hard time if she decides to back off because of his passive and slow.
I see, thanks! Still somewhat new to Braum.

Click image for details

Meh desu

It wasn't the most favorable matchup, but laning phase went pretty well. Sadly Talon got kills. The end.

Really, there's not much else I can say about it at the moment. I tried to get bot lane ahead, which succeeded a bit, but I didn't manage to turn the tides.

They got four dragons. I called and contested every time, but on my own. I think I called some decent shots this game but none were followed. They hardly showed any intention to even try to steal dragon, though they did think it was a good idea to initiate a fight after they already got it.

I got a double once, luring Leona and Sivir under a turret, that was nice.

I should've asked Lee Sin not to gank top lane, he got killed once in an attempt to help me. I screwed up in a baron fight, focusing too much on the fact that they were doing baron rather than defending my carries. I think should've tried harder to gank mid early game too. I must've stopped farming at some point, I need to focus more on that. My taunting wasn't great but not too bad either. Other than that, not so sure. Things will probably get more clear once my salt level drops.

Pressure is coming for the next match. I'll have to get fired up, strike well and see the light.

Latest Legend
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2015 6:42am | Report
Click image for details

Finally got some time to play a game.

Overall the game went smoothly, with an exception here and there. Because it's been a while since I played a game my performance wasn't optimal though.

Graves' CS mechanics were great so we had an easy early game. We got the level 2, had a small fight and stuff. Vayne was very focused on dodging every grab so I didn't get to pull off (heh) much. Hecarim ganked early without too much success but it still increased our lead. Pantheon made some good ganks too though.

We had full dragon control the entire game, Morgana did a good job at laning against Katarina so when stuff started happening only Pantheon was a pain. We pushed the mid inhibitor, after that I pinged a few times to back off but they didn't listen. Ended up in giving Katarina a quadra but it was already too late to get back in the game.

Not much more to tell, we were on the winning hand practically all the time.

Things I need to focus on: quicker decision making. I was running towards Graves, who was fighting Vayne and Thresh. I wasn't sure whether I should ult for the finish (potentially taking the kills) or if he could take them on. I took too long so Graves ended up dieing. I also forgot swapping my trinket after I bought Sightstone again. And my peel wasn't that wonderful, but I blame that on a week of inactivity.

Silver II! Yay
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide