Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Predacon - From Coal to Diamond

Creator: Predacon December 27, 2015 10:31pm
Toxicarbon
<Member>
Toxicarbon's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 13, 2016 4:15am | Report
Post a video of your game play. Let me critique you a bit and see if it helps. IF you're first picking Riven blindly, you're going to have some very rough games. Counter picking is extremely effective. There are only certain champions you can first pick with safely.
Predacon
<Member>
Predacon's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 13, 2016 4:26am | Report

This game went rather smoothly, at least up until Lux disconnected for a little while then we started to struggle. However she came back and we were able to recover pretty well.

I just started shield and played very safe against Panth, as pre 6 he will destroy me. Otherwise he never solo killed me during the laning phase. Lux and I made a lot of plays this game, and Jinx was decent fed to allow us to walk over them, their team was all early game. Made sure to grab an early QSS just for Malz as well.

Humble Riven Main
Predacon
<Member>
Predacon's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 13, 2016 4:30am | Report
Toxicarbon wrote:
Post a video of your game play. Let me critique you a bit and see if it helps. IF you're first picking Riven blindly, you're going to have some very rough games. Counter picking is extremely effective. There are only certain champions you can first pick with safely.

I actually don't have the ability to put any of my matches into video form.

I'm all too aware about the risk of picking Riven in general though, be it Panth, Renekton, Poppy, or Quinn and other counters, I still just want to play Riven though.

Humble Riven Main
Predacon
<Member>
Predacon's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 13, 2016 5:13am | Report

These new masteries I tried out are so good, I was dealing so much damage to Sion it was unreal. They were taken from a Challenger Riven who utterly stomped Sirchez Nasus, I may even have to take these against Fiora not sure.

For the most part Vi did great this game, getting all the lanes going, Xin tried to make ganks, but was only half successful. I could easily kill Sion over and over, I don't think I ever felt this strong with Riven since like season 3, full offense fervor OP.

I did the most damage of my team this game as well, which usually never happens.

Humble Riven Main
Predacon
<Member>
Predacon's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 13, 2016 7:21am | Report

Again, Raka OP.

Vayne is also OP though, I put in a ton of work this game, as did Gangplank and Soraka. In botlane we mostly got bullied by Caitlyn and Morde support, but that's just how Vayne Laynes go. We setup perfect bait for Mordekaiser with Soraka baiting and me in a bush, easy kill. Picked up a triple kill sometime in midlane which allowed me to snowball into a true night hunter.

Nasus kept trying to spiltpush, but that didn't really work out for him, we could easily take him out. One baron later, we were able to close out the game quite nicely.

In promos again baby, about to be back to where I was before the preseason reset, and a little closer to Platinum.

Will be nice so Goodplays can't look down on me anymore for being gold when reaching Platinum. and when diamond rub that in his face.

Humble Riven Main
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 13, 2016 8:02am | Report
Predacon wrote:

Will be nice so Goodplays can't look down on me anymore for being gold when reaching Platinum. and when diamond rub that in his face.

The true motive comes out!
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks for the sig, MissMaw!
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 14, 2016 1:16pm | Report
You can use op.gg to record games without anything special, just basically press the replay button and then bam you can watch it from match history later.

Also, have you considered the new ad assassin item for Riven as maybe a 2nd or 3rd item?

Nasus pre level 9 i usually find you can just hop in, stun, hop out, rinse and repeat every time he goes for a cannon. Post level 6 you just have to be extremely careful about playing around his ult.

Aatrox early game is insane as well - level 2 you'll likely lose any fights because of his sustain and damage.

Bringing ignite is a great idea. One thing I've found is that getting the minions to back you up usually helps a lot vs champions like that.

Do you usually do max e 2nd as well? Seems to help.

Predacon
<Member>
Predacon's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 14, 2016 6:06pm | Report
Nighthawk wrote:
You can use op.gg to record games without anything special, just basically press the replay button and then bam you can watch it from match history later.

Can't seem to find the option for replays.

Quoted:
Also, have you considered the new ad assassin item for Riven as maybe a 2nd or 3rd item?

I did a bit research on it when it came out on /Rivenmains/ seem to agree it's pretty subpar.

Quoted:
Nasus pre level 9 i usually find you can just hop in, stun, hop out, rinse and repeat every time he goes for a cannon. Post level 6 you just have to be extremely careful about playing around his ult.

Ya the issue with Nasus is I need to bully him way more than that, zone him out of farm completely, or I don't really win the lane.

Quoted:
Aatrox early game is insane as well - level 2 you'll likely lose any fights because of his sustain and damage.

I learned the hard way Aatrox is strong in the pre-3 levels for sure.

Quoted:
Bringing ignite is a great idea. One thing I've found is that getting the minions to back you up usually helps a lot vs champions like that.

Yeah I do take ignite for certain match ups, my teammates get pretty upset when I do though.

Quoted:
Do you usually do max e 2nd as well? Seems to help.

I usually max Q first and then E, sometimes I max W second if I'm dominating the lane or certain match ups.

Humble Riven Main
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 14, 2016 6:40pm | Report
Go to ingame info when you're past load screen then click replay on that game, you can do it with anyone and then it shows up in their matches afterwards.

Thalia Kael
<Inhouse Addict>
Thalia Kael's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 14, 2016 7:38pm | Report
or use replay.gg
Thanks to FatelBlade, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, TheNamelessBard, GrandmasterD, aviseras and koksei for the awesome signatures

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide