Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Predacon - From Coal to Diamond

Creator: Predacon December 27, 2015 10:31pm
Predacon
<Member>
Predacon's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 6, 2016 9:29pm | Report
I realize I've been neglecting to play any Irelia, gonna try to change that in future games.

Humble Riven Main
Predacon
<Member>
Predacon's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 7, 2016 11:21am | Report

This whole game was a mess, our Rengar died to jungle camps twice and ganked with no stacks, he was either clearly boosted or bought his account, there was no way he was platinum or even silver.

I played out my lane fairly well, getting good farm despite being harassed by Cait counterpick, but our Blitz was supposely lagging hardcore so he wasn't very useful.

Later in the game Gragas made some big plays and always put me into the enemy team and stuck on me hard. Tahm and Twisted Fate played well, but it wasn't enough to make up for Rengar and afk Blitz.

Eventually our team surrendered even though I refused.

Sadly not Gold 1 yet.

Humble Riven Main
Predacon
<Member>
Predacon's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 7, 2016 12:19pm | Report

This game was looking in our favor for the majority of it, even though we had two deaths by an enemy invade in the beginning because our Brand was very smart. He also died in silly ways other times sadly.

Master Yi was the biggest thorn in my side this game and not enough peel for him throughout the game, Poppy dived rather than focusing down Yi to protect me most of the game meaning he could walk over us.

Their Darius did a good job spilting pushing as well, our only last chance was to engage at baron, but our team didn't because Gragas wanted to try to steal the baron, sadly he didn't and just died and we got our based destroyed to lose.

Humble Riven Main
Predacon
<Member>
Predacon's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 7, 2016 12:40pm | Report
I feel I die a lot as Vayne, but I think thats because everyone knows to focus the Vayne hard.

I'll need to work on surviving better.

Humble Riven Main
Predacon
<Member>
Predacon's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 8, 2016 8:11am | Report

Client froze here and put me quite behind once I got into the game, Pantheon could easily dive me and snowballed with 2 kills off it. He was 3 levels above me when I first got back in the game, so not much I could do against him.

Tried my best to turn the game around, but they were simply too strong and Reksai had given up, while Lucian just ran right into the enemy.

They were able to get baron while Lucian was afk and end the game from there.

Humble Riven Main
Predacon
<Member>
Predacon's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 8, 2016 8:54am | Report

There wasn't really much I could do against Rammus, Shyvana died early to him and gave him buffs and from there he was able to keep the lead and stack armor. I also got dived by Leblanc around 2-3 times making it really hard to control the lane. Morgana also died multiple times to Zac ganks with Leblanc.

Ezreal and Sona seemd to lose their lane pretty hard as well.

I was more than okay about surrendering this game, but two people didn't want to.

They took and baron and pushed down our base easily to win.

Even though we got stomped hard this game, Leblanc said I had great Riven mechanics, that kind of made my day that someone even noticed and untilted me. Said my autoatacks cancels were great, I forgot to honor her sadly.

If I lose another game though, large break from ranked once again.

Humble Riven Main
Predacon
<Member>
Predacon's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 8, 2016 9:45am | Report

Loss streaks are real.

I'm not sure what I could have done to turn this around, I wrekt Fiora up in toplane really, but Poppy mid/late game is only a tank sadly.

I picked her because our jungler wouldn't tank, but I wanted to Riven, I kind of regretted not being Riven because then at least I could burst down more people.

Shyvana helped out Fiora a few times for kills, but wasn't enough. She snowballed pretty hard and did decent damage alongside Leblanc, making it very hard for us to teamfight.

The other issue was my team engaged in a 4vs5 while I was clearing top, and its a wonder why they all died.

Mostly they started to act toxic to eachother and the game was lost from there.

I realize I just need to get better, this isn't a issue of teams, this is being better than the elo I'm in, and I need to be better than high golds and Platinums.

Humble Riven Main
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 8, 2016 10:31am | Report
Predacon wrote:

Loss streaks are real.

The other issue was my team engaged in a 4vs5 while I was clearing top, and its a wonder why they all died.

Mostly they started to act toxic to eachother and the game was lost from there.

I realize I just need to get better, this isn't a issue of teams, this is being better than the elo I'm in, and I need to be better than high golds and Platinums.

Losing streaks are definitely real (I know XD). Don't let it get you down too much.

I don't know exactly what went down in the game, but I will observe that one way to get better is to be a leader. I forget this at times or let something keep me from speaking out when things start to get toxic.

But in games where things are going badly and people are getting frustrated I sometimes have been able to turn things around with a few words in chat. E.g.

"relax it is a game."
"sometimes **** happens, farm it up and look for picks."
"we outscale, just ward up, and be patient. help each other out if you can."

And like as not sometimes you need to direct traffic even if you just want to farm it out and keep killing your lane opponent.

as Top "Thresh, keep a ward in the bushes and I'll TP in if you get ganked."
as jungler "Lux, you are strong. Push your lane and lets go Bot for a gank. Then drag."
"we win if we can keep them of MF. Everyone peel for her."

It doesn't always work, but it certainly has helped me turn a number of tenuous and even grim situations around.
Predacon
<Member>
Predacon's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 8, 2016 12:35pm | Report

For some reason my post didn't go through, so just gonna post the scores.

Humble Riven Main
Predacon
<Member>
Predacon's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 8, 2016 1:12pm | Report

I took ignite again this game to beat the Volibear, but I feel that was mistake.

Even though I killed him early in lane, I simply couldn't be where I needed to be without TP, since botlane got crushed so hard, and Sivir as an ADC does like no damage.

The enemy team snuck a baron this game and pushed in mid while we were fighting Volibear, who somehow got fed off our team, even though I went out of lane as 1-0.

Frustrating game to say the least, but taking ignite is simply not worth it if playing with a random ADC, you can't depend on them to win their lane at all.

Humble Riven Main

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide