Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Predacon - From Coal to Diamond

Creator: Predacon December 27, 2015 10:31pm
Predacon
<Member>
Predacon's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 8, 2016 1:14pm | Report
VexRoth wrote:

Losing streaks are definitely real (I know XD). Don't let it get you down too much.

I don't know exactly what went down in the game, but I will observe that one way to get better is to be a leader. I forget this at times or let something keep me from speaking out when things start to get toxic.

But in games where things are going badly and people are getting frustrated I sometimes have been able to turn things around with a few words in chat. E.g.

"relax it is a game."
"sometimes **** happens, farm it up and look for picks."
"we outscale, just ward up, and be patient. help each other out if you can."

And like as not sometimes you need to direct traffic even if you just want to farm it out and keep killing your lane opponent.

as Top "Thresh, keep a ward in the bushes and I'll TP in if you get ganked."
as jungler "Lux, you are strong. Push your lane and lets go Bot for a gank. Then drag."
"we win if we can keep them of MF. Everyone peel for her."

It doesn't always work, but it certainly has helped me turn a number of tenuous and even grim situations around.

I try to talk to my teammates somewhat to calm them down and make calls, but I definitely don't do it enough, and will need to work on being team leader more.

Humble Riven Main
Predacon
<Member>
Predacon's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 10, 2016 1:44pm | Report
Right now I have a bit of ranked anxiety, need to figure out how to break it.

Humble Riven Main
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2016 9:25pm | Report
Predacon wrote:
Right now I have a bit of ranked anxiety, need to figure out how to break it.

Stop caring as much.

You can still play ranked do your best, and take the end of each game win or lose and go "hm, oh well".

*CLOPCLOPCLOPCLOPCLOP*

Predacon
<Member>
Predacon's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2016 9:33pm | Report

Well Vayne was taken by the enemy so I tried out Caitlyn this game, did fairly well with survivng an farming, but just didn't have the damage output to solo carry the game. Zyra did pretty good as support, but Alistar to hard to play around.

Lee Sin never really got any successful ganks off either, while Twisted Fate lost pretty hard to Morgana. I didn't really see Fiora do much all game either, then they had some teamfights too deep and died for it, and this put the enemy team way ahead.

After a big fight at dragon where we got aced, they took and easily pushed down our base.

I don't think I'll be playing Caitlyn again, only Miss Fortune and Jinx.

Humble Riven Main
Predacon
<Member>
Predacon's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2016 10:11pm | Report

I went Poppy this game becayse 1) They had a Pantheon and 2) We needed a tank

This was a rather easy game to win as our Kindred was pretty good and gave me some solid ganks on Panth, we even killed Panth and Maokai at the same time. I mostly destroyed Panth in lane on my own making for easy pushing throughout.

I did a terrible TP into botlane and got killed for it chasing a kill like a bronze player, but otherwise that was my only death.

Made a clutch save on Soraka as well from Talon, was pretty great.

We easily took baron and pushed down all their lanes and they surrendered right before we destroyed the Nexus.

RIP my LP gains.

Humble Riven Main
Predacon
<Member>
Predacon's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2016 10:54pm | Report
Nighthawk wrote:

Stop caring as much.

You can still play ranked do your best, and take the end of each game win or lose and go "hm, oh well".

I try to shrug off games, but I think I more just need to reflect on what I did wrong and what I could have done to carry.

Humble Riven Main
Predacon
<Member>
Predacon's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2016 10:57pm | Report

Love Miss Fortune, seriously, especially when I have a Malphite on my team.

I saw they had an Amumu, so Vayne was a no go, and probably not the best against a Braum either, but Fortune was a great pick here.

My support Nami did a solid job in lane and for the most part we walked all over them, Ezreal could not duel me at all.

I also got two triple kills throughout this game which were nice, and piled on so much damage with my ulti.

I was a little afraid we might throw after we got wiped in a teamfight, so I made a baron call and we safely ended the game, no throws today.

Humble Riven Main
Predacon
<Member>
Predacon's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 15, 2016 12:13am | Report

On fire tonight with great teams, I mostly just farmed this game.

Talon came botlane a few times, as well as Gragas, their botlane played pretty scared throughout the whole game.

At first I was extremely scared of their team comp, until I saw they had a TF jungle.

With just one more team fight the enemy team just gave up and surrendered, it was a very fast game.

Humble Riven Main
Predacon
<Member>
Predacon's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 15, 2016 11:57am | Report

I feel I'm starting to find myself as Riven player, big plays and how to get ahead now, tanks aren't giving me the trouble they did before. Playing passive early levels just didn't work out, I need show them who is charge in lane.

These pure offensive masteries work out so well, I can easily kills Nautilus and Shens at early levels no problem, its really nice. I got two solo kills on Shen, and it all snowballed from there, the of my team played really solid as well. I got a TP bottom to pick up a double kill as well.

I got a triple kill at the end with a flash 3rd Q stun and the enemy team surrendered.

Humble Riven Main
Predacon
<Member>
Predacon's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 15, 2016 12:58pm | Report

I hate Jannas straight up, can't express that enough, they're always toxic as hell as well. I asked her for another support, but she still went Janna.

1) It's an extremely passive lane
2) They're super squishy and die easily providing me no frontline
3) All they can really provide me is a flimsy shield

Yeah Janna is a good character in the hands of a diamond 1/masters, but I hate her as my personal support, it doesn't give me a lead in lane, all it does is keep me alive sometimes but not to the level a Soraka could where I feel immortal.

I think she works fine with a super strong lane bully like Lucian, but Vayne needs heavy CC in my opinion to get her autos off.

Also our Zed fed Leblanc 4 kills in the first 5 minutes and they 4 man dived us at bottom 7 minutes into the game.

/rant

Humble Riven Main

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide