Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

S5 Ranked: One Way Ticket to Hell

Creator: Wayne3100 January 21, 2015 8:10am
koksei
<Member>
koksei's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 12, 2015 9:36am | Report
maybe you should just get super ****ed up so you can't remember being in promotions and then play em. Sounds mad genius to me

~ Sig by Xiaowiriamu ~
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 16, 2015 4:18pm | Report
Game 207

I was second pick on purple team in this game, having to pick at the same time as a teammate who claimed mid lane. After seeing the enemy team first pick Irelia and seeing my mid laner instalock Lulu, there was really only one champion I was ever going to play: Olaf.

Because the enemy team had Blitzcrank, we expected an invade and waited as 5 for them to come and play. 52 seconds into the game, that decision netted me First Blood. As you can tell from my lead over Irelia during the midgame, it also decided my lane, and since both other lanes were also doing well the game quickly became pretty onesided. Xin Zhao was the only champion we had to worry about on their team, but ultimately there was just no way he was gonna turn the game in their favour.

Thanks to Hoppermh for the signature!
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 16, 2015 4:21pm | Report
Damn son, reinforcing the " Olaf is actually broken but why doesn't anyone play him ever" stereotype. Also, digging the new avatar.
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 17, 2015 11:48am | Report
Well, maybe his popularity will increase now that he's being played in LCS so often.

Thanks, all credit for that goes to MissMaw though :P

Game 208

Too many games being lost in champion select recently.

I guess if I had known that my support and jungler (who were both forced into the role) didn't have a tanky option to play I might not have picked Kennen, but realistically I'm not sure how I could've anticipated that. The Jinx pick into a team with Wukong/ Riven was also questionable considering we already had the problem of having one immobile target for them to jump on ( Syndra); I don't think adding more made much sense.

In terms of my gameplay, I think I could've been more aggressive in lane against Lulu early on (I was really nervous due to being so close to promos again.. >.>), but overall I played decent. Sad game, not much to add.

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the signature!
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 17, 2015 12:48pm | Report
Game 209

Not gonna lie, I'm pretty damn bad at this game. Luckily we managed to win despite that.

Thanks to Hoppermh for the signature!
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 18, 2015 4:41pm | Report
Tried to play some more ranked (duoQ with DisturbedFox) and get to Diamond since I'm really not liking the look of all the changes in patch 5.16.

Game 210-217

It didn't go too well (currently at 66 LP).

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 19, 2015 1:58am | Report

Ayy lmaokai

Edit: mfw my teammates and opponents were all gold I - plat IV that game.

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the signature!
LevasK
<Member>
LevasK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 19, 2015 2:01am | Report
Congratulations Wayne and good luck reaching plat :)

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
Jack Rubino
<Member>
Jack Rubino's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 19, 2015 7:58am | Report
And i was thinking that wayne finally got to diamond when i saw your comment, levask.
"No way - Never - Can't cut it off before I've even had a chance to use it once!"
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 25, 2015 1:17am | Report
Updated my roster, though the full list for top lane is something more along the line of Kennen, Tahm Kench, Fizz, Irelia, Olaf, Gnar, Sion (which is nice since it gives me room to adapt to the opponent's pick). I also don't own Brand on the account I'm playing on yet, but I know he'll go on sale in September so it won't be long before I do.

Also I just realised I never posted these two games (from a while ago):

Game 218 + 219

In game 1, Warwick randomly decided he'd start Gromp after standing near red until 1:30, so instead of doing that ourselves we had to help him and arrived to lane with Ashe/ Vel'Koz (who didn't have to help Shaco) already shoving us back. We never really got out from under our turret that game, and all lanes fell behind fast. In the other game, we won lane hard enough for Ezreal to go for a full Tear of the Goddess build. Despite that, their team actually still won a few fights because of how badly we were positioned, lol. Once he realised this and started building normal again, we - luckily - cleaned up our act and started winning fights. Garen is dumb though.

Gained 2 LP; only have to repeat this process 32 more times to reach promos :^)

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide