Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

[Season 5] -The Journey Beyond, Ranking with Emi-

Creator: Emi February 5, 2015 8:49am
1 2 3 4
Emi
<Fabulous>
Emi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 5, 2015 8:49am | Report

CHAMPION POOL
STARTING POINT
MID
SUPPORT
ADC
TOP/JUNGLE

Hello community of MOBAFire!

I'm Emikadon: a guide writer and amateur artist here on this site. I had a previous thread for Season 4 (that I shamelessly stole the layout of :3) but I figured I'd start anew on a separate thread. I began as Gold V and have climbed up to my current rank of Plat V while maining mid and support. I've been playing ranked quite a bit in hopes of getting to Platinum by the end of the season, but I do hope I can get higher!

A little background information: I went 4-6 in my placement matches and got placed into Silver I (3 divisions lower than the end of pre-season). After a horrible losing streak, I fell back to Silver II, but I managed to climb out again and returned to Silver I within 5-6 games. From there, I consistently won games and got promoted back into Gold. Thus, this is going to be where I mark as the beginning of my journey!

season 4 progress
Made this sig myself :)
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 5, 2015 9:40am | Report
Quoted:
I had a previous thread for Season 4 (that I shamelessly stole the layout of :3)
Emi
<Fabulous>
Emi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 5, 2015 10:06am | Report
:D
Thanks to XeresAce for the sig!
Out Of Pancakes
<Inhouse Addict>
Out Of Pancakes's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 5, 2015 10:18am | Report
Good luck!

You're still confident in Eve's ability to jungle?
Emi
<Fabulous>
Emi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 5, 2015 11:21am | Report
Thanks! :)

And tbh, not really :/ She's just the champion that I've had the most experience with throughout my time playing jungle. I usually build her AD/Off-tank anyway, so sustain/the removal of DFG wasn't too much of a difference for me. Albeit much weaker than before, if I'm ever pushed into playing the role, I'll at least have a comfort pick ^_^
Emi
<Fabulous>
Emi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 6, 2015 8:33pm | Report
GAME 1: VICTORY

Game Details:
  • 0/9/21 Masteries
  • 9 Hybrid Pen, 9 Health, 9 Magic Resist, 3 Armor

Things I did well:
  • Early game I put a lot of pressure on the enemy duo, which was shown when the enemy AD had only 47 farm while mine had nearly 100.
  • When my duo partner, the Tristana, went up to trade, my reflex shielding was really good. I always got Eye of the Storm on him to deal a lot of extra damage with the bonus AD. In addition, I mitigated a lot of poke with amazing timing on my shields.
  • My peel throughout the game was very good. Despite Kassadin being super fed I was able to keep him off with good timings on my ult.
  • I was ridiculously optimistic throughout the entire game. Harold didn't believe me, because Annie was feeding Kass really bad and J4 was DC until 15 minutes in, but we pulled through in the end <3
  • Trist got a Quadra and Annie got a Penta. Yes, a penta (it was at the end, in her defense) and her score was still that bad LOL.

What I need to improve:
  • Even though we pressured the lane really hard, our jungler was DC so we didn't have any back-up when we got ganked. We probably should have been a little more careful when we knew we were down a person.
  • My tornados were a little off. Sometimes I would Q a split second after I realized Morgana had used her shield on Sivir. Same thing happened once or twice with my ult >_<
  • I need to work on using Mikael's Blessing. I don't know why, today it was just plain sloppy.
Emi
<Fabulous>
Emi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 6, 2015 8:50pm | Report
GAME 2: DEFEAT

Game Details:
  • 9/0/21 Masteries
  • 9 Hybrid Pen, 9 Health, 9 Ability Power, 3 Armor

Things I did well:
  • Early game, I landed a lot of bindings. Like, a lot. :D
  • I traded super well, often because the Thresh would walk up randomly and take a whole bunch of autoattacks to the face from both me and Tristana with neither him nor Vayne trading back.

What I need to improve:
  • I gave up not even halfway through the game because of the ridiculous amount of raging going on between Mid/Jungle/Top. This time it was the opposite way where Harold tried to be the optimistic one, but we both gave up and surrendered at the end.
  • I didn't maintain very good ward control because we were so far behind. Whenever I tried to roam and ward, I would end up getting caught out because of face-checking.

GAME 3: VICTORY

Game Details:
  • 21/9/0 Masteries
  • 9 Magic Pen, 9 Armor, 9 Ability Power, 3 Movement Speed

Things I did well:
  • I had a bugsplat at the very start of the game, but I managed to catch up stay relavent despite coming back 15 minutes in.
  • I called a lot of MIAs because the Talon kept roaming and managed to prevent a lot of deaths that way. Plus, the Talon roaming so much actually completely threw his 5-6 level lead on me, so I guess it was just luck that he wasn't very good xD
  • Timing my entrances into teamfights was pretty good. The only times I died were when WW managed to ult me even though I was in the backline. When I made sure he blew ult, I went in and did plenty of AOE damage. No kills though ;-;
  • I stole a kill 10 seconds before the surrender vote! :D
  • +27 LP holy asdfhjkl

What I need to improve:
  • Farming while behind in levels and items is insanely hard >_< My CS suffered as a result. I would keep overestimating how much my autoattacks/abilities would do, and I missed at least 10-20 CS that way.
  • Under normal circumstances, I would have roamed a lot more than I did, but I was already really far behind so I didn't even bother leaving lane this game.
  • #SupportKatarina ._.
Thanks to Ubnoxius for the sig!
Emi
<Fabulous>
Emi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 7, 2015 11:59am | Report
GAME 4: DEFEAT

Game Details:
  • 0/9/21 Masteries

Things I did well:
  • We rekt in lane. I managed to get first blood for Sivir because the Draven got caught in a whole bunch of creeps and we have level advantage.
  • When I wasn't DC, the enemy Katarina died when she went in. I would always save my Howling Gale for her, and she would never be able to pull of her ult in the teamfights I was in.
  • I had really good vision control over bot lane, and as a result, the Vi never managed to gank us.
  • Only lost 12 LP. Woot.

What I need to improve:
  • My internet was horrible. It completely crashed twice, forcing me to restart it once and relog both times. As a result, I was probably only in the game for about 25 minutes of the 45 total.
  • Not really much else to say, considering I wasn't there for the majority of the game >_<
Thanks to XeresAce for the sig!
Emi
<Fabulous>
Emi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 7, 2015 8:17pm | Report
GAME 5: VICTORY

Game Details:
  • 21/9/0 Masteries
  • 9 Magic Pen, 9 Scaling Health, 9 Ability Power, 3 Movement Speed

Things I did well:
  • The Jax wasn't too happy that I picked Kat into Lissandra (which is understandable), but he was a little rude about it early game until I managed to go 3-1 in lane. Maintained a positive attitude throughout the game ^_^
  • Speaking of which, I won the lane against a Lissandra.
  • And I roamed a lot and got like a lot of kills that way too~ <3 Liss tried to copy me, but she didn't pick up nearly as many kills as I did.
  • My entrances into teamfights were pretty good. I would always try and wait out Liss/Leona ult before going in. The only times I was locked down was when stuns came up for a second time in extended fights.
  • Despite not being the support, I bought and placed a looot of wards. 20 Stealth Ward + 2 Vision Ward :D #VisionWinsGames

What I need to improve:
  • I didn't punish the Lissandra as bad as I could have for roaming so much. Even when she left lane, I was a little scared of pushing up.
  • I got really arrogant at the end and just jumped in whenever I could. at least 3 of the 5 deaths I had was because late game I got bursted by Lissandra after she baited us with Zhonya's/Self-Ults.
  • Probably should have gotten more farm than I did. While it my CS was still respectable, it wasn't as good as it could have been considering how far ahead I was.
  • Ahem. I may or may not have flashed for absolutely no reason twice... >_<
Emi
<Fabulous>
Emi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 8, 2015 1:23pm | Report
GAME 6: VICTORY

Game Details:
  • 0/9/21 Masteries

Things I did well:
  • My Howling Gales were on point. The amount of kiting in this game as a whole was real. <3
  • Vision control was super good. Placed almost 40 wards by the end of the game and cleared/found almost 15 (yes, I counted :3)
  • I interrupted a lot the enemy wombos by blowing J4 or Sona out of position before they could ult. Also, I had a few clutch Exhausts that probably would have decided the teamfight, considering Tristana was the only person who had a chance at carrying the game.

What I need to improve:
  • Early game, Trist and I tried to dive the enemy Sivir, but Sona heal + shield too stronk.
  • I was a little hesitant in going into fights, and that probably cost us a few kills because I didn't really commit. In hindsight, some of picks were definitely free, since some of the enemy champions had already recalled and the people caught out had no back up.

GAME 7: VICTORY

Game Details:
  • 0/9/21 Masteries

Things I did well:
  • Again, my Howling Gales were on point <3 I lost track of how many times I interrupted a Leblanc Distortion or Jax Leap Strike.
  • Facilitated ganks really well. Told my jungler to come down at level 3 and ended up getting two kills. Called him down later again, and got two more :D
  • I checked LoLNexus before the game started and saw Zyra was running 22/5/3 and Mpen/Scaling Health. I have no idea why, but I made sure to punish her for her squishiness. Whenever Zyra walked up to try and harass, knock-up + autoattacks literally chunked her for half her health. Once, I even managed to kill her 1v1 when she stepped out of position.
  • Promos!

What I need to improve:
  • I left lane a lot to roam, and while this got Kha'Zix super fed, Jinx ended up dying a lot as a result.
  • Walked into a lot of Zyra Grasping Roots >_< My skill shot dodging needs some brushing off.
  • Skill sequence was really weird. I almost started maxing Q before I realized what I was doing. Ended up wasting two points early for that.
1 2 3 4

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide