Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

The Fool's Adventures In Scrubdom

Creator: Foolamancer August 28, 2013 8:29am
Foolamancer
<Member>
Foolamancer's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 24, 2013 10:42am | Report

EDIT: No, Fizz did not actually AFK at any point. He was just that worthless.

And again.

Bans were Blitzcrank, Amumu, Thresh, Kassadin, Jax, and Jinx.

I'm honestly not upset about losing this game. I did my best, and my best was actually very good - I was the only reason we were in the game as long as we were. And the hilariously inept attempts at trash-talk were golden.

I started this game at red, since we were blue side, and Garen apparently wasn't actually watching blue, so Udyr just walked in and solo'd it without us ever knowing while Garen walked back to top lane. So I wasn't actually that upset when Fizz died to the enemy Cho'Gath mid; it meant I could take some lane XP and gold to get me back into the swing of things. So I did. And, when Fizz respawned, I went back to my merry little jungle camps to farm those.

Only for Fizz to die again as soon as I left lane.

And again.

He was 0/3/0 before five minutes. He was level 2 to Cho'Gath's level five. And he blamed me for this, because apparently I "never ganked". Well, no, Fizz, I didn't gank for you. This is because I wasn't ganking for anyone, due to having to sit in your lane and try to keep Cho'Gath and Udyr from getting the tower. You were literally not alive long enough for me to have possibly ganked for you.

He continued to rage and flame me, as did our support Teemo, who had wanted to jungle Jarvan IV but had been last pick. This was honestly just hilarious, because they were both so bad at trash-talking. They both tried to pin the blame for Fizz's three deaths on me and to say that I should help mid. Mid was buried before my initial clear was done with, and I had to spend most of my time there just to keep the tower up, but they didn't seem to understand that.

I still managed to get one successful double-murder gank in on bottom lane, and one in on top, and even one in against the now-seven-kills-and-four-levels-up Cho'Gath, with the help of Garen. I even got us a dragon. And I didn't die at any point. So, as you might imagine, their attempts to blame everything on me rang kind of hollow.

Didn't really matter, though. Fizz declared that he was "done" at about fifteen minutes and went down to bot lane, where he stood in a bush and /danced. I convinced Teemo to go mid so that at least someone would be getting that farm, but it didn't change anything. No one on the team had any gold but me at this point; Vayne and Garen were both sitting on about 70 CS and had little to no kill involvement, while I was involved in 5 out of the 6 kills our team had at the time.

So Cho'Gath just roamed the map and took towers at his leisure, and we couldn't contest any more dragons due to how fed the entire enemy team was ( Udyr had figured out that Fizz was free gold, though he still somehow managed to lose out to me in farm, kill involvement, and levels for the entire game) and how useless everyone on our team was. Vayne had two kills from my successful gank, but her CS was abysmally low, and Garen had lost lane rather emphatically to Riven.

So every lane lost, we were behind in objectives, one of our team members was trolling, another team member was raging, we didn't have an actual support, and so on. Not really any way we could have won that.

THINGS I SCREWED UP THIS GAME:

- Both of my deaths this game were from the final two teamfights - that is, the only two teamfights in the game, since the enemy team was horrible about grouping up and thus dragged the game out on and on with us picking up kills here and there. We still couldn't turn things around because of how utterly abysmal Fizz was, but that kept them from closing it out. Anyway, point is, those two deaths really couldn't have been avoided. The mistakes I made this game were basically just missing opportunities for kills. If I had been more aggressive, I could have at least inflated my score a little more, but I was trying to avoid feeding the enemy team any more kills than they already had.
"Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness."
- Terry Pratchett
Foolamancer
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 24, 2013 12:04pm | Report

Much better.

Bans were Kassadin, Amumu, Zed, Blitzcrank, Thresh, and Jinx.

Alistar was a Bronze II duo'd with our Gold I Kha'Zix. As you can see from the build, he... really didn't know what he was doing. But, fortunately, neither did the enemy bot lane.

Fairly standard game, aside from the duo shenanigans. The only problem was the enemy Udyr. We lost two teamfights before I figured out what was going on with him, which is inexcusable (that's also my mistake for the game). My other death was another stupid mistake - I ran in to try and save Kha'Zix, when I always know that's a bad idea.
- Terry Pratchett
Foolamancer
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 25, 2013 12:01pm | Report

Welp.

Bans were Kha'Zix, Fizz, Thresh, Blitzcrank, Jinx, and Hecarim.

This game was actually pretty even for most of it. Neither Lee Sin nor myself could find any openings to do much ganking, so it was fairly low-kill for pretty much the entirety of the first half. I think there were a total of four kills per side.

The one thing that really decided this game was the fact that our last pick Jayce really didn't have any idea what he was doing (EDIT: He originally wanted to AD carry Jayce but was told to go top instead by Corki). He was three levels behind Jax in lane, though he only actually died once, and was pretty much useless in every way. Not awful, he didn't feed or anything, he just... basically never did anything. Meanwhile, their Jax wasn't particularly good either, but he was Jax and was allowed to free farm, so he took the first tower of the game, rotated to mid, took the second, rotated to dragon, took that, and rotated to bot to take that as well.

Things were pretty even all around save for the disparity in top lane. What won this game was the fact that they had a global gold advantage on top of two tower-destroying hypercarries.

THINGS I SCREWED UP:

- I made two poor engages this game which cost me my life both times. Both were incredibly stupid, boneheaded plays that I have absolutely no excuse for having made.
- Terry Pratchett
Foolamancer
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 25, 2013 12:55pm | Report

Much better.

Bans were Blitzcrank, Malphite, Zed, Thresh, Kassadin, and Fizz.

Easy enough game. Pretty boring for the most part at the beginning; Darius was getting kicked around in top lane, but the other lanes were holding their own. Nasus, for some reason, attempted to invade me at my red buff, so I kicked the **** out of him and sent him packing with his Ghost burned.

I got a few minor ganks in, a few kills, but nothing really spectacular. The first real event of the game occurred when I ganked Jax in top lane and killed him. We took the top tower, but they answered with dragon. Fortunately, I followed it up with going down bot, getting a double kill, and taking that tower as well. And, since we had the dragon timer, they never got another dragon.

The only reason this game dragged on as long as it did was because the team, and Varus in particular, just couldn't get it through their heads that towers were more important than kills. When we stacked up mid to take that tower, they would always avoid putting any damage on the tower itself in favor of poking the enemy team. That worked, yeah, but the enemy team had no means of stopping us from poking the tower, so we could have had things done with about ten minutes sooner if we had just cut out all the sieging.

Anyway. In the end, even though we dawdled they couldn't stop us. Jax was their only hope, but I snowballed too hard and made it a point to shut him down in every fight. We took every tower, every inhibitor, Baron, and finally they surrendered as we took the nexus for a double explosion.

- I tried to kill Jax when he was low health during the early game. I succeeded, but I forgot that Ignite was a thing and died after killing him as a result. Not worth.
- Terry Pratchett
Foolamancer
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 27, 2013 9:46am | Report

My first dodge. Because... no. Just no.

AD carry Thresh, support Teemo, AP Xin Zhao top... just no. Actual games incoming shortly.
- Terry Pratchett
Foolamancer
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 27, 2013 9:52am | Report

riot

pls
- Terry Pratchett
Foolamancer
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 27, 2013 10:33am | Report

What a surprise.

Bans were Amumu, Blitzcrank, Jinx, Ahri, Fizz, and Kassadin.

Teemo and Karthus were duo. Both were Gold V players with more losses than wins. And both of them fed horrifically while being incredibly toxic. The fact that Teemo was 0/4/0 at ten minutes, bought a Mejai's Soulstealer, and raged about "THIS BOT" should tell you everything you need to know.

I have low kill involvement this game because our team got no kills from teamfights, except when Karthus Revived for the Requiem. All of our team's kills were people running around being idiots. The enemy team threw so hard it was ridiculous, but my team was just completely helpless. I died once in lane because Taric got killed and Udyr showed up for an early tower dive, but didn't die any more until the teamfights started happening - at which point Vi and Corki would just dive me every time.

And Taric decided that he wanted to go mid, for some reason. So I couldn't farm due to being 1v2 bot.

Hooray for duos. They truly are a positive influence on the League community.

- I walked into a lot more Thresh hooks than I needed to. Only one of them actually resulted in me dying (that early dive), but I could have played bot lane a lot more intelligently.
- My farm this game was abysmal. Yes, I was 1v2 bot, but I could still have done better than that.

Other than that... no way to save this game.
- Terry Pratchett
Foolamancer
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 28, 2013 1:26pm | Report

HNNNNNG

TEAM

SO

HEAAAAVY

Bans were Amumu, Fizz, Jinx, Kassadin, Ahri, and Blitzcrank.

Dr. Mundo top lane, AP Cho'Gath mid. This was shaky from champion select. And when Dr. Mundo went 0/5/0 in lane, and every other lane fed as well, I knew this was going to be rough. But I carried like a monster for most of it. My play wasn't perfect. There were sloppy engages, messy teamfights, throws coming out in force. But I did what I could and it was almost enough.

Almost.

The only thing that absolutely cost us the game was Cho'Gath. After we aced them at our nexus, we barreled down mid and pushed all the way to the inhibitor before they respawned. Everyone on our team repeatedly pinged to fall back, fall back, the game had broken, we could win teamfights and just push to win after that, but Cho'Gath didn't listen. He died, which left us 4v5 attempting to defend the nexus. We actually killed four out of their five team members, but Zyra's last autoattack was enough to clinch the win.
- Terry Pratchett
Foolamancer
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 28, 2013 2:16pm | Report

Holy **** I am so rusty at AD.

Bans were Renekton, Kassadin, Ahri, Fizz, Jax, and Blitzcrank.

Riven carried this game, pretty much. The enemy Yorick was absolutely abysmal - 0/6/0 by ten minutes - and so Riven just snowballed like crazy and won pretty much single-handed. My support Annie spend most of the time in lane dead, on account of liking to Flash into Death Sentence, so my farm this game was even more abysmal than it would normally be (and when we got out of the laning phase, we had a super-fed Riven and a Malzahar to instantly get 100% CS, so I couldn't really farm other lanes). However, I at least managed to avoid dying in lane, and farmed as best I could. I even took the bottom tower before they got ours, because Quinn was fond of roaming.

So I made the best of a bad situation and, fortunately, Riven was fed enough to just demolish the enemy team. Oh, and for some reason they just let me stand at the edge of teamfights and autoattack everyone to death.

THINGS I SCREWED UP:

- My AD mechanics definitely need work. I've been focusing on jungling pretty much exclusively, and my already-just-slightly-above-average AD mechanics have begun to decay as a result.
- Terry Pratchett
Foolamancer
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 28, 2013 2:48pm | Report

"Mid or feed" Annie did not get mid and proceeded to feed. Also took Smite and followed me around in the jungle taking the big monsters. Nothing I could have done.

Oh, and the only reason Twisted Fate has fewer deaths than me, Varus, and Garen is because he went AFK as well.
- Terry Pratchett

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide