Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

The Fool's Adventures In Scrubdom

Creator: Foolamancer August 28, 2013 8:29am
Foolamancer
<Member>
Foolamancer's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 17, 2013 5:10pm | Report

I forgot to write down the bans.

Not much to say about this one, though. Twisted Fate, Sona, and Jinx were all feeding brutally throughout the game. Twisted Fate continuously pushed to tower without wards, and when he ulted (he only did it once during the laning phase), he did it directly under the enemy tower when they were at full health and no one could possibly back him up. Jinx and Sona were just helpless.

This game was over before fifteen minutes. They had three hypercarries on their team, two invulnerabilities, and one AOE damage reduction spell. Our only hope this game was going to be that Twisted Fate's early global pressure could win it for us before they ramped up, but instead, he just fed. As did bot. So.

THINGS I SCREWED UP:

- Missed Smite during a dragon steal attempt. It was a long shot to begin with, though. I only attempted it because if they took another dragon, their lead would be insurmountable. It didn't work, and for some reason, Twisted Fate took that as a sign for him to ult into the middle of the enemy team, while Sona and Jinx flashed over the dragon pit wall to join him in getting massacred. Maybe they didn't want him to feel lonely or something.
"Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness."
- Terry Pratchett
Foolamancer
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 17, 2013 6:16pm | Report

This game was pretty easy, made a dumb call that gave up a tower at one point but otherwise a perfect game. My only death was literally as they surrendered.

But the system screwed up and I didn't get any LP for my win. :(
- Terry Pratchett
Lucorian5
<Member>
Lucorian5's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 17, 2013 6:34pm | Report
ah man that's really rough :/.

Though on a related note, I recently lost no points for a ranked loss due to lagging out of the end game screen, though I'm sure that's not what you want to hear right now :P

A +rep is always nice, and if I helped you out, do give one (or more) of my guides a read! Feedback is very welcome, and if you liked them give them a vote!
Foolamancer
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 17, 2013 6:54pm | Report

Looks like it did count those LP after all!

Bans were Blitzcrank, Zed, Thresh, Kassadin, Jax, and Jinx.

Not much to say about this one. Murder happened, I was legendary by ten minutes then started donating kills, they surrendered, qualified for a series.
- Terry Pratchett
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 18, 2013 4:40am | Report
gl with your series bud :3

sure looks like it...but could have built better than that....you ever try it maw? it is pretty fun. gotta do it at low elo though or you will get rolled...graves actually makes a good partner...draven also.

No I haven't. I might be willing to if it's fun though ;P
Foolamancer
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 18, 2013 6:03am | Report
Quoted:

Is that support Voli?

Yeah. Not all that uncommon, weirdly enough, because people will play absolutely anything as support at this level. And they get away with it, too, because people will feed them. "The meta" just means "things people actually sort of understand and know how to deal with" at this ELO. Playing a "support" like Volibear usually just means free kills and an extra member of the team who actually has gold and does damage.

I mean, it didn't really work out in that specific game, but still.
- Terry Pratchett
Foolamancer
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 18, 2013 1:44pm | Report

One down.

Bans were Zed, Thresh, Nasus, Shen, Blitzcrank, and Kassadin.

This one started out rough. We had an AP Malphite top against a proxy Singed, so that wasn't exactly the best matchup in the world, and Fizz is just a pain to gank. As if that weren't enough, every single one of our team's laners gave up a kill before five minutes, including First Blood to Jax. The score was 1 to 8 at ten minutes in, and we lost the first dragon because bot lane got killed again.

Then I decided that I wasn't going to lose the first game of my series and went into Man Mode. Jinx and Morgana were leaving huge, obvious gaps in their ward timing, and Janna bought a couple pink wards to boot, which meant that I got a series of easy double kill ganks in on bot. I was 4/0/1 at fifteen minutes. Jax stole my red buff once while I was holding mid due to Orianna dying again, but I answered by murdering Fizz as soon as she got back into lane, then headed up top and actually managed to kill both Singed and Jax as they tried a dive on Malphite.

That was basically game. After one of my ganks in bottom lane, we took that tower, along with the game's second dragon, then stacked up in mid and took two towers there. Our advantage from that point was too huge. Jax got snowballed early, but couldn't keep up with me in the jungle or in teamfights, and with Malphite, Jarvan IV, and Orianna all tossing their ults down at once, teamfights were a breeze. As if that wasn't enough, Vayne took the kills I gave her from my repeated successful bot ganks and snowballed out of control, which just sealed the enemy team's loss.

THINGS I SCREWED UP THIS GAME:

- I honestly don't remember what killed me this game. :|
- Terry Pratchett
Foolamancer
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 20, 2013 5:15pm | Report

TAKE THAT DON CHEEDLE

Bans were Jax, Sona, Nami, Vayne, Kassadin, and Ahri.

Karthus, as you can probably tell from the pregame screenshot (he's threatening to AFK because he let himself get counterpicked), was incredibly toxic and half-trolling all game. He was AFK for the first five minutes, fed First Blood to Fizz as soon as he got into lane, and then threatened to report Fizz for "tryharding" and the rest of us for "not helping him". He also spent more time in the jungle than in his lane. He walked in and took my jungle camps as I was in the process of taking them multiple times.

Still, Draven knew what he was doing, and with my help Garen completely smashed top lane. And because Lux was paying attention and calling out for Karthus to cast Requiem whenever an enemy was low, he got free kills despite his being awful. I got a successful double kill gank on bottom lane that got us an early tower and a free dragon, then took top tower as well, rotated to midlane, and took that one to boot. Then we took a second dragon without so much as a hint of a contest from the enemy team, and it was game.

THINGS I SCREWED UP:

- My death this game wasn't actually a mistake. It was a turn-and-burn commit to a fight that I knew would kill me, but which I knew would ace the enemy team and let us win the game - they chased too far after we took their inhibitor, and Karthus could Teleport in on the minions. The mistake I made this game was missing an EQ combo while Udyr tower-dived me early on. If I had landed that, he would have died, but since I missed, he escaped with a sliver of health.
- Terry Pratchett
Hogopogo
<Altruistic Artist>
Hogopogo's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 22, 2013 5:29am | Report
Gratz :) Looks like jarman is really working out for you!
Foolamancer
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2013 1:20pm | Report

Couldn't last forever.

Bans were Kassadin, Shen, Jinx, Blitzcrank, Thresh, and Ahri.

I was last pick this game and ended up support to our AD carry Quinn. As you can see, it didn't really work out; when seven deaths is less than almost anyone else on the team, you know things went bad in a big way.

Their team was intimidating from the start, simply because games in Silver always drag on much longer than they should, so teams with a superior late-game already look more powerful than usual. With Bullet Time + Cataclysm + Stranglethorns just waiting to happen from the enemy team, Zed to obliterate any of our carries and Jax to just go Man Mode, I knew this was going to be rough. We had to win the laning phase to stand any chance at all.

We didn't win the laning phase.

I considered going Fiddlesticks support in order to gut Zed's combo, but in the end I settled on Nami due to her superior range (and thus better ability to answer Bullet Time). It didn't go particularly well, though; I gave up First Blood due to a really, really bad misplay on my part in a level 2 engage. However, aside from that, I played the laning phase fairly well. I traded well, turned around a gank from the enemy Jarvan IV to get Quinn a double, and so on.

The problem was that Xin Zhao was one of those junglers who doesn't understand that getting a kill for yourself is not worth burying your laner. There were not one, not two, but three occasions where he tower-dived Miss Fortune, which got him a kill but also gave one to her since he died to the tower posthumously. That meant that he got some gold, which was okay, but it also meant that Miss Fortune had a big edge over Quinn, since Xin Zhao wasn't a constant presence in bot. His dives weren't ganks - they were literally him just walking through their jungle to E onto her while she was attempting to back. So he buried bot lane without giving us any advantage at all.

Meanwhile, Jax was godlike at fifteen minutes, and Zed was unstoppable. So. Around that mark, they started orchestrating repeated four-man dives against myself and Quinn. I died to the first of them, but none of the others. Quinn died to every single one, because apparently map awareness is for stupid people. So is not standing in Bullet Time and Stranglethorns; she died to that combo four times, without even attempting to move out. She just stood there and autoattacked while she died.

So top fed, mid fed, jungle fed, and AD carry eventually fed. I was 1/3/6 when the first teamfights broke out, which was still by far the fewest deaths on the team. And at that point they were all just too strong for us to have any hope of victory.

THINGS I SCREWED UP:

- That level two engage. I missed my Aqua Prison and didn't recognize that as the signal to disengage, and it cost us First Blood.
- It wouldn't have made any real difference, but I could have been more accurate with Aqua Prisons in general. I missed far too many during the laning phase.
- While my Tidal Wave uses were not too bad overall - I at least nailed Miss Fortune every time, stopping her ult - they could have been better. Hitting Jax and Zed as well wouldn't have actually won any fights, since they were all stupidly fed, but it could have at least made me happier with my own performance.
- Terry Pratchett

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide