Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

VexRoth - All That Is Ranked

Creator: VexRoth January 26, 2015 10:41pm
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 22, 2016 7:49pm | Report

Thought this would be a **** show with all the squishes on or team, some picked into the Akali. Twitch comes out of lane 6-1 or something like that and our team cannot be bothered to just sit on Twitch and smack the **** out of Akali if she looks sideways at him, despite several requests to group on my part. So despite the fact that aside from Syndra, we pretty much stomped the laning phase come Mid game and into the later part of the game, the team just gets picked off by Akali and Vi 1 by 1. GG.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 25, 2016 3:22pm | Report

Accidental ranked game. Whoops! Kind of a cluster. Fiora couldn't find a fight she didn't like even while signficantly behind. When we did fight their team fight was more effective than ours. Zac kept living because Riven would Teleport on his bloblets. Couldn't seem to get anything meaningful going even when we picked up a couple of kills. One of those instances being a chance to take Dragon. Jinx ran Bot lane to pick up some farm and the rest of the team went into their jungle to harass Zac. At least one of our team dies though I believe we kill traded on that one. We finally focused Dragon and took it, but it would have been so much smoother if people had just come when I pinged after we picked up the kills that allowed us a chance to take the Dragon in the first place.

So pretty much a comedy of errors where we were making all the errors.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 25, 2016 8:34pm | Report

Team was a little more coordinated than my last couple. Helped Graves pick up a kill on Maokai. Blew Vel'Koz's Flash and Heal in short order which gave Akali some breathing room and fended off some gank attempts by Hecarim in Bot lane. Eventually, Akali was able to roam so she picked up some kills in Bot lane and Top lane. Once she got Rylai's Crystal Scepter she was able to stick to their champions well, which netted us some more kills. Managed decent Dragon control, including two Infernal Dragons, though we gave up one Water Dragon. We took their Bot tower but lost Graves in the process when Hecarim knocked him back into their team. With their Mid inhibitor already down we were able to rotate to Dragon and pick up the Elder and then run over and fend off and attempt at Baron. We started up Baron and they tried to fight us while we still had Elder Dragon on us and with sufficient peel for our carries we came out of that fight nicely ahead and were able to roll the game up from there.

I like Naut, but his CC is a little too fair unless you can layer it. E.g. Ult, into hook, into a slow. Aside from that he doesn't do enough damage with a standard tank build so you kind of become a peel Bot that can be largely ignored. And his movement speed of 325 is godawful. But then against sometimes I feel entirely ineffective as an assassin so...
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 25, 2016 10:41pm | Report

Garen blows his Flash in a level 1 skirmish with Riven. Then dives her under tower. And goes ape**** when I dodn't gank the Riven who is standing by her tower. Umm, what exactly would you like me to do as a level 3 Diana? After that he went Mid, which wasn't much help because then Syndra started double killing Garen and Gangplank. I also made the mistake of underestimating just how fed she already was by you know defending tower after she killed GP again. And she freaking still had her ultimate up. So i guess the moral of that story is don't assume they used their ult unless you saw it. I should have bought an Abyssal Mask second given how fed she was.

Item 2, if you are an autoattack based champion. Don't dive onto Teemo unless you are sure you can kill him with your burst damage without relying on autoattacks. Item 3 definitely don't dive onto him if he is acting squirrely. Their entire team really might be in the bush behind him.

So mistakes were made. Too many for my team to pull out a V. :-(
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 26, 2016 9:29pm | Report

Goal. Get Akali fed. Objective - Achieved.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 28, 2016 7:27pm | Report

Goal. Get Akali to shut up. Objective - Achieved - sort of. Unfortunately, you can't mute pings. :-/
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 28, 2016 8:46pm | Report

We one the early game and had a good dragon control, but we struggled Mid game after Zed got some items and started deleting our carries because we wouldn't group. Once we grouped I could sit on our carries and keep Jinx out of the fight for a while with Depth Charge then we started winning.

Had one extremely dumb death trying to save Alistar. I figured he was tanky enough that I could help get him out, but no dice as they had a a surprising amount of chase potential.

Zed is still freaking annoying. Oh I killed your carry and got out clean. Or I am going to split push and then hop all over the place with my shadows leading you on a merry chase while my team gets something else on the map and while I am at it I'll kill one of your carries and laugh as I pop back to one of my various shadows and get away cleanly. Except we started locking him down while managing to fend of their pushes in other areas on the map so they stopped gaining on us.

Our Brand was quite good at using Rylai's Crystal Scepter and his stun to kite, but he didn't buy Zhonya's Hourglass until his last item so Zed started getting the drop on him.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 28, 2016 10:21pm | Report

Not sure how that was not an S. But that aside. I did more damage than Akali...

I missed my Smite on the first Infernal Dragon somehow (I suspect Kha'Zix's model got in the way when he leaped into the pit.) The Dragon went from around 1000 health to 170 health silly fast, so I didn't have a chance to Smite it right at my Smite value at the time

Should not try for Baron if you know the enemy is coming after taking the Elder Dragon, especially if they got two Infernal Drakes, because your team was ****ing around doing other things while you were pingind the second Infernal Drake.

Just need to remember to peel in team fights, if your team gets engaged on. No heroics like trying to ult their Caitlyn and keep her out of the fight after that. Find your carries and disuade divers as much as possible. Remind, Nami to do the same. Her ult can be used for engage but how about using it to keep Kha'Zix, Riven, and Fizz of them mkay?
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 2, 2016 6:20pm | Report

Sat on my carries in fights and skirmishes, which allowed Viktor to pick up a triple kill in an instance where he would have otherwise been caught out after and overstay by the rest of the team.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 2, 2016 6:30pm | Report

One of those games where no one on our team was making good decisions and we couldn't manage to coordinate well enough to clean up easy kills. Or when we did manage to pick up some kills we didn't have minions in position to take advantage of those situations.

Later in game I ended up trying to do too much and getting dog piled without really acoomplishing my objectives.

Had a couple of mechanical mistakes here and there. Skarner's R is not forgiving as far as the hit box, which means you pretty much have to be on top of your target to insure that it hits and it is super frustrating when your team, can't clean up a victim that you drag back to them. I did everything except put it on an actual platter. Come on!!! Feelsbadman.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide