Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

VexRoth - All That Is Ranked

Creator: VexRoth January 26, 2015 10:41pm
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 12, 2016 8:07pm | Report

Need to work on poking with Q, Plasma Fission in lane. Had one good roam where we picked up some kills Bot lane. If spotted by a ward while roaming so that the laners back off need to be careful on what path you take back. Ended up getting picked by Tryndamere and Annie after walking back after a second roam to Bot lane where their Bot laners backed off. Need to work on laying down ability combos in team fights to maximize the true damage from Organic Deconstruction outside of my ult.

Overall, felt like our team could have pressed advantages after fights better. Could have gotten a Baron in one instance and their Mid inner tower earlier in another, but the team scattered after the fight rather than pressing those objectives. Their team pressed for objectives after winning fights and ours didn't.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 12, 2016 8:57pm | Report

Fiora didn't connect until after everyone was already level 6 and we had a death before the 4 minute mark. I ended up laning against Sion for the interim and so wasn't able to start assisting other lanes until later in the game than I would have liked. A couple of deaths for try harding and overestimating my damage output especially given how far behind we were in gold.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 13, 2016 2:33pm | Report

Really enjoying Nocturne, especially with the tankier build as it often lets me contribute in team fights post assassination as opposed to getting chain CCd and killed if you go in to early with a more damage oriented build. I also love the fact that you can get to your targets often despite their wards via Paranoia. I went with a more On-Hit build this game because I wanted to be able to deal with their tanks and I was ahead enough to do so.

Takeaways/things I'm working on:

-Diving an Alistar or someone protected by an Alistar is dangerous, especially if you aren't full health.
-Should continue focusing on getting to where the action is even if I might not get there on time unless there is just no chance to get there. Sometimes you can cross map to protect a tower and if it is the first tower it is probably worth the trip.
-Watch the laners to know the enemies junglers pathing. Just dropping a ward whether you can gank or not can be a big deal. That pathing will likely continue at least for laning phase so you can continue to predict where the enemy jungler is going to show up outside of other clues like having laners pushed one way or the other.
-If your and their laners pictures mesh, F key over to that lane to see the current stats and lane position. If they are trading that can be a good lane to gank.
-I find 3 item actives tricky to juggle.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 13, 2016 3:19pm | Report

Then there was this game. Actually a really good Kog'Maw comp in its way. So much pain if you tried to go on him that it basically wasn't worth except he was the one murdering everyone and objectives.

This one felt really one sided after a laning phase.

Takeaway

-Have an early game jungler that can bully Kog'maw to the point of uselessness.
-Learn to play Kog'maw jungle? Still feel he is comp dependent.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 13, 2016 7:21pm | Report

One of my better Mid games in a while. Roamed Bot and Top for some kills. The Yasuo match-up really depends of the Yasuo player. It is hard to push him in because he can last hit fine under turret and playing in the middle of the lane is also annoying as he can dash onto you and then run behind you if he has enough room to work with, which will cause you to miss all your skills shots if you don't figure on where he is trying to go. We ended up trading kills early but he managed to do more damage to me first so he got the first blood.

Really this game was about Malphite who was rubbing his hands together in glee at the prospect of an all AD team. He had a nice ult when they had Baron down to about 1/3 health. I was able to layer my ult on top of his which ended up scoring him a triple kill. It was pretty much over from there.

Takeaways/Observations:

-Still don't like the Yasuo match-up but tried out roaming him and that seemed to work out in this case.
-Possibly could have sat on Seeker's Armguard but I tend to worry about getting all-ined whenever I am verses a Yasuo.
- Life Form Disintegration Ray call feel like it does squat for damage at times, even when the targets haven't built much or any MR. I suppose it depends on if they pick up enough Organic Deconstruction stacks during the channel time.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 13, 2016 8:36pm | Report

Irritating loss. Not sure what my team was doing half the time. Certainly not focusing on objectives. We killed Kayle with Dragon up and do we rotate to dragon since we have a 4v5? Nope, despite the fact that Lee Sin is over there ready to go.

Takeaways/Observations:

- Xerath is an annoying match-up. Early Boots are a good idea. The hit box on his Q doesn't really match the visual. It is wider than you think. The Rylai's Crystal Scepter slow is irritating as hell. Needs to decay faster than it does. Pretty much had to go Abyssal Mask to keep from getting poked to death. I managed the lane okay and got some decent roams off, but Kayle reached critical mass and it took at least two of us to deal with her, which took pressure off of the rest of the map.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 14, 2016 6:32pm | Report

This game was a struggle. The team just didn't coordinate very well. Thresh and Lucian didn't like each other and Teemo was adding fuel to the fire. Since they broke up and started 1-3-1ing us or lack of coordination made it really hard to deal with their team in a manner that got us objectives after we did manage to get a kill.

I tried too hard a couple of times trying to get something going and ended up dying for it for no gain since you know, lack of coordination.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 18, 2016 9:20pm | Report

I didn't itemize well for this game. Ahri was eating our lunch come mid game and I got too focused on that. Should have stacked armor and more health, but I'm not sure it would have mattered too much as our team was just too delicate to handle Wukong's damage output, which basically left me the last person standing after most team fights if we lost it.

Some really moronic plays by our team. Quinn overchasing Renekton, Jinx getting suckered, and me going **** I need to protect our idiot damage dealers and then get dog piled by their whole team. Fun fact as you get closer to their base it takes them less time to react so don't chase them for more than a 2nd or two unless you are sure you can finish the kill quickly.

A couple of Magical Journeys straight into death traps. Like people haven't seen that before. Really let your tank go first if you are going to take a Bard portal at all. smh

I asked Viktor to buy an Abyssal Mask more than once because Ahri was deleting him every fight. No joy on that.

Winnable with team mates that were more coordinated.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 19, 2016 11:08pm | Report

Jhin + Braum vs Lucian + Sion - Kind of annoying Sion poke. I died once stupidly when greeding just too much for some CS. Then we got Rengared pretty much immediately after coming back to lane. We lost tower after that. I picked it up Mid game and started getting some kills but Rengar could already jump over base walls at that point so it was dangerous to go anywhere without my entire team around me.

Zac - Jungle...Been hating it of late, because it doesn't seem to matter how much I gank, or farm, or counterjungle. My laners get **** on before I've gotten my first rotation through the jungle. Jungler doesn't do ****. Why yes, you do need to not die before I can get your lane if you want my help and if you can, you might want to poke your lane opponent a bit so they are low enough that we can kill them when I do get there. or you can shove them into tower with no wards out and pick your nose while they farm under the turret and then get ganked and die.

Anyway the Zac game was one of those games. Zed. I need help. You are an assassin and you haven't even damaged your lane opponent, Bot is getting crushed, and while Azir is doing well, he has Shyvana so scared she wouldn't come near the wave and oh look Kha'Zix showed up. Azir actually had some Teleport plays that netted some kills but that took pressure off of Shyvana which caused me to have to hold the turret for a couple of waves. Normally not a horrible thing, but damned if I didn't screw up every CS attempt trying to clear the waves off the turret, so only XP for me. Sigh. I don't really understand how people get so much mileage out of Zac. When I play him my team gets absolutely destroyed and it doesn't matter how far ahead I get, because in the end Zac is a tank and can't be everywhere all at once. No idea why the enemy team banned Nautilus.

Not sure what is up with my ranked play ATM. My normals history is quite good, so I think, let's go play ranked. Then yuck.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 22, 2016 6:08pm | Report

We really should have gotten punished much harder than we did for several of the plays our team went for, but we weren't so...

Had what I think was a weird interaction where I pulled Graves with Dredge Line and he was still able to dash over a river wall that I then slammed into, otherwise Akali and I would have cleaned him up.

Good early gank on Aatrox that netted us a kill.

Tried a couple of flash hooks but they were at angles so I didn't managed to connect with them. Likely should just be more patient.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide