Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

7.4 Tier List + AMA

Creator: H4xDefender February 20, 2014 5:06pm
4307 posts - page 100 of 431
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2014 5:06am | Report
100% agree with PsiGuard. It's really hard to carry with nondamaging or nondisplacement supports at low elos (although I think Nami deals good damage on her own if you go that path, unlike, say, Janna who is pretty unimpressive on that department) because without those you're 100% team reliant. I've played 12 Janna games on an elo span of silver 1 - gold 4 elo and it's hellish: if, on one hand, you can pretty much zone the enemy adc and support because you poke the hell out of them and they have no clue on how to react (missing skillshots, not reacting on time), it's also pretty terrible when you have an adc who also has no clue on how to poke/followup. And come teamfight time, your team is either doing ok and your utility really helps a lot or suddenly everyone disappeared despite wards + mickaeus + talisman of ascension + shield + tornado + ult.

I've had lost at least 3 kills every single of those games because my adc didn't react (or quoting a Jinx I had "I'm not comfortable with your aggressiveness Janna :S"), whereas with something like Karma i'd have just collected and rolled in ca$h. 7 wins out of 12 when I died 1/3rd or less than what my team mates died and after dominating all lane phases except 1 at that elo is really unimpressive. Of course this does not make it a fact or anything, but I really feel like you need a strong damaging support to carry yourself up til at least mid Gold at a decent pace.

Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2014 5:40am | Report
Weighing in on the supp discussion, I think Blitz, Sona, Karma (although I honestly haven't played Karma in forever) Leona are pretty great to carry yourself out of bronze/silver. It's definitely possible to carry yourself out with any (viable) support though. You may have to play a bit differently than you would normally if your adc sucks, but it's certainly still possible to win lane even with a **** adc, and it then becomes whether you can carry your team through teamfights which is significantly harder.

utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2014 9:02am | Report
I have found that the converse is not necessarily true though; If you are an ADC and you have a **** support, your bot lane is going to be pure misery
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2014 10:31am | Report
That's generally because supports carry during the laning phase...if they screw something up, all you can do is try not to die yourself and attempt to keep up on CS.
Hannul
<Inhouse Addict>
Hannul's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2014 3:48pm | Report
What if your tier list doesn't work for me.
Edit: I guess it's on the first page lel. But yeah my tiers are quite different from yours. Probably a matter of playstyle.

Basically how I play LoL
H4xDefender
<Veteran>
H4xDefender's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2014 8:31pm | Report
You can carry as any support in any ELO, its just that if you want to play more utility oriented supports you NEED to know when you can make your roams count, and make sure you are shotcalling in close games. Lower ELO players are out of position so much, but they don't realize it because nobody is good enough to capitalize on it consistently.
Darealone
<Member>
Darealone's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2014 8:45pm | Report
My bby Nidalee still OP?
I main...the entire top lane.
I miss: Tank Rengar top, AD Nidalee, Mash Keyboard Ryze...the OPs
Azhag
<Member>
Azhag's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 7, 2014 9:04am | Report
PsiGuard wrote:
If you are duo-queueing with someone who can carry some of the mid-late game weight, supports like Nami, Janna and Lulu become a lot more useful. They can win in laning phase pretty hard but you need a good damage threat to protect if you want to win team fights, so it's safer to run them if you have a little more faith in your carries (higher elo or duo-queuing basically).

By the way, I find Zilean extremly useful in duo queue with adc.
Cooper112
<Member>
Cooper112's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 7, 2014 3:38pm | Report
Are elise and Eve really all that great any more. I find elise cant carry games all that well now and most pro players say eve is horrible atm.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 7, 2014 4:18pm | Report
Why is tauntbot Rammus rising and how can we stop it. Seriously, people do love playing bot-like champs that basically only use one ability
Thank you Byron for 2014's loudest laugh up till today

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide