Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

7.4 Tier List + AMA

Creator: H4xDefender February 20, 2014 5:06pm
4307 posts - page 99 of 431
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 5, 2014 11:15am | Report
If you blame your teammates for the reason you lose then it's not your teammates, you're the common denominator here. If you lose a majority of your games on Nami then it's probably you. Every single support is capable of carrying at any elo. Its hard for me to carry with Nami because I'm not very good at her, not because she can't win games on her own, she has a lot of catch potential. But i think it's a lot easier to carry with a Nami than Janna in general. In any case, a lot of carrying with support is zoning the enemy team, creating pressure, gaining/denying vision; these are all things you do individually to give advantages to your AD and teammates. So if you're losing a lot of games on support its not because there are only certain champs that carry you just suck at creating advantages for your team
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 5, 2014 11:43am | Report
Ask anyone who plays with me regularly, I blame no one but myself when it comes down to it to the point of being pretty damn ridiculous.

Nami's early game is really good by itself, so in lane she can actually carry pretty well just by being a bully with Ebb and Flow.

But catch potential relies on allies being able to make something of it. If I land an Aqua Prison on four enemies when my allies are in a good position to fight and they don't react in a timely manner or at all, there's really nothing I can do except ping a bunch beforehand and hope they react better next time.

I'm not saying she can't carry at all, I'm saying other champions are going to be easier to carry with.
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 5, 2014 12:04pm | Report

NA is full of ****py players about like you'd expect in low elo.

Eh...I'm a perfect example of how Nami doesn't carry for **** in low elo. At least not on NA.

no what you're really saying is Nami doesn't carry for **** because my teammates suck.

But catch potential relies on allies being able to make something of it. If I land an Aqua Prison on four enemies when my allies are in a good position to fight and they don't react in a timely manner or at all, there's really nothing I can do except ping a bunch beforehand and hope they react better next time.

That would be true of every champion with catch potential; Leona, Blitzcrank, Thresh, etc. but they're fine. I guarantee that you do not play with absolute ******s that have no idea how to follow up an Aqua Prison or Solar Flare, especially if you lane a 4 man Nami Q, and if you do I think that would speak as much to the elo you're in as the players
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 5, 2014 12:08pm | Report
I never said it didn't speak to the elo I was in, actually that was the entire point of my original comment .-.
H4xDefender
<Veteran>
H4xDefender's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 5, 2014 6:16pm | Report
Viktor seems promising, probably going to stick him in upper tier 2. Soraka i still have no clue about.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 5, 2014 6:35pm | Report
Viktor seems promising, probably going to stick him in upper tier 2.

His major problem atm is the fact that a few of the popular champions are overall tough matchups, like Xerath and Syndra.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 5, 2014 7:05pm | Report
FalseoGod wrote:
You're probably a lot more experienced with him than I am. Hybrid pen marks, flat AP or MS Quints depending on matchup, armor + health combination on seals and mres glyphs (he's still short ranged).

Core and lich bane rush as well. Void staff, Rabadon, Zhonya/Rylai, although sometimes I get a Morello for CDR and if the enemy team has a lot of annoying healers like Nami/Irelia/ADC combination on stuff like that.

Similar build to me then, though I use a few personalizations. On runes though, I've started just using Mpen instead of hybrid pen because his Q makes the auto entirely magical damage.
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 5, 2014 8:14pm | Report

His major problem atm is the fact that a few of the popular champions are overall tough matchups, like Xerath and Syndra.

Can verify. Longer ranged champions and/or insta-cast champions absolutely give him hell.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 5, 2014 8:44pm | Report
sirell wrote:

Can verify. Longer ranged champions and/or insta-cast champions absolutely give him hell.

Starting boots does a lot against those champions, although it does lower your damage output significantly.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 5, 2014 10:13pm | Report
Weighing in on the support discussion:

I think the best low elo supports for solo-carrying are: Thresh, Blitzcrank, Zyra, Vel'Koz, Karma and Annie (you could probably make some other mages work but those are the ones that I've seen and tried for myself). Blitz and Thresh can give your team really easy picks while the other supports can end up building AP and outdamaging your whole team if necessary.

If you are duo-queueing with someone who can carry some of the mid-late game weight, supports like Nami, Janna and Lulu become a lot more useful. They can win in laning phase pretty hard but you need a good damage threat to protect if you want to win team fights, so it's safer to run them if you have a little more faith in your carries (higher elo or duo-queuing basically).
Thanks to Jovy for the sig!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide