Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

7.4 Tier List + AMA

Creator: H4xDefender February 20, 2014 5:06pm
4307 posts - page 116 of 431
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 14, 2014 4:21am | Report
The Panth ult takes a bit more team coordination or opportunistic soloq player to make it work. Since it's completely broadcasted when it drops, the most reliable ways to make sure it hits is to do it right on top of a teamfight or when the enemy team's movements are restricted (neutral monster pits, buffs, jungle, tower dives etc). I'm thinking that the way it works is similar to, say, a Morgana ult, where the team-stun is broadcasted. thinking that Pantheon isn't useful later in the game is just because you have trouble knowing how to play him throughout the game.

The major problem with Pantheon is mostly as False says. He doesn't bring much utility to the field and so doesn't do well playing from behind, particularly in the hands of players who play like they're winning all the time.
Cooper112
<Member>
Cooper112's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 14, 2014 4:58am | Report
Pantheon ultimate is fine in solo Q don't need much team play he can roam gank with it and split there team late in game and become more of a tank who goes in first.

Any saying his ultimate is bad just does not know how play or use it correctly all snout timeing
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 14, 2014 5:27am | Report

So, Sion's ult is unreliable? How about that?
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 14, 2014 6:41am | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

So, Sion's ult is unreliable? How about that?

Do you know what that word means? That means that if try this kind of stuff 10 times, that it will work out like this about 2 times. What if the Jinx would've had her flash up and blocked it, then the Thresh proceeded to keep him in tower range? That's just one of the scenarios, the other seven involve Sion crashing into the tower because the angle was slightly off.
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 14, 2014 7:10am | Report
Or they hear the ult, walk away and Sion just misses anyway.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 14, 2014 7:14am | Report
sirell wrote:
Or they hear the ult, walk away and Sion just misses anyway.

Pfff well, like that would ever happen. Sirell don't come up with these ridiculous scenarios in which everyone is a pro player. Oh wait, it is that easy? Well, never mind then.
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 14, 2014 7:37am | Report
Man, I just realised how stoooooopid I sounded.
youbleedred
<Member>
youbleedred's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 14, 2014 2:23pm | Report
hex, what is your opinion on FOTM Jayce
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 14, 2014 2:33pm | Report
hex, what is your opinion on FOTM Jayce

Like two pages back, already discussed.
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 14, 2014 3:05pm | Report
Code:
FalseoGod wrote:

Ok let's calm down a bit. Pantheon's level 3 + ganks are not that easy to pretend they're trash, he brings more damage than eve with a tradeoff in terms of visibility. But he ganks lanes with decent CC extremely well, pretty much guaranteeing a Flash blown (not to mention he may enable a successful dive due to passive). Most people just don't know when to stop piling up on Brutalizer's and get items that allow him to Man Drop and/or W into a team and not disappear in 0.2 seconds but a good panth player can be a very valuable early mid/midgame asset to a team.

The issue with most fighter players up until my elo, at least, is that they don't know how to play their champs if they're getting pooped on (pretty much like many assassin players, who always play like they're Legendary).

False, I'm not bashing panth because I hate him or something... I've just legitimately never seen it work out well, even before the nerf

Everytime I get an eve my enemy laners play super cautious which is already enough to justify her presence and if they overstep eve just waltzes in and we get a kill, usually without a countergank due to the lack of visibility

With panth its basically free kills every time the enemy engages on me but unless you have some long ranged cc to let him follow up on he kinda gets screwed by careful enemies later on (i.e morg snare or syndra stun so he can follow with w) while eve can just run around mostly undetected cause lolwho needs pinks in solo q and get successful flanks time and time again

Also idk why but everytime I see a panth they like build lizard elder>brut>/HYDRA/ OR die 5 times realize they need to be tanky and then sit on a cowl for 50 mins because they cant/don't farm for **** while eves almost ALWAYS go lizard>hexdrinker/wardens mail>full tank

sirell wrote:
The Panth ult takes a bit more team coordination or opportunistic soloq player to make it work. Since it's completely broadcasted when it drops, the most reliable ways to make sure it hits is to do it right on top of a teamfight or when the enemy team's movements are restricted (neutral monster pits, buffs, jungle, tower dives etc). I'm thinking that the way it works is similar to, say, a Morgana ult, where the team-stun is broadcasted. thinking that Pantheon isn't useful later in the game is just because you have trouble knowing how to play him throughout the game.

The major problem with Pantheon is mostly as False says. He doesn't bring much utility to the field and so doesn't do well playing from behind, particularly in the hands of players who play like they're winning all the time.

I never play panth nor do I jungle. I'm expressing my opinions from witnessing jungle panths of my elo. If you have a team that can lockdown enemies long enough for a mandrop then isn't it better to just get an eve to make landing those aoe ults easier?

I also feel like panth ult being extremely delayed kinda sucks because of the fact that if the enemies aren't stunlocked for the 3 years it takes to charge, your team will basically be fighting 4v5 until you drop in. I can see it being useful for cleanups or to cut off escaping targets but nobody in my elo has ever done that properly

On a sidenote, isn't morgana ult practically used to peel? That means people will be jumping on your adc AND staying inside your ultimate tether WILLINGLY until they kill him... I haven't seen a morg do the Flash>Ult>zhonyas strat in a very long time and I feel it's sort of foolish especially since the first thing you should do when facing morg is get a talisman to prevent these sort of situations... and the fact that the league of gapclosers really screws her over 8) Speaking of which, doesn't talisman screw over pantheon engages too? but like completely screw over? You can literally walk out of it if you have a janna/karma on your team too LOL

Needless to say panth can work just like any champ, I've just found him to be useless in every game I've played where he doesn't stomp and I feel like other similarly ranked champions (Fiddle, Amumu, Eve, Vi, Nocturne and wukong) fare much better than him simply because when these champs are picked (ESPECIALLY Vi, Wukong and eve) I tend to win a lot more consistently.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide