Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

7.4 Tier List + AMA

Creator: H4xDefender February 20, 2014 5:06pm
4307 posts - page 132 of 431
H4xDefender
<Veteran>
H4xDefender's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 27, 2014 12:10am | Report
If i had to pick an ap that was similar to syndra overall, id pick leblanc.
H4xDefender
<Veteran>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 27, 2014 12:12am | Report
Serious question, can malzahar cancel his ult by walking away? And how do the damage ticks from his ult work?
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 27, 2014 12:22am | Report
Serious question, can malzahar cancel his ult by walking away? And how do the damage ticks from his ult work?

Yes. Ignite range is also shorter than ult range, so if you ignite whilst ulting at max range, then it will interrupt your ultimate as it causes you to move forward. Also, damage is dealt ever 0.5 seconds.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 27, 2014 3:09am | Report
I cannot stress the amount of times I've accidently canceled my Malz ult because I was trying to Ignite :|

Veigar, in my opinion, is the closest to Syndra in the game, but a lot more unidirectional and with less guaranteed self-protection (Syndra's E is a lot more reliable than Veigar's, and works better against tenacity). LeBlanc is way too mobile. However, you can argue Leblanc is closer to Syndra as a laner (ie: a lot more bullying and snowballing potential than Veigar).
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 27, 2014 3:15am | Report
tbh I think syndra is also pretty mobile too considering the fact that her q can be cast while moving, though not in the same sense as leblanc

As for champs similar to syndra? Well, relatively good sustain damage, pretty good poke, long ranged AoE cc, decent self peel, massive burst and okayish mobility on one champ... Well, I'm afraid such a champ doesn't exist yet :P

malz is poop

Any ranged squishy mage that disables hisself at the cost of disabling the enemy in near melee range is a nono
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 27, 2014 3:25am | Report
You can't say that casting while moving gives a champion mobility, it's like saying Viktor is mobile once he has Q upgrade, or Cass is mobile as long as an enemy is poisoned. Leblanc can cross over half a lane with W+R and can retrace that range. Kassadin can flash like every 0.1 seconds. Yasuo can dash an entire minion wave.
Even Orianna's W makes her more mobile than Syndra and that doesn't make her some amazing map-jumping monster.

Malzahar, like every other champion, has redeeming qualities. He is a good laner who shouldn't be having an incredibly hard time except against highly mobile assassins (and even so he can pull a Morgana and just farm with E at a safe distance) and his W + ult makes him very good against dives/offtank all ins. He has good numbers and AoE, unfortunately nearly everything about him is QSSable and ult aside he protects himself poorly
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 27, 2014 3:45am | Report
Exactly why I said "not in the same sense as leblanc" lel

As for malz... well, having redeeming qualities doesn't mean he's any less **** LOL
H4xDefender
<Veteran>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 27, 2014 4:45am | Report
FalseoGod wrote:
I cannot stress the amount of times I've accidently canceled my Malz ult because I was trying to Ignite :|

Veigar, in my opinion, is the closest to Syndra in the game, but a lot more unidirectional and with less guaranteed self-protection (Syndra's E is a lot more reliable than Veigar's, and works better against tenacity). LeBlanc is way too mobile. However, you can argue Leblanc is closer to Syndra as a laner (ie: a lot more bullying and snowballing potential than Veigar).

i meant strictly in a stylistic sort of sense, not really kitwise. both champs have solid roam, amazing single target burst, average aoe damage, great pickoff potential, a hugely important ult, strong laning, a lot of outplay potential, and a lockup skillshot cc. (obv syndra's being hard cc, leblanc's being soft) almost every mid laner i've played on a team with has either excelled at both these champs, or shied away from both altogether, and ive always felt its because they share a similar style, with the obvious difference being leblanc's superior mobility as tradeoff for hard cc.
Zordagoth
<Member>
Zordagoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 27, 2014 7:16am | Report
XeresAce wrote:
Any ranged squishy mage that disables hisself at the cost of disabling the enemy in near melee range is a nono

In lane his ult is the reason even Zed don't want to all in you, and in teamfight you can use it to erase that nasty diver who's killing your lovely Adc ...

He has many downsides ok, but don't say ****ty ;_;
Cooper112
<Member>
Cooper112's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 27, 2014 2:22pm | Report
LeBlanc might be similar how easy is she to play well? I dont play ahri because i find i miss e way to much and fail my combo. Syndra i found simple and easy when most people said shes hard to play lol i found her very easy more so than anyone else.

Syndra is nice and easy for me and its not really like your abilities are hard to hit even e i found easy to get used to.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide