Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

7.4 Tier List + AMA

Creator: H4xDefender February 20, 2014 5:06pm
4307 posts - page 135 of 431
I want to be a Blitzball's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 30, 2014 1:50am | Report
Does anyone here have experience with Jarvan IV top? I played it a little, and it seems to work rather well. Obviously not the best top out there, but I thought it was ok. You do've good damage on lane, and if you build damage if you're ahead can really burst someone.

Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 30, 2014 4:56am | Report
Does anyone here have experience with Jarvan IV top? I played it a little, and it seems to work rather well. Obviously not the best top out there, but I thought it was ok. You do've good damage on lane, and if you build damage if you're ahead can really burst someone.

Ask Grandmistress' D

@Cooper you could always make your own tier list and not waste 4 days saying Elise should be down two spots after being shown she shouldn't.

Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 30, 2014 6:37am | Report

Yes, I do. I like it.

His passive makes it so that trading an auto for an auto in lane is pretty much always worth it and his E-Q-R can be quite a bursty combo (as you mentioned). I feel like it's generally best to poke your enemy with Q a couple of times before trying to go all in though, because he's somewhat vulnerable once his abilities are on cooldown, especially if you miss your E-Q (though I suppose that's fairly obvious). Make sure to watch your mana while poking, because otherwise you might end up not having enough mana to even pull off the E-Q-R combo once your opponent is low enough :P

I haven't really played him enough to know which lane matchups he should look to avoid, but in general I tend to pick him if the enemy team has an immobile AP/AD Carry, since in teamfights there's not much they can do to avoid being bursted by J4's combo apart from Flashing away.

In terms of the build, I tend to rush damage items ( Ravenous Hydra + Black Cleaver/ Youmuu's Ghostblade) before getting a Randuin's Omen/ Banshee's Veil/ Guardian Angel or even more damage depending on how the game's going. A Hexdrinker is obviously good too if you want the best of both worlds.

Tier 2 is probably the correct place for him, btw.

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
Vorcia
<Member>
Vorcia's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 30, 2014 7:12am | Report

I might be wrong but from what I've played J4 seems to be really good at bullying champs weaker than him early on (usually assassins), but doesn't fare nearly as well against other bruisers like Darius and Renekton. His burst and CC also makes Ranged lanes easier for him. I'm not sure if he counters Ranged top lanes like Irelia does, but he definitely has an easier time against them than most melees.

Usually I go Ravenous Hydra and Youmuu's Ghostblade as a core. If I'm ahead, I'll build a Last Whisper or rush a Trinity Force if I'm ahead really early on. Otherwise I'll just go Randuin's Omen, Banshee's Veil, and some other item, like a Guardian Angel. If I lose early to a ranged top, I'll go Hexdrinker but not upgrade it to Maw of Malmortius until really late (maybe last item). For boots, its always Mercury's Treads or Ninja Tabi depending on team comps and matchup.
rekh
<Member>
rekh's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 30, 2014 8:30am | Report
I've found that Iceborn Gauntlet is a decent item on Jarvan IV. Bit tankier than Trinity Force so it's a better option if you aren't snowballing hard - mana is nice to have too, as is CDR.
And when the blood was sprinkled on the ground where nothing could grow, the Children of the Dragon did spring up, the People of the Dragon, armed to dance with death till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit into Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day. And he did call them forth from the wasted lands, and they did shake the world with battle.
Vorcia
<Member>
Vorcia's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 30, 2014 3:00pm | Report
rekh wrote:
I've found that Iceborn Gauntlet is a decent item on Jarvan IV. Bit tankier than Trinity Force so it's a better option if you aren't snowballing hard - mana is nice to have too, as is CDR.

I struggle to think of any champion who would buy an IBG over TF unless they were behind. I'd rather just not get a Sheen item on J4 if I can't afford to buy a Triforce.
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 30, 2014 3:16pm | Report
Yorick uses Iceborn Gauntlet pretty well ;D
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
Cooper112
<Member>
Cooper112's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 30, 2014 4:41pm | Report
Iceborn Gauntlet is good if you want to kite out enemy and is useful in team fights.

Trinity is just straight up more damage. I like both Nidalee can use both well i kinda like Iceborn since she lacks cc and can kite and help more in fights.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 30, 2014 6:17pm | Report
Also, dat GP with Iceborn Gauntlet + Ravenous Hydra, AoE dmg is 1 Parrrley away. Maybe even Statikk Shiv on top of that.
I want to be a Blitzball's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 31, 2014 6:42am | Report
No mention of Kassadin top? I think it does rather well against a select few, especially against Ryze. I've had some success against Rumble and a little against Maokai while both of us had Rod of Ages only.

Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide