Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

7.4 Tier List + AMA

Creator: H4xDefender February 20, 2014 5:06pm
4307 posts - page 66 of 431
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 26, 2014 10:20am | Report

Won't be updating for a bit, going 100% bootcamp into this next coke split, play-ins are on saturday and sunday. Its all or nothing for me.

good luck, you got this, remember your training
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
Cooper112
<Member>
Cooper112's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 26, 2014 1:59pm | Report

Shield's fairly strong late-game, but now they lowered the shield value by a good amount. The tradeoff would be that it decays less fast, but it's pretty easy to keep up late-game when pushing with your team.

Also no I don't understand what a buff means, please explain it to me...

...****ing idiot!

You should stop playing this game if you dont understand basics of it you dont know what a buff is are you ******ed. Yet you act like your all this big **** who knows alot about the game.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 26, 2014 2:17pm | Report
Cooper112 wrote:

You should stop playing this game if you dont understand basics of it you dont know what a buff is are you ******ed. Yet you act like your all this big **** who knows alot about the game.

I never said that generally speaking it wasn't a buff. I said that they nerfed the shield value which is 100% accurate, which would make it less appealing for squishy characters (e.g. AD carries) late-game, which is also a completely accurate statement. Then I pointed out that IE will still be a much stronger item to rush for ADCs, so that it does not matter anything for the AD carries, but that it might change things for champions such as Riven.

You should honestly just quit having discussions with people because you have apparently no ability to write, read, or even comprehend the simplest of statements.
Cooper112
<Member>
Cooper112's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 26, 2014 2:25pm | Report

I never said that generally speaking it wasn't a buff. I said that they nerfed the shield value which is 100% accurate, which would make it less appealing for squishy characters (e.g. AD carries) late-game, which is also a completely accurate statement. Then I pointed out that IE will still be a much stronger item to rush for ADCs, so that it does not matter anything for the AD carries, but that it might change things for champions such as Riven.

You should honestly just quit having discussions with people because you have apparently no ability to write, read, or even comprehend the simplest of statements.

The shield was not nerf the fact that it lasts longer is better than it being slight stronger in value. The buffs do matter to adcs... seriously stop just stop its more dmg on anyone not just ****ing riven. The ad you will get from bt,trinity and last whisper on champs like corki will be better it will work similar to zeds w i like i said it might make up for fact that bt gives less ad now but not instead of stacking with minions its items. So after 3 items it will prob be similar in power or better than old bt and you dont lose it on death.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 26, 2014 2:42pm | Report
Cooper112 wrote:

The shield was not nerf the fact that it lasts longer is better than it being slight stronger in value. The buffs do matter to adcs... seriously stop just stop its more dmg on anyone not just ****ing riven. The ad you will get from bt,trinity and last whisper on champs like corki will be better it will work similar to zeds w i like i said it might make up for fact that bt gives less ad now but not instead of stacking with minions its items. So after 3 items it will prob be similar in power or better than old bt and you dont lose it on death.

Crit chance is, mathematically speaking, a percentual increase of your AA damage (i.e. 25% crit chance means that on average, your standard attacks deal 25% more damage). Crit damage is, mathematically speaking, a percentual increase of your crit chance (i.e. 50% crit damage means that on average, your crit chance is increased by 50%). By that logic, IE, on its own, without any AD or crit chance, increases your AA damage by 80 * (1 + 0.25 * 1.50) = 80 * 1.375 = 110. New BT, on its own, increases your AA damage by 88 (80 + 10% of bonus AD).

Now the difference is significant, and the price of IE is only 300g higher. Also, do mind that IE makes all the crit chance you buy essentially 50% more effective. Yes some adcs such as Lucian and Corki have significant bonus AD scalings on their abilities, but BT's AD is only marginally higher than IE's while prior to patch 4.10, BT was 600g cheaper and provided 20 more AD right off the bat (and then we aren't even talking about the life steal).

Recapping, IE is only slightly more expensive than BT but simply provides more stats an ADC wants and overall synergises better with their role and their kits. Right now, ADCs aren't looking for more damage late-game, so the damage but less shield tradeoff will not adjust the current issues. The fact that it will take longer for decay to set in is very welcome of course, but I don't think that was the major issue.

P.S. The fact I bring up Riven is because of her ultimate. BT is likely going to increase the bonus AD granted by Blade of the Exile which will, in turn, increase the bonus AD granted by BT, which will then, in turn, be increased by Blade of the Exile and so on. Thus rendering the new BT a lot more efficient on Riven.

P.P.S. New BT is back to its old AD value (before patch 4.10) after picking up LW and IE first, ignoring masteries and runes of course.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 26, 2014 3:18pm | Report
wow haha gmd how can you not know what a buff is haha what a noob hahaha
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 26, 2014 3:59pm | Report

Crit chance is, mathematically speaking, a percentual increase of your AA damage (i.e. 25% crit chance means that on average, your standard attacks deal 25% more damage). Crit damage is, mathematically speaking, a percentual increase of your crit chance (i.e. 50% crit damage means that on average, your crit chance is increased by 50%). By that logic, IE, on its own, without any AD or crit chance, increases your AA damage by 80 * (1 + 0.25 * 1.50) = 80 * 1.375 = 110. New BT, on its own, increases your AA damage by 88 (80 + 10% of bonus AD).

Now the difference is significant, and the price of IE is only 300g higher. Also, do mind that IE makes all the crit chance you buy essentially 50% more effective. Yes some adcs such as Lucian and Corki have significant bonus AD scalings on their abilities, but BT's AD is only marginally higher than IE's while prior to patch 4.10, BT was 600g cheaper and provided 20 more AD right off the bat (and then we aren't even talking about the life steal).

Recapping, IE is only slightly more expensive than BT but simply provides more stats an ADC wants and overall synergises better with their role and their kits. Right now, ADCs aren't looking for more damage late-game, so the damage but less shield tradeoff will not adjust the current issues. The fact that it will take longer for decay to set in is very welcome of course, but I don't think that was the major issue.

P.S. The fact I bring up Riven is because of her ultimate. BT is likely going to increase the bonus AD granted by Blade of the Exile which will, in turn, increase the bonus AD granted by BT, which will then, in turn, be increased by Blade of the Exile and so on. Thus rendering the new BT a lot more efficient on Riven.

P.P.S. New BT is back to its old AD value (before patch 4.10) after picking up LW and IE first, ignoring masteries and runes of course.

You should stop ****-talking a guy who obviously knows more about the game than you.. Especially when you don't even know what a buff is...
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 26, 2014 5:17pm | Report
i dont think i can ever take GMD seriously ever again if he doesnt even know what a buff is hahaha
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 26, 2014 5:23pm | Report
WOW

You guys are bullies...

*tear*
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 27, 2014 2:46am | Report
I hope I don't have you on my team on today's inhouses, I really don't feel like coaching you about the game while playing :^)

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide