Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

7.4 Tier List + AMA

Creator: H4xDefender February 20, 2014 5:06pm
4307 posts - page 181 of 431
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 4, 2015 2:32am | Report
All aboard the Luigi train Choo choo

Ehhh, I haven't been playing a lot of Maokai top recently (or league in general). Yea, he's strong but there's also a few other good manaless champs that can top. Gnar, for example.

Maokai's strength isn't in the lane. It's the teamfights. Just get a super good lane pully, preferably someone who doesn't use a whole lot of spells, he'll drop easily. No money for tank stats and Vengeful Maelstrom only goes so far. Especially since he doesn't get MR per level.

EDIT: Everyone's still probably on the "Maokai is best toplane!" train. Which... I guess it works, but I still prefer when I did it back in season 2/3 and people said it was bad, and I kneeeew it was going to be the next big thing. :P

They really didn't need that last nerf on the ult imo. Making it last for a short duration wasn't good for him at all. I mean, it's got a pretty long cooldown at early ranks. You could've just disengaged and gone back in when it was on cooldown... Or abuse that he has almost 0 mana if he fights you at level 6 with it.

I still think the duration of it being out should scale with ult ranks but, I'm not on the balance team. :D

Thank you to jhoijhoi for the sig, and all the dividers in the guide.

NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 4, 2015 3:16am | Report
So, what happens if you pick Poppy into Maokai?
Zordagoth
<Member>
Zordagoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 4, 2015 4:06am | Report
The guy who picked Maokai goes into the jungle and let Irelia go top, bye bye.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 4, 2015 4:13am | Report
PsiGuard wrote:

He just seems like one of those one-trick-pony type of champions since he's not very reliable if you fall behind or get pushed to tower in lane.

I'm actually mildly insulted by this
I want to be a Blitzball's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 4, 2015 7:31am | Report
Watched SKT vs Samsung today and Samsung picked a top lane tank Rengar while rounding up the build with a The Brutalizer. Seems like a massive snowball champ which is capable of destroying the likes of Maokai/ Dr. Mundo/ Rumble/ Kassadin in lane and then transition to a jungle Rengar with more items and the ability to splitpush early. What do you think about it?

Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
Blian
<Member>
Blian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 4, 2015 8:03am | Report
Whatever koreans do is always right but most probably always situational. So as the Morgana top which counters Lissandra regarding to them but who knows..
H4xDefender
<Veteran>
H4xDefender's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 4, 2015 3:09pm | Report
Moved jayce down, added morg/swain to top, moved trist up. Might do some more adjusting later.
Aeadar
<Member>
Aeadar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 4, 2015 8:27pm | Report
Aeadar wrote:
LeBlanc probably isn't T1 #1 anymore.

I completely revise this statement after playing a few games with her, she might be a little bit weaker against fat tanks(She shouldn't target them), but her still insane damage pretty much instantly kills all sqiushes non-tanks, with ridiculous mobility on top of all of that.

So pretty much the only difference is you build something other than Deathfire Grasp for the first item.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 5, 2015 5:11am | Report
Aeadar wrote:

I completely revise this statement after playing a few games with her, she might be a little bit weaker against fat tanks(She shouldn't target them), but her still insane damage pretty much instantly kills all sqiushes non-tanks, with ridiculous mobility on top of all of that.

So pretty much the only difference is you build something other than Deathfire Grasp for the first item.

Most people didn't even build DFG, it's literally not a nerf in any way to LeBlanc. The only difference is that now you don't have the option of building it, she's still as strong as ever though.
Jack Rubino
<Member>
Jack Rubino's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 5, 2015 6:51am | Report
Could you explain me why is kha so high in the tier? I mean, i played him cause wanted to see how good he could be atm, but i don't really think he's that playable, i just have too many problems when playing kha. If i build full damage i get wrecked in teamfights and most of duels since enemies' would never get isolated or alone, and as long they are always 2+ people i can't even get near the fight. If i build something defensive(ex. Randuin's Omen ) i do not deal enough damage to secure a kill or be any reliable in fights, and still end up getting destroyed(specially if they have CCs). I feel like that Rengar is all the way too much superior to kha atm, both for jungling and fighting. Also noticed that i was more usefull as full AD Jarvan IV then a "true" assassin like kha. I'm not saying i didn't do anything wrong while playing him, no doubts i became weaker since i stopped playing lol everyday and focused on something else, and that i'm not that great jungler, but i just feel that he is kinda too weak atm. Any thoughts? Also, if i would play a true assassin, which champ would you suggest me to try out?

Other little question: Is malph still better as full tank or it's better to build more frequently something like Iceborn Gauntlet And Abyssal Mask? I usually build Iceborn Gauntlet only when im doing good and there isn't anyone hard fed. About Abyssal Mask, i do not really build it, but it might be good since this season seems focused on dealing as much damage as possible.
"It's gonna be legen… wait for it… dary!"

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide